CrossFit is a very popular worldwide fitness program that involves strength and conditioning of the body. The training program incorporates everything from a casual jog or sprint to the high intensity weight lifting or squatting. “Workout of the Day” is what is meant when the word WOD is uttered.
And in today’s world, working out is as necessary as taking one’s daily cup of tea. This daily fitness regime does not only demand total dedication, determination, and enthusiasm, but also the right apparatus of working out so that your body can get the maximum effectiveness from the workout regimen.
CrossFit Equipment for a Home Gym
Many of you are blessed with a gym very close to home, and that almost is a dream come true. But for those of you who have gyms located quite far from your home, don’t lose heart! With just a a few tips and a little bit of money you can actually build up your very own gym at your own place, preferably in the garage.
Here are a few suggestions that can actually help you pick up the right equipment and turn this dream into a reality. With the following items, you can do a complete CrossFIt workout in style!
CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Weight Bar
An Olympic weightlifting barbell is clearly the forerunner on the list of essential home-gym equipment. Indented with a diamond knurled surface, this one twirls at the slightest touch to prevent the bar from warping. With the standard depth, a knurled surface enables friction and confirms the security of your grip and also diminishes pressure on your wrists while lifting weights.
It also is extremely durable and will last for years. This weightlifting bar can fit 2″ hole plates and partakes a weight capacity of 500 lbs., making it suitable for any lifter. This body training equipment is a great supplement to your home gym and makes an excellent addition to any CrossFit workout.
- It is a very solid apparatus.
- It offers security of your grip.
- It’s quite durable.
Premium Black Bumper Plate Solid Rubber with Steel Insert – Great for CrossFit Workouts
The next one on the list is obviously weights for the new bar you just bought. Go for reliable brands here, and this one is a perfect choice. Combat-tested at various games, Premium Black Bumper Plates are both a powerful and smart, yet inexpensive choice for any training program.
These bumpers have a steady dead bounce, resilience, and distinguishing smooth finish. These superior, low-priced plates fit snugly onto any standard bar.
- A great buy keeping in mind the budget.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- It has superb dead bounce, allowing you work out with other people.
- Some customers complained about the smell of the rubber.
Master of Muscle Jump Rope
One thing that is an absolute imperative for any home gym is a speed rope. Constructed with a 90-degree spinning handle for assured grip, this jump rope from Master of Muscle is perfect for those looking to do double or triple unders.
This rope will spin as fast as you want! The bearing system facilitates ultimate revolutions and the 9-ft long cable adds swiftness and durability. It’s long lasting and the only thing that can put a halt to it are your records.
- It offers assured grip.
- One of the fastest ropes available.
- It is quite durable and lasts for a long time
- It is excellent for practicing double unders due to very quick turning speeds.
Nayoya Gymnastic Rings
Another necessity for a CrossFit gym is gymnastic rings that are necessary for achieving greater upper body strength, and these rings fit the bill perfectly. Devised as a twenty-first century version of a classic strength augmenting basic, these rings have high endurance capabilities.
They are plastic rings that take only about five minutes to set up. They withstand everything from CrossFit ring workouts to the everyday ring dips, pull-ups, muscle-ups, and more that make up any Olympic gymnast’s regime.
- They are super resilient.
- They offer great grip.
- Contains straps that can be easily set up.
CAP Barbell Enamel Coated Cast Iron Kettlebell
The design of this kettlebell permits the hand grip of the kettlebell to be seated farther down on the lifter’s forearm, transporting the majority of the weight proximal to the body. This one distributes the weight onto the body of the lifter for greater comfort and safety. They also come with a warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
- It has a steel-built body.
- It consists of a great handgrip.
- This one distributes the weight onto the body for better safety and greater comfort.
Dynamax Medicine Balls
Medicine balls are multi-functional, but mostly they are utilized as wall balls. Dynamax medicine balls were the pioneers of this product in the market with sufficient stuffing which means that they can be used securely at high velocities.
Using these balls, there are dozens of drills that can be accomplished, like stamina, cardio respiratory endurance, strength, speed, flexibility, power, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination. This is a unique product that combines efficacy, safety, and durability all at the same time. The Dynamax “Foundations” DVD will acquaint you with the high-velocity workouts, along with simple methods about how to get the maximum out of your Dynamax Medicine Ball.
- It is quite resilient.
- It is good for wall balls, sit-ups, and throwing, as well as a host of other exercises.
- Durability is one of its assets.
- The weight inside of it may, very rarely, get off center, causing a wobble and making it difficult for throwing and catching.
Adidas Flat Bench
Though not a priority for CrossFit, you can go for a weight bench as there are innumerable things you can do with this, especially if you have a power rack. The Adidas Flat Bench can be put to use while working out on back and abs as well as during free weightlifting.
The low profile bench comes with a 2.5″ highly concentrated foam back pad with boxed furnished construction for extra durability. Apart from that, it also consists of a powder-coated finish and large diameter steel tubing. It measures 44” x 19” x 17” when completely assembled. Backed by a two-year warranty this one is a product that you just can’t ignore.
- It is super easy to assemble.
- This is a very sturdy piece of exercise gear and will last you for years.
- It is able to carry much more weight than its counter parts.
- The welds on the Adidas bench are not that great.
- The legs are not padded on the bottom, so it may cause scratches if used on wooden floor.
If you’re not close to a CrossFit gym, fear not! It really doesn’t need to be a hindrance to getting an excellent workout in. If you’ve got a few hundred bucks to invest, you could create a superb gym in a limited space of your house or garage. We hope you found this article useful in creating your own CrossFit gym at home.
Latest posts by Tony Calder (see all)
- Best CrossFit Shoes for High Arches: Find the Perfect Fit! - March 16, 2018
- 6 Best Snacks to Power You Up After a CrossFit Workout - July 30, 2017
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 7.0 for Women Review: Are they Right For You? - February 1, 2017