You may have already started to collect a lot of equipment for your home gym. And most likely, you’ll have several weights, a cardio machine, and other fitness gear that help you keep yourself fit. But, you may not have a balance board.
But did you know that you can turn simple exercises, such as push-ups and planks, into challenging workouts that help you build your muscles? Enter the balance board which is also known as a wobble board.
The exercise board may have off as tools used by surfers and skiers to practice their balancing skills when they couldn’t hit the waves or slopes during bad weather or the offseason. These tools were even used by circus performers to showcase their skills under the big top.
But this simple yet functional device is now being used by fitness buffs to improve their balance, core strength, and overall fitness. You can even use it to make basic exercises, like push-ups and planks, challenging to perform and help you improve your stability and balance.
Thinking of getting yourself a balance board already?
Best Balance Board
Well, check out five of the best balance boards you can find in the market today.
- Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board System
- Dailyart Balance Board
- URBNFit Wooden Wobble Board
- TheraBand Wobble Board
- NALANDA Balance Board
Now, let’s go through the features offered by each board
#1: Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board System
- GAIN NEW MUSCLE, GAIN NEW INSIGHT: Athletes and fitness gurus alike use the FIT to strengthen both...
- BLAST YOUR CORE, AND HAVE A BLAST DOING IT: The FIT is so fun to use, you won’t know you’re...
- FUNCTIONAL CROSS TRAINING: It’s the perfect FIT for sports training. Transform basic exercises...
- GYM DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Revolution Balance Boards are built tough, by the tough, for the tough. After...
- SYSTEM INCLUDES: FIT Board | Extra Grip Roller | 360 Air Cushion | High Density Rocker | Exercise...
Looking for an all-in-one balance board system to help you reach your fitness goals? In so, the Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board is the best one for you. Each set comes with the FIT board, 360-degree air cushion, extra-grip roller, and high-density rocker.
All these components allow you to work on your core muscles and enhance your flexibility, stability, recovery speed, reflexes, and balance. You can turn your basic exercises into full-body workouts so you’ll reach your fitness goals faster.
- Consists of the FIT board, 360-degree air cushion, extra-grip roller, and high-density rocker.
- Builds up your core muscle groups
- Enhances flexibility, stability, recovery speed, reflexes, and balance
- Durable and tough board designed to last
- Fun and enjoyable to use
Customer Reviews for the Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board System
“This is an incredible board system designed for everyone. Bigger than a skateboard but it’s not overwhelming. I’ll probably use this board for a very long time.”
“It’s challenging yet fun to use even though I’m new to using balance boards and I’m not a surfer. I love using it. I immediately felt improvements in my glutes, quads, and calves after using this a couple of times.”
“This is a well-designed and versatile product. I’m using it to enhance my balance and agility in preparation for a snowboarding competition I’m joining. It uses quality materials and I’m one satisfied user.”
The Takeaway on the Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board System
If you’re planning to get an all-in-one board system, the Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Board System should be on the top of your list.
Does it sound like the right exercise board for you? Head over to Amazon to find out more about it right here:
#2: Dailyart Balance Board
- Choose a High-Quality Balance Board: Our balance board consists of 10 layers of birch and poplar...
- Improve Balance, Agility and Srength: Use the Dailyart balance board to easily perform leg,...
- Widely used: Ideal for fitness, training and all surfboards, it will greatly help you or your family...
- Free exercise guide: We provide you with a free quickstart workout guide to let you or your family...
- Friendly Customer Service: Buy any product of Dailyart will enjoy 1 year warranty and 60 days money...
Versatility is one of the things that the Dailyart Balance Board offers to anyone looking to improve their balance, increase their core muscle strength, and develop their agility. Made of ten layers of poplar and birch wood, it is a durable board that can carry weights of up to 500 pounds.
Aside from the board and roller, you also get a free exercise guide to help you start your journey towards a fitter lifestyle. Moreover, it comes with a one-year warranty and a 60-day moneyback guarantee.
Key Features of the Dailyart Balance Board
- Made of ten layers of poplar and birch wood for durability
- Can hold up to 500 pounds of weight
- Soft fabric roller surface
- Comes with a free exercise guide
- One-year warranty and 60-day moneyback guarantee
“I’m loving this balance board. I’ll likely use it at least four to five times a day. The board is durable and its roller doesn’t scratch the floor.”
“This is a high-quality fitness balancing board. I use it once in a while to take a break from watching television or playing video games. It may be simple but it helps improve your balance and core strength.”
