Do you love doing squats and lunges at the gym, but hate the discomfort you feel with a heavy barbell on your shoulders? Well, we got the best solution for this – a barbell pad. These are probably one of the most utilized equipment in the gym. Aside from providing support and comfort, they also lessen instances of bruising while using heavy barbells.
At this point, you may be already looking for a good barbell cover you can buy. But before you add the item to your cart, check out the following barbell pads we found in the market. We’ll help you decide on the right bar pads for weightlifting for your needs.
The Best Barbell Pads: Top 7 Picks
Here’s a quick glance at the best neck pads for squat bars that you might want to consider:
- Perfect Peach Athletics Barbell Pad
- Fit Viva Barbell Cover
- Elevator Fitness Barbell Pad
- Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad
- BEAR Strength & Conditioning Squat Pad
- Iron Bull Squat Pad
- Dark Iron Fitness Extra-Thick Barbell Neck Pad
Now, let’s check out what you will get from each hip thrust pad.
#1: Perfect Peach Athletics Barbell Pad
- 🍑SAVE MONEY WITH THIS BUNDLE PACK - Each pack comes with ONE Kickback Ankle Strap and ONE Barbell...
- 🍑TRAIN IN STYLE - With our cute squat pad and leg straps for cable machine attachment, you'll...
- 🍑 SCULPT AND TONE WITH ULTIMATE COMFORT - Our barbell neck pad is constructed using soft, thick,...
- 🍑 HAVE THE LEAN BEACH BODY YOU’VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF - Leg day will never be the same. Make this...
- 🍑LIFETIME MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We are confident you'll LOVE our products! If for any reason you...
Are you looking for a good-quality barbell that blends style with function? Well, the Perfect Peach Athletics Barbell Pad is probably what you are looking for. Aside from providing the comfort you need while working out, it also makes you look good in the gym. Moreover, each pack contains a barbell cover and an ankle strap. So, you get to safely work out while saving money.
Features of this Bar Pad for Squats
- Soft, thick protective foam
- Stylish design
- Increase gym results without the discomfort
- Extra padded ankle cuff for cable machines
- Lifetime warranty
Customer Reviews for the Perfect Peach Pad Barbell Pad
“This barbell pad is better than the ones I used at the gym. I’m very pleased with the Perfect Peach Barbell Pad. While it may be thinner than what I used at the gym, they perform way much better.”
“I love this pad since it’s perfect for my thrusts. Even though I lift pretty heavy weights, the pad still works great. I also use it for squats and other exercises. This thing, along with my barbell clamps are my favourite tools of the trade.”
“Aside from being cute, it also protects my neck. This hip thrust pad is comfortable to use as well. The size is also perfect for me. This thing, along with my Roman Chair are my ultimate workout tools.”
The Takeaway on Perfect Peach Athletics Barbell Pad
Looking for a barbell cover that effectively combines function and style? Well, you can stop looking with the Perfect Peach Athletics Barbell cushion. It’s a nice piece of fitness gear that comes at a nice price point and it also has near perfect user reviews. These things clearly make it a winner and it’s why we’ve put it at the top of our list.
Shop Now for this Squat Bar Pad
Does it sound like the barbell cushion for your workout needs? You can easily pick one up for yourself over on Amazon. Head over there now and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Fit Viva Barbell Pad
- WHILE OTHER BARBELL PADS are too thick, too slippery, or simply just start splitting after a few...
- FEEL SAFE TO CHALLENGE YOUR LIMITS - Fit Viva Foam Squat Pad remains securely fastened during lifts,...
- Whether your goals are strength, health and fitness or just purely aesthetic, let us help you...
- ENJOY THE QUALITY - Work out longer and increase the weights with this versatile 17"x3.5" extra...
- We are real people who use our own products every day. We expect the best for our health and want...
Do you value ergonomics aside from protection for your shoulders and neck? If this is the case, you may want to check out the Fit Viva Barbell Cover. Its ergonomic design allows you to increase the intensity of your workouts. Moreover, each purchase comes with two professionally-designed workout plans you can try to help you improve your body.
