If you’re looking for a gym climbing rope for your home CrossFit Gym or business, then you’re certainly in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on the best gym climbing rope for your needs. Keep on reading to find out the top picks for CrossFit climbing ropes.
Best CrossFit Climbing Ropes
Or, here’s a sneak peak at some of the best gym climbing ropes on the market today. You can find a range of lengths, materials, mounting bracket options and more:
- Power Guidance Climbing Rope
- Valor Fitness Sisal Gym Climbing Rope
- RopeFit Manila Gym Climbing Rope
- Crown Sporting Goods Poly Dac Gym Climbing Rope
- Branton Fitness Climbing Rope
- Aoneky CrossFit Climbing Rope
- GSM Sisal Exercise Climbing Rope
Or, keep on reading for our full reviews of each of these brands to find out which one is right for your garage gym or fitness centre.
#1: Power Guide Climbing Rope
- No Mounting Bracket Needed - Spliced knotted loop for easy knotting to any sturdy anchor point.
- Heat Shrink End Caps - The end of our climbing ropes are all heat shrinked to prevent fraying.
- Multiple Length Options - POWER GUIDANCE climbing rope are available in 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 25, 30,...
- Keep The Ropes Dry - Generally, these ropes are used indoors, if the weather is good, you can also...
- WHY CHOOSE US - At POWER GUIDANCE, we fully stand behind our products. If you don't 100% love our...
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced, durable climbing rope that’s easy on the hands, then you’ll want to consider this one from Power Guide. It has some excellent customer ratings and a ton of 5-star reviews. Read more to find out why people like it so much.
- 1.5″ in diameter
- No mounting bracket required (looped at one end)
- Various sizes from 8-50 feet
- Heat shrink end caps for increased durability
- For indoor use only
- Braided hemp material
- Can support up to 800 pounds
Customer Reviews for this Home Climbing Rope
“Really nice texture that’s easy on the hands and doesn’t have any little bits coming off of it like some of the other ropes I’ve tried. Plus, it was super easy to hang it off my pull-up bar in seconds. Overall, a nice addition to any home gym, and it seems like it’s durable enough that a gym or CrossFit box could use this one as well.”
“Super easy to put up and take down. However, there are little fibers that come off for the first while when using this thing. Not a huge deal, but a little bit annoying. That said, it’s far easier on the hands than some of the nylon ones I’ve used so I’ll put up with it!
Does it sound like the right CrossFit Climbing rope for you? Click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon and don’t forget to check and see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Gym Climbing Ropes
If you want to see the head-to-head comparison of our top options, then check out this handy chart below:
#2: Valor Fitness Sisal Gym Climbing Rope
- HEAVY DUTY CLIMBING ROPE- This high quality 25' long, 1. 5" thick rope is made for strength and...
- QUALITY MATERIAL- The CLR-25 fitness rope has deep pivots for a comfortable grip during your rope...
- SPLICED ROPE FOR EASY MOUNT- This durable workout rope is spliced to create a loop at the end of the...
- THE ULTIMATE CONDITIONING TOOL- Climbing rope builds upper body strength and muscle, burns fat,...
- ADDITIONAL- Store climbing rope in a dry, indoor setting. Warning: rope climbing can be dangerous -...
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced rope that’s one of the best CrossFit climbing ropes, then you’ll want to consider this one from Valor Fitness. Besides the great price, it has some top user reviews because it’s easy to install and take down. Plus, it’s a nice length and easy on the hands. Find out more about it here.
- Made from Sisal, a material that’s easy on the hands
- 25 feet in length
- 1.5 inch diameter
- Can support up to 300 pounds
- Spliced loop at the end for easy mounting
- Heat shrunk vinyl sleeves at the end to prevent fraying
- Must keep dry
User Reviews for this Exercise Climbing Rope
“Super easy to hang because of the spliced loop at the end and you can basically do it in seconds. Easy to grip and 25 feet is a nice length. Not too much to deal with and easy to find locations to put it. Just make sure to not get it wet or you can easily ruin the rope.”
“Really great value for a nice rope. It feels nice on the hands and doesn’t tear them up like some other ropes I’ve used at the gym. It’s pliable, but also heavy and sturdy enough.”
Where to Find It?
Does it sound like the right rope climb rope for your needs? It’s a top-quality, durable rope that’s ideal for any gym. Check it out for yourself over on Amazon to find the best prices:
#3: RopeFit Manila Rope Climb Rope
- Hand spliced knotted loop for easy knotting to any sturdy anchor point. NO MOUNTING BRACKET NEEDED...
