One of the most important items you will ever buy for CrossFit is your shoes, and it seems like every footwear brand is now manufacturing a pair designed for cross-training. One of the most important things for you to remember is that not all brands are created equal. Before you run out and purchase the latest pair of cross-training shoes, you might want to take a look at these top-rated brands. Here are the top five brands of athletic shoes to get you through your workouts and help you increase your stamina and endurance. It should also be noted that all of these brands manufacture cross-training shoes for men and women.
The Best Shoe Brands for CrossFit for Men and Women
Inov-8 is a revolutionary manufacturer of fitness shoes, which includes a line of footwear dedicated to CrossFit. All of the cross-training shoes are designed to be lightweight and comfortable, and they are ideal for anyone who loves the feel of the ground beneath their feet. The shoes feature a minimalist design that lets your foot sit closer to the ground while still including enough shock-absorbing padding to cushion your feet on harder terrain. You will also benefit from the thinner sole that provides just enough traction to provide you with plenty of grip without slowing you down.
- The company is staffed by several skilled athletes who test out the Inov-8 shoes before each new pair hits the shelves
- With its lightweight construction you can improve your workout times without suffering from leg fatigue
- These cross-training shoes are designed to move with your foot’s natural placement to provide a comfortable running experience
- These athletic shoes are priced higher than some similar models and may not fit everyone’s budget
- The minimalist design is not recommended for athletes suffering from flat feet or weak ankles
Shoes to consider:
No matter the sport, there is a pair of athletic shoes by Reebok designed just for it. Since 1958, Reebok has been manufacturing high-performance athletic footwear, and this same dedication to athletic excellence has been applied to the company’s cross-training shoes. You get the advantage of Reebok’s well-known high-performance footwear that is designed to improve your athlete skills and push you through all of your CrossFit workouts. Using high-quality materials and combining it with revolutionary technology, Reebok is still manufacturing some of the best athletic footwear.
- There is a wide variety of styles and colors of athletic footwear to choose from, making it easier to find the right pair for your daily WOD
- The cross-training shoes are designed to be lightweight, supportive, and durable during any type of exercise
- The mesh construction and included cushioning helps keep your feet cool and comfortable while you are working out
- While Reebok does manufacture several pairs of shoes for CrossFit, some consumers feel that the styles may be too plain for their personal preferences
- Some consumers have mentioned that the athletic shoes may run slightly smaller than other brands, and it is recommended that you try on a pair before making your final decision
Shoes to consider:
- CrossFit Nano
- CrossFit Lifter for Women
This American company is proud to have been manufacturing high-performance athletic footwear for over seventy-five years, and its commitment to excellence has never changed. This is one of the few companies that manufacture cross-training shoes for all types of athletes, including those who prefer a more minimalist running experience. Each pair of New Balance shoes are created from high-quality materials and are designed to help you improve your workout experience. Whether you want to feel the terrain under your feet when you are running or add extra support and cushioning for low arches, there is a pair of New Balance cross-training shoes designed just for you.
- New Balance has a long line of innovative athletic footwear that includes several types of cross-training shoes for any workout and personal style
- The quality construction and durable materials ensure that your shoes last through all of your workouts
- With several different types and styles of athletic shoes, it is easy to find a pair that fits your budget
- Some barefoot running enthusiasts may feel that the minimalist designed cross-training shoes contain too much padding in the mid sole
- Almost all of the athletic shoes by New Balance feature a front-lacing closure that might not be preferred by everyone
Shoes to consider:
Even the name of the company is synonymous with having a healthy mind and body, which is one of the reasons this Japanese athletic shoe company is seeing such phenomenal success. Each pair of cross-training shoes is manufactured from high-quality items and is designed to help you steadily improve your performance. There are several different styles of CrossFit shoes by ASICS, and each has its own advantages. Barefoot runners will enjoy the lightweight minimal shoes, and cross-trainers can also choose from athletic footwear that includes extra support and stability along with an exceptional cushioning system.
- These supportive and comfortable athletic shoes are available in several designs and colors to fit everyone’s workout needs
- The durable and long-lasting construction makes these an exceptional value for your money
- With the advantage of gel cushioning, you can comfortably power through all of your workouts
- Some barefoot runners may feel that the New Balance minimalist shoes are too heavy for their comfort
- While the gel cushioning is ideal for athletes with shin splints or fallen arches, it may not be comfortable for those who prefer a less cushioned feeling
Shoes to consider:
For more than forty years Nike has been creating revolutionary and inventive sports appeal and gear. The company’s long line of cross-training shoes are frequently recommended by experienced CrossFitters, and there are several styles to choose from. Not only can you find the perfect color with Nike’s extensive collection of athletic shoes but also the best style so you can work out in as much comfort as possible during the grueling WODs. Nike offers cross-training shoes that include well-cushioned trainers and supportive weight lifting footwear to ones that feature a minimalist design. You can also find Nike cross-trainers with Velcro straps and front-lacing closures, just to give you a few more options to consider.
- With a long line of athletic shoes that are designed to enhance and improve your athletic performance, you can almost always find the perfect pair of cross-training footwear
- The wide range of cross-training shoes also gives you more options in your budget
- Not only will a pair of athletic shoes from Nike help improve your athletic performance, but it can also be a step toward improving the environment
- Some athletes have mentioned that there have been occasional problems with the stitching unraveling in some pairs of cross-training shoes
- While having plenty of options to choose from is an advantage, some people can feel overwhelmed by the number of shoes they have to choose from
Shoe to consider:
Latest posts by Brian Westen (see all)
- CrossFit Warm-ups That Can Be Practised Regularly - April 5, 2016
- Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoe Review - March 30, 2016
- Get the Right Pair of Powerlift Shoes for Keeping Your Feet Safe - March 29, 2016