Are you keen on setting up a home gym but do not have space for a lot of equipment at home? In this case, you may want to consider getting a cable machine.
A cable machine or a cable crossover machine is a versatile piece of gym equipment. It allows you to perform different training exercises and uses constant tension for you to effectively build your muscles. Moreover, it also allows you to develop and strengthen the hard-to-train areas of your body.
Best Cable Machines
Did we pique your interest already? Well, continue reading so you will know five of the best cable machines we found in the market for you.
- Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks
- FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
- Body-Solid Functional Trainer and Cable Machine
- Bowflex Home Gym Series
- Body-Solid Selectorized Home Gym
Now, let’s take a look at what each machine has to offer.
#1: Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks
- Pulleys swivel 180-degrees allowing accurate resistance throughout any exercise movement
- Pulleys adjust to 12 different horizontal positions ensuring a proper starting point for almost any...
- Features (2) 160-pound standard weight stacks and 9.5 feet of cable extension
- Premium commercial components ensure dependability and reliability for heavy use
- Measures 91 by 35 by 156 inches (L x W x H)
With its 12 horizontal pulley positions, the Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks can provide you a lot of flexibility on the exercises you want to perform at home. The pulleys also allow accurate resistance since they swivel up to 180 degrees.
Made of premium commercial components, this cable crossover machine is durable and designed for heavy-duty use.
Features of this Cable Machine
- Accurate resistance
- 12 horizontal pulley positions
- Two 160-pound weight stacks
- Premium commercial components
- In-home lifetime warranty
Customer Reviews for the Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks
“We’re glad we bought this machine. It definitely has a place in our house and it’s similar in quality to the cable pulley machines that I’ve used at the gym before.”
“It works the way it’s supposed to. It’s what was described on the website and it’s also very reasonably priced. A great purchase and I couldn’t be happier with it.’
“It allowed us to exercise at home since the one at the gym was always being used. We have no problems with it.”
The Takeaway on the Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks
If you’re looking for a durable and dependable cable crossover machine, then the Body-Solid Cable Crossover Stacks is the one for you. Combine that with the great price and that’s why it takes the top spot on our list of the best pulley weight machines.
Shop Now for this Pulley Exercise Machine
Pick up this cable weight machine, one of our top options for home or garage gyms. Head over to Amazon to find out more details about it and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Cable Weight Systems
If you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of our favourite options, then you’ll want to take a close look at this handy comparison chart we put together for you:
#2: FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
- STATE-OF-THE-ART STRENGTH TRAINING EQUIPMENT- Step up your fitness routine with the FreeMotion EXT...
- VERSATILE AND DURABLE DESIGN - Its durable and versatile features can withstand frequent heavy use...
- ENDLESS VARIETY OF STANDING STRENGTH EXERCISES - Perform a variety of standing strength exercises to...
- FREEMOTION SYSTEM FOR A MORE CUSTOM WORKOUT - The FreeMotion system permits a diverse range of...
- DAZADI MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and WARRANTY - Your item will arrive with all the necessary parts,...
Looking for state-of-the-art training equipment for your home gym? Then, you should seriously consider getting the FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover. It features a pair of adjustable arms that allow you to change the height of resistance for your workouts.
Durable and versatile, you can rest easy knowing that it can withstand being used continuously. You can work on different muscles through a variety of strength exercises. Moreover, its Velcro-padded ankle cuffs make it safe and comfortable for you to use the machine.
Key Features of the FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
- Innovative dual-arm design
- Durable and versatile
- Numerous standing strength exercises
- Allows comprehensive workout routines
- Lifetime warranty for the frame and 10-year parts warranty
User Reviews for this Cable Weight Machine
“This is a great cable machine that is durable and made of quality materials. It is also a versatile weight training machine.”
“It is good for my rehab workouts. The weights can be easily adjusted from three pounds to 70 pounds. I used it to perform core stabilization exercises through functional movements.”
“This is a very well-made cable machine. I’ve been using it for over a year and I love it. It allows me to perform all the workouts I used to do in the gym.”
Summary for the FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
If you’re looking for an innovative cable crossover machine, you should end your search with the FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover. It’s durable, has a nice budget price and will help you achieve your fitness goals in a big way.