- Premium quality 1.5" manila rope
- Numerous lengths and custom lengths available
- Hand made by certified riggers in the USA
- Heat shrink end caps to prevent fraying
Manila ropes are strong and durable and make a really nice choice for indoor home gyms or CrossFit boxes in dry environments. They are also very easy on the hands and won’t tear them up like nylon style ropes will.
Just about the only negative is that this rope isn’t ideal for humid environments or for outside use because moisture can cause it to rot and wear out pretty quickly. However, if this isn’t an issue for you, then this RopeFit rope should be one of your top picks.
Key Features of this Cross Fit Rope
- 1.5 inches in diameter
- Breaking strength of 16,000 pounds
- Handmade in the USA
- Spliced loop for easy hanging without a bracket or hook
- Various lengths from 15 feet to 50 feet
- Custom lengths available upon request (contact the company)
- Heat shrink end caps
- Not designed for outdoor use
- Made from Manila, a natural fiber that’s strong and durable. But, be sure to keep it dry.
What do People Think about It?
“High quality rope that comes in a variety of lengths. Just a small complaint is that it sheds quite a bit when you first start using it. Hoping that it subsides with time, but it’s worth it because it’s just so much nicer on the hands than those synthetic ones.”
“Got this to train for Spartan races and it certainly has worked out well for that. My advice as far as where to use it is to check out the local playground. You should be able to easily find a suitable option, but choose the right day because Manila should absolutely not get wet.”
Get yours Today
Do you want to find out more about one of the most popular CrossFit ropes? Click the button to check for the best prices on Amazon:
#4: Crown Sporting Goods Poly Dac Fitness Climbing Rope
- 1.5" white polyester climbing Ropes by Crown Sporting Goods
- Made from durable braided polyester dacron for a firm grip that's soft on hands
- Includes a heavy-duty metal eyehook for easy attachment nearly anywhere
- Great building upper body strength, improving grip, burning fat, and increasing endurance
- Find your perfect length: available in 10 sizes ranging from 3-30 feet for a variety of uses
If you’re looking for a very durable rope that’ll last a lifetime, then consider this one from Crown Sporting Goods that’s made from Polyester Dacron. Although it does require some break in, after that it’s soft and easy on the hands and will allow for good grip on the rope.
Besides that, it has a metal hook on the end instead of an eyelet like the other options on this list. If you have a mounting bracket or hook from the ceiling for example, it can make a great choice.
- 1.5 inch diameter
- Various sizes from 3 feet to 30 feet
- Polyester dacron material that’s soft on the hands but won’t fray or unravel
- Includes a heavy-duty metal eyebook
“Beefy, sturdy rope that’s obviously very well made. Just about the only issue I’ve had with it is that it’s pretty slippery at the beginning. It does break in though with time, so don’t give up on it. I had a climbing rope mounting bracket already installed so it was super easy to get this thing up and running.”
“Nice inexpensive rope and it’s obvious that the metal hook at the end is stuck on there solidly and won’t break off. Happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it for training at home for rope climbing.”
“Awesome fitness climbing rope that certainly gets the job done. It’s easy on the hands and doesn’t tear them up like some of the other options out there.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to find out more about one of the most popular gym climbing ropes? Then click the button below to head over to Amazon, and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: Branton Fitness Climbing Rope
- ✔ GREAT FOR INDOORS & OUTDOORS … whether you like climbing in the sunshine or inside with the...
- ✔ EASY TO INSTALL … Branton’s exercise rope can be installed 2 ways: anchor it to a mounting...
- ✔ SAFE, STURDY, QUALITY MATERIALS … comes with 2 protective covers to prevent the rope loop from...
- ✔ PERFECT GIFT FOR FITNESS JUNKIE Incl. GIFTABLE BOX … our battle ropes are a great gift for...
- ✔ USE AT HOME OR THE GYM … Branton’s gym climbing rope doesn’t have to be kept at home. If...
If you’re looking for one of the best workout climbing ropes, then this one from Branton Fitness should be at the top of your list. First of all, we love the money-back guarantee. Besides that, the two installation options (mounting bracket/loop) make it ideal for a range of situations, from a garage gym to a CrossFit box.
There’s not a whole lot not to love about this CrossFit training rope so keep on reading to find out more about why we like it so much.