“I bought this for my son for his 18th birthday. He loves it and is what he always wanted. He uses it to get a good workout.”
Summary for the Dailyart Balance Board
Looking for a versatile and durable balance board? If so, you should stop your search with the Dailyart Balance Board.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick up one of our favourite wobble boards? Find out all the details you need to know about this top product on Amazon:
Compare Balance Boards
For the head-to-head comparison of some of our favourite products, be sure to have a look at this handy chart we put together for you:
#3: URBNFit Wooden Balance Board
- DYNAMIC WORKOUT: Balance training boards are a fun and exciting way to improve your balance, body...
- MULTISPORT TRAINING: Perfect for improving balance for skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, skiing...
- MADE FROM PINE & POPLAR WOOD: Built from PVC with a soft fabric on the outside that adheres...
- WORKOUT GUIDE & QUICKSTART GUIDE INCLUDED: Get started with your balance board right away and enjoy...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Adhering to URBNFit high-quality standards, If you have any concerns or issues,...
If you’re in the market for a durable balance board that’s fun to use, then you should seriously consider getting the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board. It is perfect to improve your surfing or skateboarding skills. You can also use it as response training for other sports like soccer, CrossFit, lacrosse, football, and basketball.
The poplar and pinewood board has a non-slip emery grip tape layer. The roller is made of PVC covered with soft fabric that naturally adheres to the bottom of the board. Additionally, you can bring the board anywhere you want to exercise.
- Board is made of poplar and pinewood with an emery grip tape layer
- The roller is made of soft fabric-covered PVC
- Designed to enhance agility, body control, balance, and build your strength
- Ideal for preparing for sports such as soccer, football, basketball, and lacrosse, among others
- Moneyback guarantee
What do People Think About It?
“This fitness board performs just as great as other higher-priced boards. It can also carry my full 200-pound weight. It is also quite wide.”
“This board meets my expectations for balance boards. I bought it to improve my balance and core muscles. I’m quite pleased I bought this balance board.”
“This is a great board and my kids love it. There slowly improving their balance using the board. It’s also great for strengthening the legs.”
The Takeaway on the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board
Durable and fun to use are two descriptions you will hear when people talk about the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board.
Where Can I Buy One?
This is certainly one of the best fitness balancing boards to consider. Head over to Amazon to check for the best prices:
#4: TheraBand Wobble Board
- 16 1/8" diameter with a 22° angle of deflection, this stability trainer provides a 360º plane for...
- Durable and lightweight, made of black molded plastic with a specially-designed tactile surface on...
- Offers an unstable and sensory-stimulating surface that provides proprioceptive feedback during...
- Allows for multiple planes of instability for the most challenging training, such as circular...
- Comes with illustrated instruction guide with over 37 exercises, great for integrating with other...
If you’re thinking of getting a board for enhancing your core and agility while facilitating rehabilitation, then you should look for the TheraBand Wobble Board. It is a good stability trainer designed for 360-degree balance training.
The board is also ideal for core stability workouts and can be used for rehabilitation conditioning. It is also designed for both single and multiple plane balance exercises.
- Ideal for 360-degree balance training
- Lightweight and durable
- Facilitates rehabilitation and post-rehabilitation conditioning exercises.
- Enhances overall strength and balance
- Comes with an illustrated exercise guide
Online Reviews for the TheraBand Wobble Board
“The board is durable and features a non-slip surface. The board works just fine. It is safe to use.”
“It readily engages the abdominals when you use it. I use it to improve my balance and strengthen my core. It’s a great addition to my daily exercise routine.”
“I love this fit board. It helped me deal with my Achilles tendon injury in just two weeks. I have one at work and will get another one for the house.”
Summary for the TheraBand Wobble Board
Are you looking for a balance board deal for rehabilitation work and core strengthening exercises? If yes, then you should consider getting the TheraBand Wobble Board for your home gym.
Pick up a balancing board for sale today:
#5: NALANDA Balance Board
- 【Sturdy and Solid Construction With Thick Board】The deck are made of multi-layer durable PVC and...
- 【Stylish and Safety Non-slip Surface & 74 cm x 30 cm deck】 Non-slip and a bright top surface for...
- 【3 Adjustable Distance For Both Beginner and Pro / fun and easy to use】 The wobble balance board...
- 【Improve Balance, Agility, and Strength】 Help to control your body better and distributing your...
- 【Compact and Flexible design】 Compact and portable for easy transport, it can be used almost...
