If you’re looking for a gym climbing rope for your home CrossFit Gym or business, then you’re certainly in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on the best gym climbing rope for your needs. Keep on reading to find out the top picks.
Or, here’s a sneak peak:
- Power Guidance Climbing Rope
- Valor Fitness Sisal Gym Climbing Rope
- RopeFit Manila Gym Climbing Rope
- Crown Sporting Goods Poly Dac Gym Climbing Rope
- Branton Fitness Climbing Rope
#1: Power Guide Climbing Rope
- No Mounting Bracket Needed - Spliced knotted loop for easy knotting to any sturdy anchor point.
- Heat Shrink End Caps - The end of our climbing ropes are all heat shrinked to prevent fraying.
- Multiple Length Options - POWER GUIDANCE climbing rope are available in 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 25, 30,...
- Keep The Ropes Dry - Generally, these ropes are used indoors, if the weather is good, you can also...
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - We fully stand behind our products. If you don't 100% love our products,...
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced, durable climbing rope that’s easy on the hands, then you’ll want to consider this one from Power Guide. It has some excellent customer ratings and a ton of 5-star reviews. Read more to find out why people like it so much.
- 1.5″ in diameter
- No mounting bracket required (looped at one end)
- Various sizes from 8-50 feet
- Heat shrink end caps for increased durability
- For indoor use only
- Braided hemp material
- Can support up to 800 pounds
“Really nice texture that’s easy on the hands and doesn’t have any little bits coming off of it like some of the other ropes I’ve tried. Plus, it was super easy to hang it off my pull-up bar in seconds. Overall, a nice addition to any home gym, and it seems like it’s durable enough that a gym or CrossFit box could use this one as well.”
“Super easy to put up and take down. However, there are little fibers that come off for the first while when using this thing. Not a huge deal, but a little bit annoying. That said, it’s far easier on the hands than some of the nylon ones I’ve used so I’ll put up with it!
Does it sound like the right CrossFit Climbing rope for you? Click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon and don’t forget to check and see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Valor Fitness Sisal Gym Climbing Rope
- HEAVY DUTY- Heavy Duty, 25-foot long Sisal Rope with 1. 5 in. diameter made for strength and...
- QUALITY MATERIAL- Quality rope with deep divots to provide an easier, more comfortable grip. Knots...
- EASILY MOUNTED- Rope is spliced creating a loop at the end and held together with heated shrunk...
- BUILDS STRENGTH- Builds upper body strength, burns fat, builds muscle, improves grip, and increases...
- ADDITIONAL- Store dry. Warning: Rope climbing is dangerous. Valor Fitness does not recommend...
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced rope that’s one of the best CrossFit climbing ropes, then you’ll want to consider this one from Valor Fitness. Besides the great price, it has some top user reviews because it’s easy to install and take down. Plus, it’s a nice length and easy on the hands. Find out more about it here.
- Made from Sisal, a material that’s easy on the hands
- 25 feet in length
- 1.5 inch diameter
- Can support up to 300 pounds
- Spliced loop at the end for easy mounting
- Heat shrunk vinyl sleeves at the end to prevent fraying
- Must keep dry
“Super easy to hang because of the spliced loop at the end and you can basically do it in seconds. Easy to grip and 25 feet is a nice length. Not too much to deal with and easy to find locations to put it. Just make sure to not get it wet or you can easily ruin the rope.”
“Really great value for a nice rope. It feels nice on the hands and doesn’t tear them up like some other ropes I’ve used at the gym. It’s pliable, but also heavy and sturdy enough.”
Where to Find It?
Does it sound like the right rope climb rope for your needs? It’s a top-quality, durable rope that’s ideal for any gym. Check it out for yourself over on Amazon to find the best prices:
#3: RopeFit Manila Rope Climb Rope
- Hand spliced knotted loop for easy knotting to any sturdy anchor point. NO MOUNTING BRACKET NEEDED...
