If you’re looking for a top of the line home gym, then the Total Gym Fitness Equipment (Fit/XLS) should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right fitness equipment for you.
An Introduction to the Total Gym Fit
At the gym you get to use a variety of exercising equipment which makes it easier to get a complete full-body workout. However, it cannot be denied that the ever-increasing costs of gyms can become a financial burden. This is why the Total Gym Fit brings fitness to the comfort of your home.
One of the Best Home Gyms
This cost-effective home gym system offers you a wide array of workout tools and a library of Total Gym exercises to help you meet all your fitness needs without having to step out of the house.
Total Gym Fitness Gear
The Total Gym FIT features twice the resistance levels as any other Total Gym equipment with a variety of other features that you can tailor according to your own needs. Its attractive sleek look and advance technology, with no assembly required makes it the easiest and the best option for you.
Where Can I Buy this Home Gym?
The best place to find this home gym is directly from the company. You can check it out for yourself here:
Features and Specifications
With no hassle to assemble the tools and its brand-new upgraded features, Total Gym FIT promises to be easier, faster and much more effective. Listed below are its specifications.
- It has 450lb weight capacity
- Features a compact lightweight design. Its dimensions are 93 x 18.5 x 44.5 inches and after folding it becomes 50.5 x 18.5 x 8.5 inches. This makes it a narrower machine in comparison to other machines.
- It allows over 85 exercise options designed for cardiovascular fitness, circuit training, stretching and strength training. Also, it claims to provide excellent back and joint support.
- There are 12 resistance levels than the usual 6 which provides improved stability and control.
- It consists of 2-piece updated attachments of wings for wider motion range.
- It has stretchable and flexible nylon strap handles. The Fit has features equivalent to mid-pulley station, arm curls, stations for pulls and presses, leg development and squats.
- There are optional attachments that you can use with it include: press-up bar, dip bar, roller, Pilates kit and CycloTrainer.
- It has a new auto-lock system that allows you to transition between exercises with absolute ease. This makes full-body workouts more seamless, quick and easy.
- It provides a smoother ride with the new custom fender system
- Upgraded steel frame that is very durable
- It has a ribbed squat stand
- The new technology of Ergonomic Glideboard has an additional comfort system. This is a long, padded workout bench which adjusts the resistance according to your body weight and makes exercising more challenging.
- It has a slide Pivot Assembly that provides more strength and durability
- There is an advanced Pulley and Cable system
- It has a leg Pulley accessory with a detachable bracket
- Included in the set is the best-selling Ab Crunch Workout DVD and other accessories.
What Do People Think about this Garage Gym?
“Easy to set up and one of the most versatile workout units I’ve ever come across. It’s not cheap, but you get what you pay for! In this case, it’s one of the highest quality workout machines out there. I had a few problems with setting it up, but customer service was excellent and they were able to help me out.”
“My husband and I both very pleased with this machine. We have a hard time finding the time to get to the gym, so wanted something simple that we could use at home. I’m a runner, but have found that since starting strength workouts, my times have improved. Thank you Total Gym!”
“Easy storage and takes up a surprisingly little amount of space in our garage. We use it a few times a week and mostly love it. The only real problem is that I’m quite tall and have a hard time doing some of the exercises. However, I have this same problem at the gym too.”
Accessories for a Total Gym Workout
Total Gym Fit also offers an extensive line of accessories to make your workouts at home more effective.
- Best-Selling Total Gym Crunch Accessory- This is great for both beginner to advanced levels of abdominal exercises that strengthen your core while lengthening your oblique and improving your overall posture.
- 2-piece wing attachment for wider motion range- This is an upgrade over the Total Gym wing accessory which helps work on arms and strengthens the core.
- Ribbed Squat Stand-This is also an upgrade over the previous cheaper models. This function assists in toning your legs with the option of height adjustment.
- Leg Pull Accessory with detachable bracket
- Additional two ankle cuffs/straps
- Instructional guide/wall chart
- Instructional videos
- Optional attachments as stated above
Where Can I Buy Attachments and Accessories?