Are you new to using a balance board? In this case, you’ll likely love using the NALANDA Balance Board and its tree adjustable skills levels. The distance levels of the roller stop of the board can be adjusted depending on your skill: beginner, intermediate, or advanced user.
The board itself is made of durable multilayer PVC while its roller is lightweight yet heavy-duty. It is also easy to use and convenient to carry around.
- Three adjustable distance levels
- Durable and sturdy board and roller
- Non-stick board surface for better traction
- Easy and fun to use
- Compact and easy to bring around
“This is a high-quality balance board. It’s solid and durable. It allowed me to improve the strength of my ankles and feet. I used to always sprain my ankle but since using this thing consistently, this hasn’t happened.”
“I love the way the balance board was designed. It allowed me to improve my balance and core strength. Every family should have one of these boards.”
“I was pleasantly surprised when I got the board. It’s durable and well-built. The board allowed me to prepare for snowboarding during my long breaks.”
Should you Consider Buying the NALANDA Balance Board?
Keen on getting a wobble board that allows you to adjust the distance level depending on your skills? Then, you should get the NALANDA Balance Board.
Where Can I Find One?
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Balance Board
At this point, you may already be preparing your first balance board. But choosing the best one is not as easy as it sounds. You should consider some factors before finalizing your decision.
To help you with this, we came up with a list of factors you should consider when your planning to buy a balance board. Check out the factors below:
#1: Deck Size
You should consider the size of the deck or the width of the board before buying a balance board. Taller users may require wider and longer boards to get the best out of their purchase. On the other hand, narrower boards will be beneficial for shorter users.
With this in mind, you should make sure to check the dimensions of the board before you add it to your cart.
The materials used to make the board is also an important factor to consider. The most common materials used for balance boards are wood and plastic.
While wooden boards normally wear out faster, they’re also better in terms of quality. On the other hand, plastic wobble boards may last longer, their quality is not as good as wooden boards. Due to this, you should try to find a suitable balance between longevity and the quality of the board.
#3: Difficulty Range
There are some boards designed for use by beginners. Some are also designed to meet the needs of advanced users. Due to this, you should check if the balance board you’re eyeing is suitable for your needs.
The surface of the balance board should also be considered. Some boards have a greppable surface allowing you to stay on top while using it. On the other hand, some boards can be quite smooth and slippery.
To know if the board surface is good enough for you, you should check the product description and customer reviews. These sections will provide a good idea about the surface of the balance board.
Another important factor to consider is the price of the exercise board. Your budget will determine which board you can afford. The prices of a balance board can range from $20 up to nearly $600.
Even as you base your purchase on your budget, you should remember that some cheaper models can perform as well, if not better than more expensive models. To know which balance board gives you the best bang for the buck, you should read the customer reviews of the product you’re planning to buy.
#6: Customer Reviews
As with anything that you might consider buying, it’s, of course, prudent to check and see what other people are saying about it. We recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon to get an accurate picture of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
The length of the warranty for fitness products varies greatly. Some companies offer a lifetime guarantee while some are as short as 1-3 months. Of course, longer is better so be sure to check the fine print before dropping some cash on one of these products.
Balance Board FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about balance boards. Here are the answers to some of the most common ones.
What is a Balance Board Good For?
A balance board is good for people recovering from foot or ankle injuries or those looking to improve their athletic performance in sports like hockey, surfing or skateboarding. In addition, some people with conditions like cerebral palsy can use them to help improve coordination and balance.
Is a Balance Board Worth It?
Balance boards are very reasonably priced and most people consider them to be worth it for building muscle strength, increasing balance for sports, or increasing calorie burn at a standing desk. There are really no downsides to using them!
Do Balance Boards Help you Lose Weight?
Balance boards can help you lose weight in certain situations. If you use them at a standing desk, or when watching TV for example, you will burn more calories than just standing or sitting. They can also increase calorie burn when used during weightlifting for example.
Are Balance Boards Dangerous?
Balance boards are certainly good at helping develop coordination and balance. However, they can be dangerous as a hard fall off of one may result in broken bones, and head, spine or joint injuries. Use caution with them and have a wall or other thing to grab on to when you’re just starting out.
How Long Should you Use a Balance Board?
To get some great benefits from using a balance board, sessions do not have to be too long. 10-15 minutes a day is ideal. Or, consider using them with a standing desk or when watching TV for example.
Have your say about the Best Balance Board
What’s your top pick for a balance board or wobble board? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also, be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API