Maybe it’s just us, but a lot of us seem to have bad knees. We take some time off, but our knees still hurt. We rehab it with lots of working out and special exercises, but it still hurts. Sometimes it feels like you just can’t win, right?
Unfortunately, we’re not at the point where knee replacements are a thing. Maybe some day in the future? But, for right now, the best we can do it give our knees some extra support, especially if we’re doing powerlifting and putting a ton of force on them.
When Should I Use a Knee Sleeve?
You can use a knee support sleeve in a variety of situations, from running to weightlifting, to CrossFit and just about any sport you might want to play. You may want to use if you’ve been injured in the past (check with your physiotherapist or doctor to see if a knee brace may actually be a better option for you), or if you want to prevent in juries in the future.
The way that knee sleeves work is that they help to keep the knee warm, while increasing circulation and blood flow to the area. They also offer a little bit of extra stability. The theory is that this will help to prevent injuries. Compression knee sleeves certainly seems to work for a lot of people.
What is the Best Knee Sleeve?
Here’s a sneak peak at the top choices you might want to consider:
- Best for CrossFit: Bear Kompex Knee Sleeve
- Ideal for Weightlifting: ProFitness Knee Sleeve
- Best for Running: UFlex Knee Sleeve
- Top Powerlifting Knee Sleeves: Mava Sports
- Best all-round: Powerlix Compression Knee Sleeve
Keep on reading for our picks for the best knee sleeves. We’ve organized them by category to make it easy for you. For example, what’s the best knee sleeve for CrossFit? Or, the best powerlifting knee sleeve. Let’s get to it!
Best Knee Sleeve for CrossFit: Bear Komplex
- 😎 CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LIFT: This listing is for a pair of Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves that not...
- 🏋️ KNEE SLEEVES ARE 7mm & 5mm FOR OPTIMAL SUPPORT AND COMFORT. Don't miss your next...
- 📈 INCREASE BLOOD FLOW AND REDUCE PAIN with our sleeves. Keep your knees warm while...
- 💪SHOW OFF YOUR STYLE: You're not boring and your workout gear shouldn't be either. Our 10+...
- 🤯WEAR IT LIKE THE PROS: As an Official Sponsor of the CrossFit Games, Bear KompleX products...
If you’re looking for the best knee sleeves for CrossFit, this one from Bear Komplex may be your best option. They’re reasonably priced, very well-made, come in a huge range of colours and have thousands of happy customers.
Besides CrossFit, they’re also ideal for weightlifting, gym workouts, running, wrestling and more. Basically, any time you may want just a little bit of extra support for your knees when you’re doing exercise.
If the exercise you’re going involves more running and agility, then consider the 5 mm option. You’ll have a bit more freedom of movement and a full range of motion.
However, if you’re leaning more towards lifting and are mostly staying stationary, then opt for the 7 mm. It’ll give you that extra bit of firmness and support that you might need.
Key Features of one of the Best Knee Compression Sleeves
- Sold in a pair of two
- Come in 5 mm and 7 mm thickness options
- From small to 2XL sizes
- Increases blood flow and reduces pain during workouts
- More than 10x styles, with reversible designs
Customer Reviews for the Bear Komplex Knee Sleeve
“I do a ton of CrossFit workouts and wanted something to protect my knees. After doing a ton of research, I came across Bear Komplex and picked up some of their knee sleeves. Super happy with them, and quite durable after a few months of using them very regularly.”
“I hurt my knee working out a few months ago and have been pretty nervous about it since then. I picked these up to give me some extra support and keep my knees warmer between sets. They fit really well, and super comfortable to wear and give support, while not cutting off circulation.”
“Probably the best knee sleeves for CrossFit in my opinion. Not too thin, but not too thick (I got the 5 mm one). I can still run and jump and don’t feel restricted, but it’s thick enough that it’s actually doing something.”
Where to Buy this Top Rated Knee Sleeve?
You can easily find this top-quality CrossFit knee sleeve on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and deals on free shipping:
Bear Komplex Knee Sleeve Review
Best Knee Sleeves for Squats: ProFitness
- ENJOY MAXIMUM SUPPORT AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE: ProFitness presents you with the best knee...
- PROTECT YOUR KNEES FROM GETTING INJURED: These top notch compression braces can aid joint recovery...
- THE BEST KNEE SUPPORT CHOICE FOR ALL TYPES OF EXERCISING: Whether you are an experienced athlete or...
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Forget about cheaply made compression braces that do...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Providing you with the friendliest customer service is our number one...
If you’re looking for the compression knee sleeve that’s right for your squat or lifting workout, then you’ll want to consider this one from ProFitness. It’s an ideal thickness, comes in a pair of two, and will help provide some serious protection while going for your personal best on the squat.
If you’re a powerlifting, bodybuilder, Olympic lifter, or weekend warrior at the gym, then these Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves may make an ideal choice. Combine that with the 1-year warranty and excellent customer service and you certainly have a top choice for knee compression sleeve
Key Features of these Knee Sleeves for Squats
- Extra-thick, 7 mm neoprene
- Reinforced stitching in key areas
- Non slip
- Small to XXL sizes
- 1 year warranty and total satisfaction guarantee
What do People Think About Them?
“I hurt my knee a few months back which made it difficult to squat low and heavy. After much research, I picked up a pair of these and I’m back to squatting and hitting my personal bests on all kind of exercises. Thank you so much! My knees haven’t felt this supported and stable in a long time.”