Key Features of the Fit Viva Barbell Pad
- 1.3-inch protective layer with a non-slip surface
- Two Velcro straps for better safety
- Quick-slip design for easy fit and removal
- Suitable for standard and Olympic barbells
- Comes with two challenges designed by professional trainers
“This appears to be a high-quality barbell pad suitable for workouts. Its cushion is dense and can be adjusted for bars of different sizes. The company also sent an email to make sure I’m happy with their product.”
“I’m impressed with the quality and overall thickness of this barbell cushion. It provides exceptional comfort and its non-slip straps offer a nice custom fit. This product is way beyond what I expected and I also love the weight bench from the same company.”
“Aside from being nice-looking, this barbell pad is also very comfortable to use. They are padded well and more comfortable than the ones at my gym. I’m really pleased with this pad and will recommend it to anyone looking for one.”
Summary for the Fit Viva Barbell Pad
In the market for an ergonomically-designed barbell neck pad? Then you should have the Fit Viva Squat Neck Pad on the top of your list. Combine that with the super reasonable price and you certainly have a nice piece of fitness equipment that should last you for years.
Get Your Barbell Pad for Squat Bar Today
Do you want to find out more details about this barbell squat pad? It’s certainly one of our top choices and we think you’ll be as happy with yours as we are with ours. Click below to check it out on Amazon:
Compare Barbell Pads
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison for the best pads for lifting? Then you’ll want to check out this handy comparison chart that we put together for you right here:
#3: Elevator Fitness Barbell Pad
- 17.5" x 3.5" squat pad, fits all Olympic sized barbells
- Safely Perform Squats, Lunges, Hip Thrusts and more
- Ergonomically designed neck groove helps to provide comfort and promote good form
- High quality rubberized memory foam sponge pad
- Provides relief to neck and shoulders while training
High-quality does not always equate to a high price. The Elevator Fitness Barbell Squat Pad is a good example of this with its premium quality design and reasonable price. Designed for Olympic size barbells, this cushion offers suitable protection for your neck and shoulders while training.
- Designed for all sizes of Olympic barbells
- Rubberized memory foam pad
- Ensures safety while performing lunges, hip thrusts, and squats
- Provides suitable protection for your neck and shoulders
- Ergonomic design provides promotes provides comfort during training
What do People Think About this Barbell Squat Pad?
“This squat neck pad is a great addition to my home gym equipment. It protects my hip bones while performing hip thrusts. I would recommend this for anyone who has a home gym.”
“This is probably the best gym equipment I bought online. Its cushion provides suitable protection for me and it doesn’t slip off. In fact, many people at the gym want to borrow it when I’m done with my exercises.”
“It works great for barbell hip thrusts. I have no issues with it even though I’ve been using it for some time already. Its reasonable price also makes it easy for me to buy easily a replacement if this one rips.”
The Takeaway on the Elevator Fitness Barbell Pad
If you are looking for a good quality barbell pad without breaking the bank, then you should seriously consider the Elevator Fitness Squat Pad.
Combine that with the top reviews for this bar pad for squats and it’s a serious winner in our books. Try it out for yourself and we think you’ll be just as happy as we are.
Where Can I Buy One?
This is one of the best barbell neck pads available today. We recommend buying it on Amazon because you’ll be able to find the best prices. Head over there now:
#4: Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad
- 🏋🏻[Black Barbell Pad Set]:17.3x3.5 inch bear barbell pad for weight bar with safety...
- 🏋🏻[ Barbell Squat Pad Set Advantage]:Barbell padding for hip thrusts bring your weight...
- 🏋🏻[Olympic Barbell Pad For Squats Quality]:With our ergonomic, high-density, and...
- 🏋🏻[Great For Tons of Exercises]:Barbell neck pad is constructed using soft, thick, and...
- 🏋🏻[Risk-Free Shopping]:If you have any dissatisfaction with our Padded Barbell 100%...
Why settle for one when you can have seven? You can get seven gym equipment in one pack with the Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad. Aside from the barbell pad, you also get two gym ankle straps, two squat pad safety straps, a hip exercise band, and a carry bag. These pieces of gym equipment allow you to work out efficiently and effectively.
