Fitness buffs already know the benefits offered by pull-ups to your health. But if you are still a beginner, you may find it interesting that pull-ups are multi-joint exercises targeting your muscles at different angles. It also enhances your grip strength and allows you to improve your endurance. However, you may need a bit of help—that’s where a pull up assist band can come in.
But it will take time for you to perform pull-ups properly. In this case, you may need a little help from a fitness tool to perform this exercise – the Pull-Up Assist Band. Since you may have no idea about the best available pull-up assist bands, we went ahead and looked for the top five for you. Check them out below:
Top 5 Pull Up Bands
- INNSTAR Pull-up Assist Band
- Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band
- INTEY Pull-up Assist Band
- INTENT SPORTS Pull-Up Assist Band
- Lifeline Pull-Up Assistance System
Now, let us take a look at what you will get from these pull-up assist bands.
#1: INNSTAR Pull-up Assist Band
- PATENTED DESIGN: Easier to adjust the length, easier to fix it on the bar.
- Ideal For Fitness Pros & Beginners:If you have a hard time getting chin-ups done or can’t manage...
- Easy to remove, install and adjust:Three plugged resistance cables and safety hook make its...
- Protection with the extra sleeves based on resistance tubes, you never need to worry about getting...
- 100% Quality Warranty: All INNSTAR Products Are Come with 100% Lifetime Guaranteed to insure you...
If you want to enhance your upper body strength with an adjustable pull-up assistance band, then the INNSTAR Pull-up Assist Band is what you are looking for. Made of 100% Malaysian natural latex, the band is durable enough for different exercise routines. Aside from pull-ups, you can also use the band for bicep curls and row exercises.
- Ideal for both beginners and pros
- Easy to install and remove
- Adjustable tension for building upper limb muscles
- Heavy-duty straps with steel buckles
- High-density sleeves for safety
Customer Reviews for the INNSTAR Pull-up Assist Band
“This band can help you perform pull-ups as well as other exercises. It is better than other pull-up bands I tried since the tension is adjustable. The band is also made of high-quality materials that last long.”
“This 3-in-1 tool is perfect for the home gym I am starting. I can do pull-ups and resistance training using one product. It also has a brochure showing some exercises I can perform.”
“Since I am new to working out, it allows me to perform a decent pull-up. Since I am 200 lbs., I have to make sure it is secured properly on my foot.”
The Takeaway on the INNSTAR Pull up Assist Band
If you are planning to improve the way you perform pull-ups, the INNSTAR Pull-up Assist Band is a good way for you to start.
This is certainly one of the best pull up bands available today. Click the button below to check it out over on Amazon and don’t forget to check and see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices,...
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
Interested in getting pull-up bands that are used by Crossfit trainers, athletes, and even powerlifters? Well, you can check out the Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band. This high-quality pull-up band does not break easily. In fact, it can carry loads of up to 220 lbs. Its length can also be adjusted for your needs. You can also be assured that your feet will not slip from its foam cotton rollers that increase friction.
Key Features of the Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band
- Easy to install resistance bands
- Facilitates progressive strength improvement
- High-quality materials
- Small and portable
- Adjustable to meet your fitness requirements
“Well-made and durable. They provide assistance when I needed it. I’m looking forward to using it to increase my reps.”
“Since I’m 75 years old, pull-ups were out of the question. But this device allowed me to perform pull-ups and chin-ups. As my strength increases, I may increase my reps without any assistance.”
“This band made it easy for easy to perform pull-ups. I was limited to a couple in the past, but now I’m doing 8 reps. I leave it at the gym since everybody wanted to use it.”
Summary for the Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band
There are pull-up bands and there’s the Pellor Pull-Up Assist Band. You may want to get this since athletes, powerlifters, and trainers use it.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to find out more about this assisted pull up band? Then you’ll want to click the button below to head over to Amazon:
#3: INTEY Pull-up Assist Band
- Regarded as one of the most economical exercise bands: pull up bands are made of 100% natural latex,...
- Safe and Multifunctional: Stretch bands offers effective training. Workout your arms, back, legs,...
- Suitable for Anyone with eBook: Pull up assist bands come in 4 levels, The amount of resistance of...
- Bonus Carry Bag and Gift Box: Pull up resistance band are so compact that it practically does not...