- Premium quality 1.5" manila rope
- Numerous lengths and custom lengths available
- Hand made by certified riggers in the USA
- Heat shrink end caps to prevent fraying
Manila ropes are strong and durable and make a really nice choice for indoor home gyms or CrossFit boxes in dry environments. They are also very easy on the hands and won’t tear them up like nylon style ropes will.
Just about the only negative is that this rope isn’t ideal for humid environments or for outside use because moisture can cause it to rot and wear out pretty quickly. However, if this isn’t an issue for you, then this RopeFit rope should be one of your top picks.
- 1.5 inches in diameter
- Breaking strength of 16,000 pounds
- Handmade in the USA
- Spliced loop for easy hanging without a bracket or hook
- Various lengths from 15 feet to 50 feet
- Custom lengths available upon request (contact the company)
- Heat shrink end caps
- Not designed for outdoor use
- Made from Manila, a natural fiber that’s strong and durable. But, be sure to keep it dry.
What do People Think about It?
“High quality rope that comes in a variety of lengths. Just a small complaint is that it sheds quite a bit when you first start using it. Hoping that it subsides with time, but it’s worth it because it’s just so much nicer on the hands than those synthetic ones.”
“Got this to train for Spartan races and it certainly has worked out well for that. My advice as far as where to use it is to check out the local playground. You should be able to easily find a suitable option, but choose the right day because Manila should absolutely not get wet.”
Get yours Today
Do you want to find out more about one of the most popular CrossFit ropes? Click the button to check for the best prices on Amazon:
#4: Crown Sporting Goods Poly Dac Fitness Climbing Rope
- 1.5" white polyester climbing Ropes by Crown Sporting Goods
- Made from durable braided polyester dacron for a firm grip that's soft on hands
- Includes a heavy-duty metal eyehook for easy attachment nearly anywhere
- Great building upper body strength, improving grip, burning fat, and increasing endurance
- Find your perfect length: available in 10 sizes ranging from 3-30 feet for a variety of uses
If you’re looking for a very durable rope that’ll last a lifetime, then consider this one from Crown Sporting Goods that’s made from Polyester Dacron. Although it does require some break in, after that it’s soft and easy on the hands and will allow for good grip on the rope.
Besides that, it has a metal hook on the end instead of an eyelet like the other options on this list. If you have a mounting bracket or hook from the ceiling for example, it can make a great choice.
- 1.5 inch diameter
- Various sizes from 3 feet to 30 feet
- Polyester dacron material that’s soft on the hands but won’t fray or unravel
- Includes a heavy-duty metal eyebook
“Beefy, sturdy rope that’s obviously very well made. Just about the only issue I’ve had with it is that it’s pretty slippery at the beginning. It does break in though with time, so don’t give up on it.”
“Nice inexpensive rope and it’s obvious that the metal hook at the end is stuck on there solidly and won’t break off. Happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it for training at home for rope climbing.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to find out more about one of the most popular gym climbing ropes? Then click the button below to head over to Amazon, and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: Branton Fitness Climbing Rope
- GREAT FOR INDOORS & OUTDOORS ... whether you like climbing in the sunshine or inside with the A/C,...
- EASY TO INSTALL ... Branton's exercise rope can be installed 2 ways: anchor it to a mounting...
- SAFE, STURDY, QUALITY MATERIALS ... comes with 2 protective covers to prevent the rope loop from...
- PERFECT FOR FITNESS JUNKIE ... our battle ropes are great whether you're looking to build upper...
- USE AT HOME OR THE GYM ... Branton's gym climbing rope doesn't have to be kept at home. If your gym...
If you’re looking for one of the best workout climbing ropes, then this one from Branton Fitness should be at the top of your list. First of all, we love the money-back guarantee. Besides that, the two installation options (mounting bracket/loop) make it ideal for a range of situations, from a garage gym to a CrossFit box.
There’s not a whole lot not to love about this CrossFit training rope so keep on reading to find out more about why we like it so much.
- 25 feet
- Comes with an anchor carabiner, anchor covers and liquid chalk
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
- Easy to install by anchoring it to a mounting bracket, or by using the spliced knotted loop
- 1.5 inches thick
- 100% money-back guarantee
“Nice product and probably the best that I’ve seen on the market. Love the two set-up options which is a nice feature to have and it’s one of the only ropes with this. Durable enough for outdoor use as well.”
