Building muscles is no joke. You have to go through regular strength training. Or in other words, you need to lift weights. While lifting free weights is the most popular way to build muscles and increase strength, some exercises require other equipment in addition to the weights like weight benches.
One of the things you need is a weight bench. A good workout bench enhances your strength training workout. But if you have no idea on the weight bench you should get, we got you covered. We checked for the best weight benches among the thousands available in the market.
After going through the pros and cons of each one, we came up with the five best exercises benches you can use for your strength training workout. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know about each one so that we can help you make the best choice for your home gym.
Best Weight Benches: Top 6 Picks
- Fitness Reality Super Bench
- Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench
- RitFit Adjustable/Foldable Utility Bench
- AmazonBasics Flat Weight Workout Exercise Bench
- PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench
- Flybird Adjustable Exercise Bench
Did we pique your curiosity already? Then, let us now take a look at the features of each of these workbenches:
#1: Fitness Reality Super Max Weight Bench
- Included Components: bench, manual
- Sport Type: Fitness & Yoga
Are you aiming to lift the maximum weight possible in the future? Then the Fitness Reality Super Max Weight Bench is your best option. It can support a maximum weight capacity of 800 lbs. This means you can go lift heavy weights as you develop your strength. This weight bench is ideal for different strengthening exercises.
Features of this Exercise Bench
- 800-pound weight capacity
- Wide 12-inch backrest
- Adjustable backrest
- Transportation wheels for mobility
- One-year limited warranty
Customer Reviews for the Fitness Reality Super Max Weight Bench
“Solid weight training equipment and probably the best workout bench that I’ve ever used. Affordable and easy to set up. The wheels make it easy to move around.”
“Great weight bench with a wide backrest. I have no issues using it despite my 6’3” frame. It is a stable and high-quality weight bench.”
“This is the most comfortable weight bench I used. It is comparable to the ones used in gyms. It does not move even if I am bench pressing more than 350 lbs.”
The Takeaway on the Fitness Reality Super Max Weight Bench
Looking for a stable weight bench for lifting very heavy loads? Well, maxing out your weights will be no issue with the Fitness Reality Super Max Weight Bench.
Shop Now for this Exercise Bench
Does it sound like the right home gym bench for you? It’s easy to find over on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Fitness Reality Weight Bench Review
#2: Marcy Flat Utility Weight Benches
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT – This Flat Utility Bench is a high-functioning workout equipment that lets you...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION – This bench has a durable construction providing a max weight capacity of...
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN – This bench is designed for perfect space-saving. Its heavy-duty steel frame...
- POWDER-COATED FINISH – Reinforced with powder coating, the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench resists...
- PERFECT FOR HOME USE – This versatile gym equipment lets you get all the benefits of an intense...
Would you trust a weightlifting champion for the equipment you will use? If the answer is yes, then the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench is the one you are looking for. This heavy-duty flat bench has a maximum weight capacity of 600 lbs. Wear and tear will be minimal with the powder-coated finish protecting it. It is so versatile, you can use it at the gym or in your home gym.
Key Features of the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench
- 600-pound weight capacity
- Multipurpose weight bench for full-body workouts
- Made of high-quality and durable materials
- High-density foam for full-body support
- Compact design
“It was easy to assemble. It only took me 15 to put it together after taking it out of the package. This weight bench is worth its weight. Thing, along with a hyperextension bench is basically all you need to get a great workout at home.”
“This is a great bench when space is limited. Aside from being compact and durable, it is also nice to look at. It was sturdy enough to support my 225-pound weight while doing 165-pound hip thrusters.”
“Very solid weight bench that did not wobble while I was working out. After using it for over a year, it had no weld failures nor wobbles. Also, be sure to pick up a top-quality weightlifting bar and some durable barbell collars too.”
Summary for the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench
Looking for a weight bench for your space-limited apartment? Then, the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench should be on the top of your list.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick yourself up this flat weight bench at a very reasonable price? Then you’ll want to head over to Amazon to learn more about it right here:
Compare Weight Benches
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of our top picks? Then you’ll definitely need to check out this handy chart that we put together for you:
#3: RitFit Adjustable/Foldable Utility Bench
- ADJUSTABLE AND UTILITY - The seat and back pads can be readjusted into different positions with 5...
- STEADY&SAFE - Made with a durable steel frame that guarantees solid construction with contoured foam...
- Ultimate Convenience: Foldable, easy to carry, minimal assembly requirement. Can be easily folded to...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNED BENCH - Compact yet multifunctional. The equipment is shaped in a way that allows...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Order today and get a 3-Year warranty on the frame, 30 days warranty on the...
If ergonomics and versatility are what you are looking for, then your search is over with the RitFit Adjustable/Foldable Utility Bench. It’s a multifunctional bench with soft leather padding that is comfortable to use. It has none adjustable positions ranging from the incline, decline, or flat. It is designed to enhance your strength training exercises.
Important Features for this Adjustable Weight Bench
- 510-pound maximum weight capacity
- Nine adjustable positions
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to assemble and has a durable steel frame
- 3-Year frame warranty and 30-day upholstery warranty
What do People Think About the Best Adjustable Weight Bench?
