If you are new to CrossFit then you are probably a little overwhelmed by the number of athletic shoes you have to choose from. Not only are CrossFit shoes available in any color and pattern you can think of, but the footwear is also divided into different types and categories. Before you start to panic and grab any pair of comfortable looking shoes, you might want to consider one of the following brands. These supportive and durable training shoes are affordable and are designed to help newbies get through a CrossFit work out in style!
Top-rated CrossFit Shoes for Beginners
This cross-training shoe is designed to support and cushion your feet while you are working out. It features a breathable mesh sock liner to prevent moisture and odor, along with keeping your feet cool and comfortable. The lightweight shoes are durable and supportive and include impact shock-absorbing cushioning. There is also a medial guard, which provides additional stability. Available in both men’s and women’s sizes, these all-purpose cross-training shoes are designed to improve performance and help protect you from injuries.
- These athletic shoes provide the additional support and stability newcomers to CrossFit often need
- You can find these cross-training shoes in a color to match your workout clothes
- Constructed from synthetic materials, these shoes are durable and long lasting
- There have been issues with sizing, which is why it is important to measure your foot
- Some consumers have mentioned that these cross-training shoes can take a while to break in
Inov-8 F-Lite 235
With its low-profile design, this CrossFit shoe is stylish and supportive. This athletic shoe is perfect for anyone new to these grueling workouts, especially if you are not used to doing lifts and squats. These shoes feature a reinforced mid section and revolutionary flex technology. The shoes move with your foot’s natural movement while still giving you the support and stability that you need. These athletic shoes are also available in men’s and women’s sizes.
- The low-profile design is stylish and ideal for newcomers to weights and climbs
- The synthetic sole is flexible and provides plenty of stability
- Inner cushioning helps absorb impact shock from hard landings
- While the lower design is ideal for weights and rope climbs, it may not provide enough ankle support for some athletes
- Like with many athletic shoes, sizing can vary, making it important to ensure you know your exact foot measurements
Not everyone that is new to CrossFit needs or wants extra cushioning in their workout shoes, which is why so many beginners and experienced athletes love these cross-training shoes. The minimalistic design lets you “feel” the ground underneath your feet while still giving you the support and stability you need to power through your workouts. There is a 4 mm differential between the toe and heel of the shoes, which is ideal for all of the different CrossFit exercises. Added to this is the padded midsole that will help cushion and energize your feet. Available in men’s and women’s sizes, these are the best CrossFit shoes for beginners that do not want a lot of excess padding.
- You get the benefit of the durable construction that will last through all of your workouts
- The front lacing closure ensures that you always get a secure fit
- An odor and bacteria reducing insole helps keep your feet dry and comfortable
- These cross-training shoes are slightly heavier and may cause leg fatigue in athletes not used to the strenuous workouts
- The higher price of these shoes may not fit everyone’s athletic budget
Long known for its outstanding athletic shoes, these cross-trainers from ASICS are designed for beginning and professional CrossFitters. The stylish design of the shoes is fashionably eye catching, and you can find a pair to match all of your workout clothes. Your feet will appreciate the springy midsole and comfortable gel padding that will help keep you energized, and the flex grooves prevent you from sliding on slick surfaces. Designed to move with your foot while also offering support, you’ll see why these shoes are so popular after just one workout.
- The flexible and supportive design is ideal for all types of CrossFit workouts
- You have the advantage of the breathable mesh inner liner that helps prevent moisture and odor
- The synthetic material is durable and will last through all of your CrossFit workouts
- These athletic shoes might be considered too bulky for some athletes’ comfort
- While there is gel padding throughout the midsole, it may not be enough if you are suffering from low or fallen arches
Featuring a fun and comfortable design, along with an affordable price, these cross-training shoes are ideal for anyone new to CrossFit. The shoes are designed to fit your feet securely while also providing plenty of cushioning. Your heel is cradled to prevent impact shock, and you also have the benefit of midsole cushioning. These cross-training shoes also have an innovative diamond-shaped pattern on the soles to prevent sliding on slippery surfaces. With a price that is perfect for anyone just starting out in CrossFit and plenty of cushioning and traction, it is easy to see why so many athletes choose to wear Nike footwear.
- The synthetic and mesh construction helps keep your feet dry and odor free
- Along with providing exceptional traction, the diamond pattern also gives the shoes amazing flexibility
- The front lacing closure helps give you a secure fit while also providing additional support
- Due to the huge popularity of these cross-training shoes, some consumers have mentioned that it is difficult to find the right color in their size
- Some athletes prefer a heavier shoe to help build muscle, and these may be considered too lightweight
These athletic shoes are designed to be used in a variety of different sports, which is one of the reasons why each one is perfect for CrossFit. Designed to be durable, supportive, and comfortable, these shoes can help get you through the gruelling workouts. Best of all, these athletic training shoes are also stylish and affordable.
Latest posts by Brian Westen (see all)
- CrossFit Warm-ups That Can Be Practised Regularly - April 5, 2016
- Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoe Review - March 30, 2016
- Get the Right Pair of Powerlift Shoes for Keeping Your Feet Safe - March 29, 2016