- 25 feet
- Comes with an anchor carabiner, anchor covers and liquid chalk
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
- Easy to install by anchoring it to a mounting bracket, or by using the spliced knotted loop
- 1.5 inches thick
- 100% money-back guarantee
“Nice product and probably the best that I’ve seen on the market. Love the two set-up options which is a nice feature to have and it’s one of the only ropes with this. Durable enough for outdoor use as well.”
“Sturdy and thick enough for climbing. The material allows you to get a nice grip on the rope without too much fatigue. Probably the best workout rope on the market in my opinion!”
Shop Now for Gymnastics Climbing Ropes
Do you want to find out more about this gym climbing rope? Learn more about it on Amazon by clicking the button below and you’ll also be able to see the lowest prices:
#6: Aoneky Climbing Ropes CrossFit
- Overall improvement of physical fitness and muscle tone, particularly for upper arms and shoulders
- Extremely popular training apparatus for strength, grip and arm coordination skills for use in...
- Brown rope Material: Manila hemp, White rope Material: Polypropylene, Multi color rope Material:...
- Length: 10 feet/13 feet/15 feet/18 feet/20 feet/25 feet/30 feet, Width: 1.18"/1.5''/2''
- Great for kids to climbing in the garden
Another top pick for a CrossFit rope is this one from Aoneky. It has a ton of features that you’ll love, excellent customer reviews and is easy to mount. Add to that the various thickness, length and material options and you’re sure to find something that’ll work well for your home CrossFit gym. Read more to find out why we like it so much!
- Various thickness options (1.18 + 1.5 inches)
- Various length options (from 10-30 feet)
- The brown rope is made from manila hemp
- The white rope is made from polypropylene
- Durable metal hook at one end makes installation really easy
- Ideal for kids or adults
What do People Think About this Workout Climbing Rope?
“Decent CrossFit climbing rope at a nice price. You can use it for workouts, but it does shed a little bit at the start. It slows down after a while though so don’t worry too much about it.”
“Some reviews mentioned the smell but I personally didn’t find it to be a problem. It’s just the right length and thickness for my home gym where I like to do CrossFit workouts. Happy with it, especially when you consider the price and I love that it already has a hook on the end which makes it super easy to install.”
“Climbing ropes for CrossFit vary considerably in terms of quality and price. However, this one is a good buy when it comes to both of those things. It’s super easy to install as well and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase for my home gym.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to find out more about this top-quality CrossFit rope? You can check it out for yourself on Amazon. Click here to see the lowest prices:
#7: GSM Sisal Home Climbing Rope
- HEAVY DUTY SISAL ROPE CONSTRUCTION - Our gym climbing rope is made using heavy duty sisal rope. This...
- HAND SPLICED LOOP FOR EASY MOUNTING - One end of the rope is hand braided back into itself to form a...
- VINYL SLEEVES PREVENT FRAYING - Heat shrunk vinyl sleeves cover the end of the rope along with the...
- 25 FEET LONG WITH A 1.5 INCH DIAMETER - This rope is an excellent tool for building upper body...
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We are confident that you will have a great experience with this gym climbing...
If you’re looking for a climbing rope to use in your home gym, this one from GSM brands may be right for you. Sisal is cheaper than some of the other materials, as well as soft and easy on the hands so that’s why we’ve chosen it as one of our top home workout ropes.
We LOVE companies that stand behind their products and GSM does that with a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. You certainly have nothing to lose by checking this product out!
Find out more about why we recommend it so highly!
- Heavy-duty construction
- Can support up to 300 pounds
- Easy to grip and doesn’t burn the hands
- Spliced loop that doesn’t require mounting brackets
- Vinyl sleeves to prevent fraying at the ends
- 25 feet long
- 1.5″ diameter
- Money-back guarantee
“I love this super strong and sturdy rope. I’m using it to train before I join the military and just hang it on a tree or whatever. Awesome and I love the price.”
“Was pretty hard to grip at first and felt kind of slippery. But, I picked up some climbing chalk and it made a huge difference. Totally recommend this is you have trouble with the grip on this thing.”
“Nice product for the price. You can use it for a ton of things, including home workouts, etc. Just the right length for my purposes and as far as gymnastics climbing ropes go, this one is a nice combination of reasonable price and high quality.”
Do you want to pick up this home climbing rope for yourself? Click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
The Takeaway on the Best Gym Climbing Ropes
If you’re looking for an exercise climbing rope, you have a number of top options to consider. They vary in the following ways:
- Length (from 6-50 feet)
- Materials (see below for more information)
- Diameter (standard is 1.5 inches)
- Installation (hook or loop)
- Indoor (all ropes) or outdoor (far less common) use
But, we hope that our reviews have given you the information you need to make the best choice for the gym rope that will suit your needs.
