Are you looking for a way to get a better grip on the bar when working out at the gym, doing a CrossFit WOD, or competing in gymnastics? Do you want to know an option that’s better than chalk in that it won’t dry out your hands and cause rips?
Then you’ll definitely want to consider WodWax. It’s an antibacterial wax bar that works just like chalk, except better. Try it out for yourself and you’ll see the difference. Read our buying guide, packed with information about this grip enhancer to find out if it’s the right choice for your next workout.
- Wod Wax is applied directly to the bar and has the perfect balance of “stick” and “give.” It...
- Plus, its antibacterial properties help fight bacteria left on bars from cuts and sweat.
- How To Use: 1.Rub WodWax directly on clean bar in two 4" - 5" sections where hands will be placed 2....
An Introduction to Wod Wax
If you do CrossFit, you’ll know that many of these workouts are heavy on the weights. Things like pull-ups, clean + jerks, snatches, and a variety of other lifts are extremely common.
If you’re lifting heavy and pushing your personal bests, then you’ll certainly want to have a good grip on the bar. After all, the last thing you want to worry about is the bar slipping out of your hands, right?
You do have a few options for a grip enhancer, each with their pros and cons. Some people use workout gloves, but of all the options, they probably have the least grip. Although they do protect your hands extremely well.
Another option is chalk, which probably has the best grip, although it can dry out your hands which can cause rips and also make a big mess.
Finally, you might want to consider something like WodWax. Not only does it offer excellent grip, but it protects your hands from rips as well. Kind of like the best of both worlds, right? It’s certainly one of our top recommended products.
The way it works is that you apply this wax directly to the bar until it begins to form bumps. Then, go kill your workout and don’t worry about your grip!
Just about the only negative is price. It’s quite expensive for a bar that’s about half the size of a regular bar of soap. For us, it’s worth it and a little bit certainly does go a long way. Keep on reading to learn more about Wod Wax.
- Grip enhancer
- Prevents rips when lifting weights (no more ripped hands from CrossFit)
- Antibacterial properties fight germs left on bars
- Apply until the wax to the bar until it begins to form bumps. Then, go crush your workout!
- Reapply wax throughout the workout as necessary
- Chalk is also a grip enhancer, but it dries out the hands and can cause rips so max the switch to WodWax!
Where Can I Get It?
Do you want to find out more about this popular antibacterial grip enhancer that’s ideal for bodybuilding, gymnastics CrossFit, powerlifting and more? Then you’ll want to click the button below to check for the lowest prices and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Learn More about WodWax
Check out this short video to see this popular CrossFit Grip Enhancer in action:
What do People Think about WodWax?
“At my CrossFit box, we have a few bars for lifting. Some are smooth, while other have bumps on them. I have a difficult time gripping the smooth ones, but the bumpy ones rip open my hands. What’s a girl to do? I had a difficult time until I tried this product. It prevents slipping on the smooth ones, and my hands from getting torn up on the rough ones. Love Wod Wax and it now has a permanent home in my workout bag.”
“Never go without this stuff! It’s kind of a miracle and I’ve stopped taping up my hands, etc. Seriously, it’s kind of a game-changer so if you’re on the fence, just try it out. I used to use pull up gloves, but this wax is just so much better.”
“Helps maintain grip on a pull-up bar for sure; my results have never actually been better. Just about the only negatives are that it leaves a big of residue on the bar (my coach doesn’t mind though) and the fact that it’s quite expensive for such a small bar. That said, a little bit goes a long way and it does seems to last for a long time. Totally worth it though when it helps me get better results.”
- Helps maintain grip on the bar
- Doesn’t dry out the hands
- Ideal for smooth or rough bars
- Antibacterial properties (prevents sickness from germs picked up at the gym)
- Small and easy to store/carry to the gym/keep in pocket
- Can replace things like WOD grips or pull up gloves
- Can leave some residue on the bar as it’s applied directly to the bar (may make it a better option for garage or home gyms than a CrossFit box)
- Quite expensive compared to some other options (chalk for example)
Are There Other Similar Products to Wod Wax for CrossFit?
There are a number of other options on the market today which you might want to consider besides this grip enhancer wax. Here are just a few of the most popular options:
What about Goat Tape?
Another top option to protect the hands during a CrossFit workout besides wax on the bar is Goat Tape. Basically, you tape your fingers, hands or wrists where they normally get torn up with this super sticky tape. It works really well and it’s the first tape specifically designed for this style of workout. Check it out here:
- Designed specifically for CrossFitters – optimal for wrist, thumb and finger taping
- Stays strongly bonded and secure through friction, tension, heat and sweat – but easy to rip...
- Our aggressive adhesive can withstand the toughest WOD's and routines
- Helps protect your hands and improve your grip - giving you what you need to hit that next PR
- Latex-free, hypoallergenic and made with cotton fabric each roll measures 10 yards x 1½ inches -...
The Takeaway on WODWax
If you’re looking for one of the best grip enhancers that you can buy, WodWax should be one of your first choices. Although it’s quite expensive, in terms of performance, it’s certainly one of the best.
Not only does it provide excellent grip on the bar, but it protects your hands from cuts and drying out. Besides price, there are very few negatives to it. And, we love how it comes in a small, clean package and doesn’t get all over your clothes, gym bag, etc.
CrossFit, pull-ups and ripped hands? It doesn’t have to be a part of your life anymore!
Wod Wax definitely gets our solid recommend here at Best CrossFit Shoes. Find out where you can get it below.
Does it sound like the right antibacterial rip protection wax for your next CrossFit workout? Click the button below to check for the best prices and also to learn more about this product on Amazon:
How to Remove WodWax from a Bar
Do you have a gym owner or manager complaining about you using this product? It’s quite easy to remove it. Just check out this short video for the correct technique:
Have your Say about this WodWax Review
What are your thoughts about Wod Wax, a top-quality product that improves grip and prevents rips? Is it a winner, or are you considering another product? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other workout enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Brian Westen (see all)
- Rory Mckernan: Details, Stats and His CrossFit Story - January 20, 2020
- Best Weightlifting Belt: Top 5 Picks - January 2, 2020
- Best Boxing Gloves and Sparring Gloves - December 31, 2019
Last update on 2020-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API