“Sturdy and thick enough for climbing. The material allows you to get a nice grip on the rope without too much fatigue. Probably the best workout rope on the market in my opinion!”
Do you want to find out more about this gym climbing rope? Learn more about it on Amazon:
The Takeaway on the Best Gym Climbing Ropes
If you’re looking for an exercise climbing rope, you have a number of top options to consider. They vary in the following ways:
- Length (from 6-50 feet)
- Materials (see below for more information)
- Diameter (standard is 1.5 inches)
- Installation (hook or loop)
- Indoor (all ropes) or outdoor (far less common) use
But, we hope that our reviews have given you the information you need to make the best choice for the gym rope that will suit your needs.
What Kind of Materials Can I Find in Climbing Ropes?
There are various types of materials used in CrossFit climbing ropes. Some of them include the following:
- Manila Fiber (strong and easy to grip, but not ideal for humid environments)
- Sisal Fiber (cheap and soft, but not as durable or strong as Manila Fiber ropes)
- Synthetic Materials (can handle rain or sun, but can be a bit slippery)
- Cotton Cloth (inexpensive and easy on the hands, but wears out quickly)
What’s the Difference Between Climbing Ropes, Conditioning Ropes, and Pulling Ropes?
Will any old rope do if you want to do some rope climbing during your CrossFit workouts? You could probably make almost anything work, with a little bit of DIY skills, but it’s not ideal. Here are the differences between these various kinds of ropes you might find in a CrossFit gym.
Climbing Ropes are designed for climbing. Of course that’s obvious, but what does that mean? They usually have an eyelet at the end so that you can easily hang them on any smooth, round surface by running the other end through the eyelet. This makes it super quick and easy to put one up in your home CrossFit gym without a ton of hassle.
Conditioning Ropes are also known as battle ropes. They are usually quite long, and are designed to be anchored into the ground at one end. They key thing with these ones is that they’re wrapped at the ends to prevent fraying.
Pulling Ropes are the longest of the bunch, and are also a little bit thinner in diameter. They also have an eyelet at one end to attach them to a pulling sled for example, but their thin diameter means that they’re not ideal for climbing.
How do I Install a CrossFit Climbing Rope?
If you’re looking to install a gym climbing rope, here are a few tips and tricks that you’ll want to know about.
Think about Location Carefully
Ideally, you’d be able to install your CrossFit climbing rope in a location tall enough to handle it. Too short, and it’s hardly worth it.
Strong and Sturdy
Whatever you use as your anchor point for the rope must be able to maintain your body weight. It should also be smooth and round if you plan on using a rope with an eyelet. However, if you have a CrossFit gym, you may want to consider using an anchor or hook of some kind to prevent wear and tear on the rope with heavy use.
Use Crash Pads
What happens if you fall? You’ll want a soft landing, instead of on the hard cement so please consider using pads or some kind.
How to Hang a Climbing Rope in a Gym
Check out this short video for all the details you need to know about safely installing a fitness exercise rope at your gym.
Where Can I Find out More about Rope Climbing During CrossFit?
If you want to find out more about this popular exercise you can find at the CrossFit Games, or during many CrossFit workouts, then you’ll want to check out the following resource:
You’ll find all sorts of tips and tricks for doing it well, along with gear recommendations. Speaking of gear, it’s not so uncommon to tear up your shins or hands during this kind of workout. In order to prevent this, you’ll want to consider one of the following options:
Have your Say about the Best Gym Climbing Rope for CrossFit
What are your thoughts about the top gym climbing ropes for use in your CrossFit gym? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Tony Calder (see all)
- Gym Climbing Rope: Top 5 Picks for CrossFit Climbing Ropes - August 28, 2019
- Reebok Men’s Yourflex Train 10 Cross-Training Shoe Review - August 24, 2019
- Pendlay Do-Win Lifting Shoes Review | Best Weightlifting Shoes - August 24, 2019
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API