Get Yours Today
This is one of the best cable machines for home use and it certainly has a place at the top of any list like this one. Click below to head over to Amazon to check for the lowest prices on fitness equipment:
#3: Body-Solid Functional Trainer and Cable Machine
- FUNCTIONAL TRAINING: Utilize this Body-Solid Best Fitness Functional Training machine to improve...
- ADJUSTABLE: Features adjustable pulleys which swivel 180 degrees for a wide variety of workout...
- WEIGHT STACK: Includes a single 190 lb weight stack, with a no cable design. Two adjustable nylon...
- DIMENSIONS: This equipment measures 55 by 61 by 84 ( L x W x H), and weighs 309 lbs
- WARRANTY: Body-Solid offers a 3-Year Warranty on Frame and 1-Year on all parts
Versatile and compact are two words that come to mind when you talk about the Body-Solid Functional Trainer and Cable Machine. It has a small footprint that makes it ideal for home gyms with limited space.
Featuring adjustable pulleys, a 190-pound weight stack, and a cable designed to allow you to quickly move from one exercise to another, it is one mean cable machine you want to have at home.
- Adjustable pulleys
- 190-pound weight stack
- Comes with two nylon cable handles
- Quickly change from one exercise to another
- Three-year frame warranty and one-year parts warranty
What do People Think About this Cable Weight Machine?
“I have been using this machine for a year and I love it and use it for 20 different exercises every week. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cable machine.”
“This is a very good machine that is made of high-quality materials. I love the way it allows me to easily move from one exercise to another. This is ideal for an average-size guy who wants to include cables in the routine.”
“I like its overall quality and appearance. I was completely satisfied with the triceps movements it allowed me to perform. I’m very happy with this purchase.”
The Takeaway on the Body-Solid Functional Trainer and Cable Machine
If you’re in the lookout for a compact and versatile cable machine, then the Body-Solid Functional Trainer and Cable Machine is what you’re looking for. If you take a look at the reviews, people seem to love this thing and use it for a ton of different exercises.
Where Can I Buy a Cable Pulley Machine?
The best place to find pulley weight machines is on Amazon. Have a look at the information and reviews for this one to help you decide if it’s right for you:
#4: Bowflex Home Gym Series
- 60 plus exercises for a fully body workout
- 210 pounds of Power Rod resistance, upgradable to 310 pounds or 410 pounds
- Bowflex provides 7 free trainer built workout regimens
- Sliding seat rail allows you to perform aerobic rowing and leg presses
- Multiple cable or pulley positions enable custom workouts
Are you interested in getting a cable machine that allows you to perform at least 60 exercises? In this case, you should settle for nothing less than the Bowflex Home Gym Series. It allows you to perform at least 60 exercises to give you all the training you need in one machine.
It also offers 210 pounds of resistance that can be upgraded up to 410 pounds. Moreover, each purchase also gives you seven free trainer-created exercise regimens.
Key Features of this Pulley Cable Machine
- Over 60 exercises in one machine
- 210 pounds of resistance
- Comes with seven trainer-built exercise regimens
- Multiple cable and pulley positions
- Comes with a lat and a squat bar
Online Reviews for the Bowflex Home Gym Series
“The machine allows me to perform numerous exercises. It is made of high-quality material and is built like a tank. It integrated several workout routines I used to perform in the gym.”
“I love this cable machine. It gives me the chance to exercise even when I’m at home. The machine allows me to work on my upper body as well as my legs.”
“This is a great cable crossover machine. It is also fun to use and gives me a good aerobic exercise. It also comes with a booklet showing several exercises I can try at home.”
Summary for the Bowflex Home Gym Series
In the market for a cable machine that gives you a full-body workout? Then, you should get the Bowflex Home Gym Series. It’s a top-quality product and although it costs a bit more than some of the other options on this list, you’re getting a super versatile machine that can be used for so many different exercises. Plus, it takes up a small space.
Shop Now for the Best Cable Machine
Bowflex is certainly a name you can trust in the home fitness world and this machine is no exception. We love the innovative design that doesn’t require heavy weight plates. Find out more about it on Amazon:
#5: Body-Solid Selectorized Home Gym
- Available for the 1st time online, the G1S is the redesigned and updated new entry to the Body Solid...