The best place to get this stuff is direct from the company. Check out all the options here:
20 Minute HIIT Workout with this Home Gym
Workouts you Can Do with the Total Gym Fit
These Total Gym Fit workouts included in the DVD are easier for you to follow without the assistance and guidance of a gym trainer. While you may find other fitness DVDs at a much higher cost, the bundle of Total Gym FIT workout DVDs are a cheaper investment that do not even require a lot of space.
- Total Gym AbCrunch Workout DVD- Helps you tone your abdominals and enhance posture.
- Start It Up DVD- This will guide you through your first fitness workout!
- 6-8 Minute DVD Workout- 12 work-along workouts for men and women when they are pressed for time
- NEW DVD. Beginner Program with Todd Durkin to help you start your fitness routine and increase your strength, energy and stamina.
- +BONUS 19-Minute “Half-time” Beginner Express Workout for days when you have limited time but you want to add workouts into your busy routine.
- NEW DVD! Intermediate Program with Todd Durkin to challenge your strength while increasing your intensity. This also helps in building muscle and burning fat.
- NEW DVD! 5-Day Advanced Program with Todd Durkin (Separate Upper Body and Lower Body Workouts). This is to provide you with advanced strength training.
- Total Gym Exercise Wall Chart- poster with 35 Total Gym exercises including Total Gym Core exercises
- Total Gym Training Deck- Your Personal Training System
- Hollywood’s well-known personal trainer Dan Isaacson’s Nutritional Program and Meal Plan.
- HIIT workouts
Check out all the exercise videos here:
Total Gym Fit Exercises
The Takeaway on this Popular Home Gym Equipment
So, the question arises, is it a wise option to buy the Total Gym Fit Machine? Is this product worth the premium price?
Well, Total Gym itself is an old fitness brand which has established its name in the market. Its durability and high-quality is commendable and stands out among the rest of the brands. Total Gym Fit may be the most expensive home gym but it is a one-time investment that will save you from spending so much money on gym memberships.
While gyms are in no doubt beneficial, this versatile system adds ease to your life by giving you the same amazing benefits with less cost in the long run and more saved space at home. Although its functions are comparable, yet this home gym stands out from others on any levels because of its exceptional features.
What We Love About It
Additionally, there are flexible payment options and trial offers for these products that make it a reliable option.
- 30-Day Trial with which you can try out the equipment for 30 days and return it if you are not satisfied and that too with full refund.
- There is an extended 2-year warranty on parts while a lifetime warranty on frame.
- There are flexible payment options where you can either pay in full or avail the trail offer with monthly installments.
- As if this was not enough, there is absolutely free shipping and priority processing on all Total Gym FIT orders.
So, the choice is yours to make!
Where Can I Get This Gym Fitness Equipment?
Does it sound like the right home workout gym for you? You can easily learn more about it at the company’s website. Order your home gym today:
Total Gym Fit vs Total Gym XLS
There are a few key differences to take note of when comparing the Fit to the XLS. Basically, the Gym Fit is the newer, updated XLS that comes in at a few hundred dollars more.
The gym fit has 85 exercises and 12 levels of resistance compared to 80 for the XLS with 6 levels.
The gym fit has a maximum athlete capacity of 450 pounds, while the XLS can handle 400 pounds. There are also more workout tools, attachments, and DVDS with the Gym Fit.
What about the Total Gym GTS?
Finally, if you’re looking for the best total gym that money can buy, you’ll want to opt for the GTS. It’s their featured product that’s a cut above the rest.
It has more than 22 exercises with 22 levels of resistance. And it’s also rated to 650 pounds, making it an ideal choice for powerlifting or bodybuilder. These extra exercises and resistance levels may be just what you’re looking for.
Like all these home gyms, it offers a serious total body workout and is a fun way to get in great shape.
Have your Say about this Garage Gym for CrossFit, or Other Workouts
What do you think about the Total Gym Fit? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other gym buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by John James (see all)
- Xero Shoes Review: The Best Minimalist Shoes for CrossFit? - June 19, 2019
- Asics Conviction X Review: The Best Asics CrossFit Shoe? - June 12, 2019
- Nike Romaleos 3 Weightlifting Shoe Review - May 14, 2019