Where Can I Find Gym Climbing Ropes for Sale?
This kind of product is not that easy to find in your local store. Even a specialized sporting goods store, or fitness equipment supplier may not have them.
It’s for this reason that we recommend shopping online. The main disadvantage is that you won’t be able to get a feel for the rope before you buy it. But, the advantage of getting the exact material, mounting option and length is kind of unbeatable. Plus, you’ll be able to comparison shop easily from brand to brand.
What Kind of Materials Can I Find in Climbing Ropes?
There are various types of materials used in CrossFit climbing ropes. Some of them include the following:
- Manila Fiber (strong and easy to grip, but not ideal for humid environments)
- Sisal Fiber (cheap and soft, but not as durable or strong as Manila Fiber ropes. Their cheaper price may make them ideal for a home climbing rope)
- Synthetic Materials (can handle rain or sun, but can be a bit slippery)
- Cotton Cloth (inexpensive and easy on the hands, but wears out quickly)
What’s the Difference Between Climbing Ropes, Conditioning Ropes, and Pulling Ropes?
Will any old rope do if you want to do some rope climbing during your CrossFit workouts? You could probably make almost anything work, with a little bit of DIY skills, but it’s not ideal. Here are the differences between these various kinds of ropes you might find in a CrossFit gym.
Climbing Ropes are designed for climbing. Of course that’s obvious, but what does that mean? They usually have an eyelet at the end so that you can easily hang them on any smooth, round surface by running the other end through the eyelet. This makes it super quick and easy to put one up in your home CrossFit gym without a ton of hassle.
Conditioning Ropes are also known as battle ropes. They are usually quite long, and are designed to be anchored into the ground at one end. They key thing with these ones is that they’re wrapped at the ends to prevent fraying.
Pulling Ropes are the longest of the bunch, and are also a little bit thinner in diameter. They also have an eyelet at one end to attach them to a pulling sled for example, but their thin diameter means that they’re not ideal for climbing.
How do I Install a CrossFit Climbing Rope?
If you’re looking to install a gym climbing rope, here are a few tips and tricks that you’ll want to know about.
Think about Location Carefully
Ideally, you’d be able to install your CrossFit climbing rope in a location tall enough to handle it. Too short, and it’s hardly worth it.
And, you’ll also want to keep the ropes out of the way when they’re not in use. This usually means placing them near a wall so that they can be stored on a hook or ring. Less than one rope’s length away is a good rule of thumb.
However, not too close to the wall or it can be a little bit dangerous and inconvenient to use them. You’ll need room for thick mats and spotters during this exercise.
Strong and Sturdy
Whatever you use as your anchor point for the rope must be able to maintain your body weight. It should also be smooth and round if you plan on using a rope with an eyelet. However, if you have a CrossFit gym, you may want to consider using an anchor or hook of some kind to prevent wear and tear on the rope with heavy use.
Most beams and ceiling framework in institutional buildings should be strong enough to support a rope. However, the onus is on you to check with a structural engineer or contractor to confirm that this is actually true.
Use Crash Pads for a Climbing Rope CrossFit
What happens if you fall? You’ll want a soft landing, instead of on the hard cement so please consider using pads or some kind.
Consider the Climbing Rope Mounting Bracket Carefully
The best mounting brackets are generally those that come with your new rope. They’ll be strong, durable and built especially for this purpose. Be careful with DIY mounting brackets because they may not be able to withstand the force over time.
How to Hang a Climbing Rope in a Gym
Check out this short video for all the details you need to know about safely installing a fitness exercise rope at your gym.
Where Can I Find out More about Rope Climbing During CrossFit?
If you want to find out more about this popular exercise you can find at the CrossFit Games, or during many CrossFit workouts, then you’ll want to check out the following resource:
You’ll find all sorts of tips and tricks for doing it well, along with gear recommendations. Speaking of gear, it’s not so uncommon to tear up your shins or hands during this kind of workout. In order to prevent this, you’ll want to consider one of the following options:
Have your Say about the Best Gym Climbing Rope for CrossFit
What are your thoughts about the top gym climbing ropes for use in your CrossFit gym? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another brand? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
- CrossFit Boot Camp Workouts | CrossFit Workouts - April 9, 2020
- Vegan CrossFit: Can Vegans Thrive Doing CrossFit? - April 8, 2020
- Crossfit and Steroids: A Big Problem at the CrossFit Games? - April 8, 2020
Last update on 2020-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API