- Why Four Pull up assistance bands Instead of One? As you get stronger you’ll need to lower the...
Do you want to do more with your pull-up assist band? Then you can check out the INTEY Pull-up Assist Band. Aside from helping you with your pull-up exercises, you can also use it for yoga, Pilates, and CrossFit calisthenics. You actually get four bands in the package. Each band has its own resistance level from 15-35 lbs. up to 50-125 lbs.
- Affordable and convenient
- Four bands in one package
- Four resistance levels depending on the band used
- Special natural latex material
- Comes with a gift box and carry bag
What do People Think About It?
“Great product and better customer service. It is convenient to use and very effective. After one of the bands tore, the company sent a new set of bands.”
“Durable and easy to use. It allows me to build up my upper body strength even if I have broken hands.”
“The bands are ideal for stretching. It allows me to stretch before I perform deadlifts. It’s the best for people who want to stretch their sore muscles after a workout.”
The Takeaway on the INTEY Pull-up Assist Band
If you want to build up your strength using one set of pull-up assist bands, the INTEY Pull-up Assist Band is your best option.
Get Your Pull Up Band Today
This is one of the best pul up assist bands on the market today. Head on over to Amazon to pick it up today, but only if you want to level up your fitness game!
#4: INTENT SPORTS Pull Up Assist Band
- MAX 200: Finally, a real option for those who need Maximum Assistance. 200 LB of Assistance suitable...
- DO MORE PULL UPS in less time. Rather than killing yourself with full weight pull ups, this smart...
- EASY TO USE. Attaches to any pull up bar including P90X. Simply adjust the length to match your body...
- PORTABLE TAKE IT EVERYWHERE including home, bedroom, garage, gym, the park, and to work to get a...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Many...
Are you apprehensive about starting a pull-up routine due to your weight? If this is the case, then you can check out the INTENT SPORTS Pull-Up Assist Band. It can provide pull-up assistance of up to 200 lbs. This makes it suitable for all strength levels and physical conditions. Moreover, it is fully adjustable so you can also reduce the assistance once you start to build up your strength.
- 200-lb assistance level
- Fully adjustable to reduce assistance as your strength increases
- Durable material and can be attached to any bar
- Portable and comes with a compact pouch
- 100% money-back guarantee
Online Reviews for the INTENT SPORTS Pull-Up Assist Band
“It allowed me to make a full pull-up even though I weigh 195 lbs. This is the best pull-up assist band I’ve tried so far.”
“Being a 58-year-old woman makes it challenging to perform a pull-up. But this pull-up assist band helped me strengthen my arms, back, and shoulders. I’m very happy with this product and will recommend it to other women who want to increase their strength through pull-ups.”
“It is a very impressive product. The material it uses is also amazing. Even as it stretches, it still remains strong.”
Summary for the INTENT SPORTS Pull-Up Assist Band
Thinking of getting well-defined and muscular arms in the future, you can let the INTENT SPORTS Pull-Up Assist Band help you with that.
Find out More Information about this Chin Up Assistance Band
Does this pull up bar band sound like exactly what you need? Then head on over to Amazon to learn more about it here:
#5: Lifeline Pull-Up Assistance System
- Unique design allows pull up assistance throughout entire motion to progressively get...
- Perform more, higher quality reps with proper form past muscle exhaustion
- Improve arm, shoulders, and chest strength with assisted pull ups and chin ups
- Easily add or subtract secure cables from 1 to 3 cables to vary assistance
- Heavy Duty Bar Hook attaches easily to pull up bar, integrated strap lock allows fast strap height...
Looking for a product to help you strengthen your muscles through pull-ups? Then the Lifeline Pull-Up Assistance System has your back. You use it to can work on your chest, arms and shoulders through assisted pull-ups and chin-ups. Its patented 3-in-1 cable system can be adjusted to reduce the assistance level as you increase your strength. Furthermore, it also allows you to perform other exercise routines to strengthen your core muscles.
- Patented 3-in-1 adjustable assistance cables
- Strengthens shoulder, chest, and arm muscles
- Easy-to-attach heavy-duty bar
- Improved safety with cabled layering technology
- Facilitates other exercise routines for core muscle development
“The door pull-up bar I bought was useless until I got this pull-up assistance system. It allowed me to gradually develop my untrained female muscles and complete a pull-up. I am now making progress.”