“Easy to assemble with two wrenches included. Has a solid padded cover and durable design. Overall, probably the best adjustable weight bench for home use. I also love my leg extension machine and these two things allow me to get a great workout in.”
“Durable and easy to adjust and it’s not all sticky and difficult to use as some other adjustable workout benches. Welds are clean and sturdy. Foldable leg support.”
“It is a portable and durable weight bench. Easily adjusted. Thick and comfortable cushion for the seat and back. This thing, along with my hip thrust pad are my favourites purchases as of late.”
The Takeaway on the RitFit Adjustable/Foldable Utility Bench
Are you looking for an ergonomic yet durable weight bench? You can end your search with the RitFit Adjustable/Foldable Utility Bench.
Buy it Here
This is one of the best adjustable weight benches on the market today. Click the button below to pick it up on Amazon:
Rit Fit Adjustable Fitness Bench Review
Check out this short video for more details about this adjustable weight bench:
#4: AmazonBasics Flat Exercise Bench
- Flat weight bench enhances any home gym; ideal for both beginning and advanced levels
- Accommodates a wide range of fitness routines for a full-body workout in a small amount of space
- Made of rugged high-quality materials, including a durable steel tube frame and a smooth PVC top...
- Assembles quickly and easily; weighs 24 pounds; upside-down T-shaped legs/feet for reliable...
- Measures 41 x 11 (bench surface width) / 19.7 (overall width) x 17.9 inches (LxWxH)
If you are a beginner or veteran, the AmazonBasics Flat Weight Workout Exercise Bench should be on your must-get list for your home fitness regimen. This is a durable and versatile weight bench you can use for a variety of strength training exercises. It’s easy to assemble and move around in the house.
- Durable and versatile
- PVC top surface offers optimal support and comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Compact and easy to move around
- One-year limited warranty
Online Reviews for the AmazonBasics Flat Weight Workout Exercise Bench
“This weight bench is ideal for its price. It’s everything you can look for on a flat bench.
“It’s a durable and stable weight bench offered at an affordable price. I’m sure it can handle weights above its stated maximum of 385 lbs. It was able to support my 220-pound weight without wobbling.”
“It was well-packaged and only took me 10 minutes to assemble. Durable and compact weight bench. I will definitely recommend this to anyone.”
Summary for the AmazonBasics Flat Weight Workout Exercise Bench
If you want a compact yet durable flat weight bench, then the AmazonBasics Flat Weight Workout Exercise Bench should be your main option.
Where Can I Find these Exercise Benches?
This option from Amazon Basics makes an ideal home gym weight bench. Head over to Amazon to find out more about it here:
#5: PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench
- ✅【FULLY ADJUSTABLE DESIGN】-Designed with 7 back positions to meet all your needs when doing...
- ✅【HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION】- The adjustable dumbbells bench designed with unique triangle...
- ✅【COMFORTABLE & ERGONOMIC DESIGN】- With high-density foam padding and seat secure body firmly...
- ✅【EASY ASSEMBLE】- PASYOU Weight Bench is almost full assembled, you only need to assemble the...
- ✅【NO WORRY】 - Package included installation tools.If you have any quality problem whthin one...
You will need a flat, inclined, and declined bench to perform basic muscle-building exercises. Fret not since we got you covered with the PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench. This affordable adjustable weight bench allows you to perform full-body workouts in the comfort of your home. You won’t have to worry about storage since it can be folded and stored easily under your bed. Made of high-quality materials, this weight bench is safe to use for light or heavy muscle-building exercises.
Features of One of the Best Home Weight Benches
- Seven adjustable back positions
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Ergonomic design and comfortable to use
- Foldable for easy storage
- Suitable for several muscle-building exercises
“It’s a great buy for me. It was easy to assemble right out of the package. Affordable and made of high-quality materials”
“Since our home gym was the garage, it’s perfect since it is easy to store. Durable and reasonably-priced. I can perform chest and back exercises using this weight bench.”
“It is the perfect weight bench when I needed to work out at home. It has the same quality as a professional gym. Aside from being stable and durable, it can also be easily stored.”
Should you Consider Buying the PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench?
If you are looking for an affordable yet durable weight bench for your home? You will never go wrong with the PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench.
Buy it Today
Do you want to pick up this cheap weight bench? you can often find the best prices on Amazon so click the button to head over there now:
Flybird Adjustable Exercise Bench
- ✅【620 LBS WEIGHT CAPACITY】Designed a unique frame with triangular structure and made of...
- ✅【FAST ADJUSTMENT with AUTOMATIC LOCK】Designed with 7 back positions & 3 seat positions for...
- ✅【2" SOFT FOAM PADDING】10.6" Upgraded backrest and seat made of leather and filled with soft...
- ✅【SAVE 80% SPACE】 FLYBIRD foldable bench, easy to carry & NO ASSEMBLY NEEDED, folded size: 30"...
- ✅【NO WORRY BUYING】For all FLYBIRD Bench, the measurement and capacity is actual result, NOT as...