Key Features of this Barbell Pad for Weightlifting
- Seven-piece gym equipment set
- Comes with an Olympic bar pad, ankle straps, squat pad safety straps, hip exercise band, and carry bag
- Ergonomic, anti-slip design promotes proper training forms
- Offers suitable protection while working out
- 100 percent refund guarantee
Online Reviews for the Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad
“This squat pad for bar set is better than what we have at the gym. It is also comfortable to use and is well made. This is probably one of my best purchases so far.”
“This set is perfect and is just what I needed. The band doesn’t slip and offers medium to heavy resistance. Everything in the set is really awesome to use.”
“I absolutely love this barbell cushion set. While I was initially anxious about its quality due to the low price, I was pleasantly surprised about their durability. I’m very excited to continue using the different equipment in this set.”
Summary for the Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad
If you’re looking for a reasonably-priced gym equipment set, then you should end your search with the Gymletics Seven-Pack Barbell Squat Pad. It’s comfortable to use, has a ton of extras and it ideal for a wide range of exercises.
Shop Now for Barbell Cushions
These bar pads for weightlifting are top-quality and will certainly get the job done for years to come. You can easily find them on Amazon. Check there now for the best prices on this item and all other sorts of athletic gear:
#5: BEAR Strength & Conditioning Squat Pad
- Barbell neck pad is for every gender and femininity feature of this product makes it unique. Our...
- Ergonomic design relieves pain and pressure on your neck, shoulders or hips during exercises like...
- Thick, high density, non-slip rubber-foam squat sponge absorbs impact and reduces pains! Easily...
- Quickly install or remove the Barbell pad in the blink of an eye, but remains securely fastened...
- squat barbell pad helps in weight distribution across the body, relieve pain that occurred in neck...
Are you concerned about the portability of the barbell pads in the market? Fret not, since the BEAR Strength & Conditioning Squat Pad is both portable and suitably-sized for travel. Despite its lightweight design, it provides suitable protection whenever you work out at the gym.
- Designed to reduce discomfort while working out
- High-density, non-slip foam that absorbs impact and reduces pain
- Ergonomic design to relieve pressure from on your shoulders, neck, and hips
- Quick installation and removal
- Suitable for all Olympic-sized barbells
“I love this barbell squat pad and I wish I bought it when I started working out. While I started with a thinner pad, I bought this one after I increased my weight. And I’m extremely happy with this barbell pad.”
“This Olympic bar pad is great for glute bridge workouts. The thick padding definitely prevents pain when you perform squats. This is a good quality option at a reasonable price.”
“While I’ve used this pad a few times only, it provides great support during my workout. It makes it easier for me to train. Even though I’m squatting 185 pounds, I barely feel the barbell when I use this pad.”
Should you Consider Buying the BEAR Strength & Conditioning Squat Pad?
If want to bring a barbell pad along while traveling around, the size and portability of the BEAR Strength & Conditioning Squat Pad is your best option for a squat pad.
Where Can I Find One?
This neck pad for squat bar can easily be found online. Check availability on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#6: Iron Bull Squat Pad
- ✅ ERGONOMIC BARBELL PAD: Our squat pad has been designed for even weight distribution across...
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY: Made from high-quality, high-density, thick foam rubber for increased...
- ✅ NO STRAPS NEEDED: Our bar pad features our Quick-Slip design for easy and fast installation...
- ✅ ANTI-SLIP SURFACE: Our anti-slip matte finish to reduce risk of slippage and increase grip on...
- ✅ NO PAIN, MORE GAIN: Relieve painful pressure on your neck and vertebrae while you squat...
Iron Bull is one of the best names in the business when it comes to weightlifting and this popular barbell pad is certainly no exception. It has all the features you’d expect in a reasonably priced, nice-looking product. Keep on reading to find out why you might want to consider it.
- Comes in a range of colors
- Allows for even weight distribution across the shoulders when lifting
- Focus on form without pain
- Made from high density foam
- Easy and fast installation without any straps
- Anti-slip surface that’s also easy to clean
- 16 inches long
- 3.5 inches wide
“Seriously love this squat pad and would give it 6 stars if I could. It doesn’t slide around like some of the other ones and is soft enough to be comfortable but firm enough to not compress when you’re in the middle of an exercise.”