“This product worked the way it was advertised. I was able to perform pull-ups properly to exercise my upper back. It is a great product that allows me to work on my muscles.”
“This pull up assist band is the product I have been looking for. It is easy to assemble and setup. Despite my limited upper body strength, I can perform 7 consecutive pull-ups using this pull-up assist system.”
Should you Consider Buying the Lifeline Pull-Up Assistance System?
If you are looking for a way up to build up your muscles through pull-ups, then the Lifeline Pull-Up Assistance System is your best bet to allow you to do just this.
Buy One Today
If you want to get yourself a top-quality pullup band, then you’ll need to click the button below to head to Amazon to check for the lowest prices on fitness equipment:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying Pull-Up Assist Bands
Knowing the best pull-up assist bands available in the market may not be enough for you to decide which one is best for you. It is also important for you to know the factors to consider when buying one. Fret not since we got your back. The following as the top 7 factors to consider before you finalize your decision on which pull-up assist band to buy.
#1: Body Weight
Before you buy a pull-up assist band, you should weigh yourself. This is important since the band you choose should support your weight. You wouldn’t want to buy a band that breaks after you use it for a few weeks. You should find one that is suitable for your use.
This is another important factor to consider since there may be some bands that may not last a long time. The band you select should not overstretch after you use it a couple of times. Check signs of wear and tear or discoloration. Any defects on the product may endanger your health and safety.
#3: Ease of Use
You should be aware that there are some pull-up assist bands with interchangeable handles. These bands will require you to remove the handles and attach them to other bands. If you are still a beginner, you may want to get a band that is simple to use. Easy-to-use bands also allow you to work out just about anywhere. So, you may want to think about this before you finalize your decision.
The material used on the pull-up assist band reflects its quality. Due to this, you should check the material the manufacturer used for their product. Many bands use rubber, which means you should check if it is natural or synthetic rubber. You should also check if the smell of the rubber will permeate. If it does, it may cause allergic reactions for some users.
While pull-up assist bands are designed to help you perform a pull-up, it does not hurt to get one that allows you to perform other exercises. A versatile band allows you to work on the other muscles in your body. It also allows you to save money since you do not need to buy other tools to work on these muscles.
As with any piece of fitness gear that you might buy, it pays to do some research and look around for the best prices. In this case, you can get a pull up band for between $10 and $30 USD. At the lower end of that price range, they work quite well and will work well for most people.
#7: Customer Reviews
When it comes to a pull up assist band, it’s prudent to find out what actual users are saying about it. In this case, we generally recommend checking out the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon. They’ll usually give you a very accurate depiction of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Do you Have any Recommendations for Pull Up Bars?
If you’re looking for a free-standing pull up bar stand for your home gym, then you’ll certainly want to check this out: Best Pull Up Stands. They make a great addition to any home or garage gym.
And, besides pull ups and chins ups, most of them allow for a wide variety of exercises including push ups, knee raises and tricep dips. They’re certainly a versatile piece of fitness equipment that takes up very little space. Pick yourself up a free-standing pull up bar on Amazon:
Pull Up Assist Band FAQ’s
There are some common questions that people have about pull up assistance bands. Here are the answers that you need to know!
How do Pull Up Assist Bands Work?
Pull up assist bands work well if you follow a few simple steps:
- Attach the band to a pull up bar by pulling one side through the other one.
- Put your foot or knee in the band.
- Complete your pull up or chin up reps
- Step out of the strap with one foot and then release the other one.
Can you Use Resistance Bands for Pull Ups?
If you don’t want to invest in a pull up band, then consider using a resistance band. Place the band around the bar, making a loop for your knees to go in. Then, you can perform a wide range of chin ups and pulls up with a little bit less effort.
Are Assisted Pull Ups Any Good?
Generally, machine or band assisted pulls ups won’t help you that in achieving the goal of unassisted pull ups unless you work on increasing reps and building muscle through weight lifting exercises. Once you can do 10-15 assisted pull-ups, it’s time to try without the band.
Have your Say about the Best Pull Up Bands
What’s your top pick for a pull up assist band? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API