If you’re looking for a good workout bench that is fully adjustable, then you’ll want to consider this one from Flybird. It’s durable, easy to adjust and also very reasonably priced. Keep on reading for all the details about this space-saving weight bench to help you decide if this is the right option for your home.
- Made from commercial thickness steel
- Very durable
- 620-pound capacity
- Easy to adjust quickly with the locking mechanism
- 7 back and 3 seat positions
- 2″ foam padding that won’t crack or peel
- Compact workout bench that folds for easy storage
- 1 year warranty on the frame, 30 days on the pads
“I was looking for a space-saving bench that folded up to use in my small apartment so picked up this one from Flybird. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier with it—it’s super compact but also durable and easy to use.”
“A nice, affordable weight bench that’s fully adjustable for home workouts. Exactly what I was looking for and you seriously can’t beat the price on this thing.”
Is this One of the Best Workout Benches?
There are just so many things to love about this compact, space-saving exercise bench. It’s fully adjustable, extremely durable and backed up by a decent warranty.
If you want to pick up this exercise bench for your home gym, head over to Amazon by clicking the button below:
Top 6 Factors to Consider When Buying a Weight Bench
If you are planning to build your muscles by working out at home, you would need to buy a suitable weight bench to go with the weights. The numerous options available in the market have their pros and cons. But it may still be confusing for you if you are new to the world of fitness. Don’t worry, we did the groundwork for you. We came up with a list of things to consider when buying a weight bench. Go through the list and your confusion will slowly vanish.
Building muscles require exercises that require different positions. The more adjustable positions the weight bench has, the more exercises you can perform. But you need to decide if you want to limit yourself to the basic muscle-building exercises or are you planning to perform advanced weight exercises using your weight bench.
#2: Maximum Weight Capacity
This factor will depend on your weight. If you are on the heavy side, you may want to look for a weight bench with a higher weight capacity. You should also factor in the weights you will be using. Take it into account when choosing a suitable weight bench.
#3: Portability and storage
While many weight benches are designed to be left in the home gym without having to move them around. But if your place has limited space, you may want to get one that can be easily folded and stored. You may also consider a portable model if you do not want to keep your gym area in one place of the house for the whole year.
There are weight benches that do not take into account its appearance. If you are the kind of person who values function over form, then this is the weight bench for you. But if you want one that combines function and form, you can look for weight benches that take aesthetics into account when they were designed.
#5: Customer Reviews of Weight Benches
We always recommend taking a look at the customer reviews before buying a product, particularly fitness equipment. The best place to look is at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon because they’ll usually give you the most accurate indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Last but not the least factor to consider is your budget. The prices of weight benches are varied. It can range from less than a hundred dollars to at least two hundred dollars. You should take your budget into account when you are in the market for a weight bench for your home gym.
Weight Bench FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people about weight 0r exercise benches. Here are the answers to some of the most popular ones.
What is the best weight bench?
The best weight bench depends on a number of factors but you’ll want to look for one that’s durable, is backed by at least a 1-year warranty, and is also reasonably priced. You may want to opt for the standard flat one or one of the fully adjustable exercise benches.
How much is a weight bench?
You can buy a weight bench for home use for well under $100 USD, although the fully adjustable ones may cost more. However, exercise benches for professional gyms are far more durable and can cost significantly more.
Do you really need a weight bench?
If you’re serious about lifting weights, then you’ll need to pick up a weight bench. They provide an easy and effective way to do a number of different exercises to work different muscle groups that are not possible standing up or laying down on the floor.
What can I use if I don’t have a workout bench?
If you don’t have a workout bench, it’s possible to substitute some other things, including a stability ball, step bench, bed or floor. However, consider picking up an exercise bench if you plan to do more than just very casual weightlifting.
Should I buy a flat bench or an incline bench?
A flat bench works the entire chest and allows for lifting more weight than an incline one. However, an incline bench is ideal to focus on the shoulders and chest. Perhaps the best option is to get an adjustable bench that can do target all these muscle groups.
Do you need a bench to bench press?
It’s possible to do a floor press instead of a bench press if you don’t have an exercise bench. However, you will not be able to go quite as deeply into your exercise as you may want to go because you’ll be limited by the floor.
What can I use instead of an incline bench?
There is really nothing that you can use instead of an incline bench effectively and easy. However, in a pinch, you could try some pillows or cushions on the floor propped up under your back.
How long is a workout bench?
Most workout benches are approximately 45 inches long, however, you can find ones that are slightly shorter or longer than this.
How high is a workout bench?
Most workout benches are approximately 17 inches high, although you can find ones that are either higher or lower than that.
Have your say about the Best Weight Bench
What’s your pick for the best workout bench? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness enthusiasts, like yourself, find this useful resource.
- Marston Sawyers, CrossFit Athlete and Husband of Brooke Ence - August 9, 2020
- Reebok Women’s ZQuick TR:Designed for CrossFit Workouts? - July 18, 2020
- Best Leg Extension Machine for Leg Curls at Home - July 8, 2020
Last update on 2020-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API