- Easy to use, space saving, no-cable-change design
- Floor Space Dimensions: 49”L x 36”W x 83”H. Live Working Area: 73”L x 47”W x 84”H
- Includes lat bar, straight bar, ankle strap, ab / triceps strap, Total Body Workout DVD, and...
- Body Solid Exclusive IN HOME ONLY Lifetime Warranty on Pads, Pulleys, Cables, Frames…You Name it....
Are you looking for an easy-to-use and space-saving cable crossover machine? If yes, then you should consider giving the Body-Solid Selectorized Home Gym a second look. It is an updated version of its previous bestseller of the company and features a lot of enhancements from its previous design.
Durable and versatile, the machine allows you to work on your power and strength in the comfort of your home. It is also made of high-quality materials that ensure your safety while using it. Moreover, it also comes with a 160-pound vinyl-coated weight stack.
Features of this Cable Machine
- Easy-to-use and space-saving design
- Durable and versatile
- Thick padded seat
- Suitable back support
- Nylon cables and ball-bearing weight pulley system
Customer Reviews for this Cable Machine for Home Gyms
“This is a solid and functional cable machine. While it may take some time, assembling this machine is pretty much straightforward. Its 160-pound weight may be suitable for smaller guys like me.”
“It is a good home cable machine that gave me a good workout. The machine is also quite durable. I’m happy I bought it for my home gym.”
“This is a great product that is quite well made. Assembly instructions were quite detailed and accurate. You will not regret buying this cable machine.”
Should you Consider Buying the Body-Solid Selectorized Home Gym?
If you’re looking for a compact and easy to use a cable machine, then the Body-Solid Selectorized Home Gym is the one you should look for.
Where Can I Find this Cable Pully Machine?
It’s easy to find this home gym cable machine on Amazon. Check here for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for fast and free shipping with a Prime membership:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Cable Machine
Similar to other gym equipment, choosing the best cable machine for your home will be easier if you know what to look for. In this situation, you should take into account several factors before you buy one for your home.
Lucky for you we came up with seven of these factors so it’ll be easy for you to get one most suitable for your needs. Check out these factors below:
Durability is one important factor since you should make sure the cable machine is sturdy enough to withstand constant use. You wouldn’t want it to fall apart after using it for a couple of weeks.
You should make sure the frame is made of high-quality materials while the cables are strong enough to handle the weight it carries.
#2: Easy To Use
An easy-to-use cable machine allows you to perform dozens of exercises several times a week. It also inspires you to use it often and allows you to have more efficient workouts. Moreover, you will be more comfortable using a machine that is easy for you to use.
The cable machine should also give you the value you’re looking for a home gym equipment. It should be practical and worth every penny you spent on it. To ensure it’s worth the purchase, it should be made of high-quality materials and allow you to perform several exercises you normally perform in the gym.
#4: Features of Cable Machines
You should also check the features offered by the cable machine before you buy it. Aside from its quality, you should look for a padded seat, durable cables, and workout manuals, among others.
The size of the cable machine is also important especially if space is limited in your home gym. A compact yet functional machine is what you should look for.
Since these machines normally need overhead clearance when you install them, make sure to check the space available in your home gym before you finalize your purchase.
#6: Customer Reviews for Cable Home Gyms
As with anything that you might consider buying, it’s always prudent to check and see what people are saying about the product first. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star at home cable machine reviews on Amazon to get a good indication of what a product’s true strengths and weaknesses are.
#7: Price of Home Gym Cable Systems
The price of weight pulley systems can vary significantly from a couple of hundred dollars to more than a thousand. Generally, what you’re paying extra for is a machine that can do way more exercises and is actually a complete, at-home workout unit.
Whether you opt for one of the cheaper machines that do just pulley weight exercises, or whether you go for the more expensive one really depends on your needs.
Have your Say about Pulley Workout Machines
What’s your top pick for a cable machine gym? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home workout enthusiasts, like yourself, find this useful resource.
- Best Cable Machine and Pulley Weight Machines for Home/Garage Gyms - July 9, 2020
- Best Bumper Plates for Home Gyms - July 8, 2020
- CrossFit Gym Etiquette Guide | CrossFit Box Rules - July 7, 2020
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API