“The Iron Bull barbell pad is just plain awesome and I never go to the gym without it. I’ve been using it for more than a year now and am still super happy with it. It still looks brand new actually and I’ve never had an issue with it. It’s inspired me to check out some other gear from this Iron Bull and it’s all equally good.”
Do you want to pick up one of the best barbell pads available today? Then click below to get this one from Iron Bull, a top pick. We’re confident that you’ll be as happy with yours as we are with ours:
#7: Dark Iron Fitness Extra Thick Barbell Neck Pad
- Comfort: Designed to fit a Smith machine bar and 2" Olympic size bars, this squat bar pad helps...
- Durable: Our hip thrust pad features 3/4" dense foam for support that stays in shape and doesn't...
- Easy to Clean: Each barbell pad for hip thrust, lunge, and squat exercises is made with a synthetic...
- Designs: Choose from one of several custom barbell squat pad styles for a refreshing twist on the...
- Customer Satisfaction: If you have any questions or concerns about your barbell cushion, our team...
Here at Best CrossFit Shoes, we love to recommend products from Dark Iron Fitness. They have a smart, thoughtful design, are extremely durable and best of all, are quite reasonably priced. Keep reading to find out if this barbell pad Amazon is the right option for your next workout.
- 17″ long
- Extra thick padding
- Fits 2 inch bars and Smith machine bars perfectly
- 3/4″ foam won’t flatten or compress
- Various motivational slogans to choose from
- Doesn’t absorb moisture and can be easily wiped away
- Lifetime guarantee
“I already have the lifting belt from Dark Iron Fitness and love it so I thought I’d give this product a try too. I’m just as happy with it and really can’t say enough good things about it. In particular, I love how thick and long it is.”
“So awesome for squats and hip thrusts and just makes the whole experience way more comfortable! As far as barbell pads go, this is one of the best that I’ve used and I love how thick and firm it is.”
If you want to pick up this barbell pad on Amazon, head over there right now by clicking the button below to find out all the details you need to know:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Barbell Pad
A barbell pad offers numerous benefits while working out. But you should consider some factors before adding the item to your cart. Since you may have no idea what you should look for in a good squat pad for bar, we took it upon ourselves to list down the things you should check before buying this gym equipment. Read on so you will have an idea about these factors.
The first thing you should check is the material used on the barbell pad. The best ones are made of materials that are durable and do not crack easily. Moreover, you should also check if it is sweat-proof. Sweat-proof material lasts longer since sweat can break down materials over time. You may have to consider ones made of high-density foam with a leather or nylon covering.
The length of the barbell pad should be suitable for your frame. Most of them are between 16 and 18 inches long. If you have a large frame, you may want to get the longer pad so it will suitably protect your shoulders, back, and neck. Otherwise, a 17-inch one may be your best choice.
#3: Thickness of Barbell Cushions
Another factor you should consider is the thickness of the barbell pad. You should look for one that is not too thick nor too thin. A thick one will be too bulky for squats and result in a poor form when you perform the exercise. Then again, a thin one will not provide suitable protection for you. Due to this, you should get one that is right in the middle.
#4: Ergonomic Design
While the design of the barbell pad is determined by preference, you may want to consider one that is ergonomically-designed. An ergonomically-designed option provides better comfort than a run-of-the-mill pad. Moreover, it also provides better protection than an ordinary pad allowing you to efficiently and safely work out.
Some of them are designed to be more resilient than others. In other words, they go back to their original shape after you use them. You should pay attention to the reviews so you will have an idea if the pad you are eyeing does not deform after a couple of uses. Make sure you buy one that easily returns to its original shape after working out.
#6: Price of Barbell Squat Pads
Of course price is a major consideration for anything that you might want to buy. However, in the case of barbell pads, there isn’t a huge range in terms of price and the most expensive ones are usually only a few bucks more than the cheaper ones. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the features and customer reviews to find the one that’s the best for your needs.
#7: Customer Reviews
Before dropping some cold, hard cash on anything, it’s smart to check and see what actual users are saying about something. In the case of a barbell neck pad, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon to find out the product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Have your Say about the Best Barbell Pad
What’s your top pick for the best squat pad for bar? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2022-11-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API