“Make sure to measure your knees like the company recommends. Just because you’re a larger person, doesn’t mean you need a large knee sleeve. I use mine for powerlifting, but you could use it for CrossFit, or just about anything were there’s a large demand on your knees.”
“If you’re serious about weightlifting, then check these out. The best thing is that they don’t slide down your knees like some of the other ones I’ve tried out.”
You can easily find this powerlifting knee sleeve on Amazon.com. Check now for the best prices and to learn more about it:
Best Knee Sleeve for Running: UFlex
- BENEFITS: Reduces inflammation/swelling, soreness, stiffness, has heating effect for muscular...
- SPORTS: Suitable for all sports activities that involve a great amount of stress on the joints like:...
- PAIN RELIEF: Aid in recovery, runners & jumpers knee, arthritis, tendonitis
- ANTI-SLIP SILICONE: stable compression during gym time, squats, weightlifting, yoga, fitness
- CONSULT OUR SIZE CHART: choose the best knee brace & support suitable for women, men and kids.
If you want to protect your knees while running, then you’ll want to consider a knee support sleeve. It should be thin so that you can easily have a full range of motion and some degree of flexibility in your knee. But, it should also be supportive and comfortable at the same time.
One of our top picks is this knee sleeve for running and other sports from UFlex Athletics. It’s very reasonably priced, along with having some excellent customer reviews. Keep on reading to find out more out this knee sleeve for runners.
- Can aid in knee recovery
- Helps protect against injuries
- Anti-slip silicone
- Moderate support with maximum flexibility
- Measure your knee cap to get the best fit
- Range of sizing options
- 3D knitting technology with 4-way stretch
- Full refund or replacement within 30 days
What People are Saying About One of the Best Knee Support Sleeves
“I used to only be able to run about 3 miles before it’d start to hurt. I’m now running for 10. This knee sleeve has kind of been a game-changer for me.”
“I’m an avid runner, but have been having some knee pain since I was a kid. On the recommendation of my physiotherapist, I decided to try a knee sleeve. It was surprisingly comfortable and didn’t cut off the circulation like I thought it might. Overall, it’s allowed me to run faster and longer, minus the pain.”
“I like all the time in very rugged terrain, and didn’t want to have aching knees at the end of my hikes anymore. This thing seems to have worked!”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this top-quality knee sleeve for running on Amazon.com. Head over there to learn more about it and to check prices:
Best Knee Sleeves for Powerlifting and Weightlifting: Mava Sports
- UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SUPPORT: If you didn't get the right size or the color you wanted, please contact...
- 7mm THICK that actually offers Support - Our Pair of Knee Compression is Proven to help with INJURY...
- ANATOMICALLY SHAPED FOR PERFORMANCE - They provide the right amount of support and compression...
- EXTRA SUPPORT & STABILITY - relieving muscle stiffness and soreness, providing that little help with...
- SIZING CHART - Please check it for a perfect fit and superior comfort. Do NOT order a size down...
If you’re into powerlifting, bodybuilding, or Olympic lifting, then you may want to consider a knee sleeve to give some extra support and stability to your knees when you’re lifting some serious weight. They can help to prevent injuries, and also give you that extra bit of confidence for lifting some serious weight.
This one from Mava Sports is our top knee sleeve or powerlifters. It’s 7 mm thick, which gives some great support but doesn’t allow a lot of knee movement. This is exactly what you want when lifting heavy. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Made from neoprene
- 7mm thickness
- USPA approved
- Variety of sizes (measure your knee to get the best fit)
- Latest compression technology
- Anatomically shaped
- Excellent customer service
- Comfortable to wear (not stiff)
- Doesn’t slip or ride up
“Amazing level of support for my powerlifting competitions (it’s fully legal). If you want more, you’re going to have to switch to a knee brace. However, the 7 mm knee sleeves aren’t that breathable, so if you have an injury and are going to be wearing it all day, stick with a thinner one. This one is comfortable enough for a couple of hours though.”
“I use this for weightlifting and find that it works well. I’ve been using it for a few months and it’s durable enough. The best part is that it doesn’t roll like some of the other ones I’ve tried, with much frustration!”
“My knees have taken a beating over the years from playing so many sports as a kid an in college. These knee sleeves have kind of been a miracle for me. I use them at the gym, for CrossFit, etc.”
Get your Today
You can get one of the best sleeves for weightlifting online. Check now for the best prices, and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Mava Sports Knee Sleeve Review
Best Knee Sleeves for a Range of Activities: PowerLix
- PHENOMENAL PROTECTION: PowerLix Knee brace apply stable pressure across your knee joint. Offers...
- PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT!: Our Knee support is perfect for any activity that involves a great...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our Knee sleeve is manufactured to provide superior support and comfort without...
- BREATHTAKING DESIGN & ANTI-SLIP SYSTEM: Special knitted technical design with two silicone gel...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- We truly want you to be happy with your new Knee brace and our...
If you’re looking for a compression knee sleeve for a wide range of activities, then this one from PowerLix should be at the top of your list. It’s soft, comfortable and flexible while still offering a nice level of knee support. Plus, it’s well designed and doesn’t slip, roll or slide during your workouts.
It’s a thinner knee sleeve which makes it ideal for tennis, basketball or other sports. You can also it for some light weightlifting, HIIT workout, or CrossFit WOD. If you’re the kind of person who likes to do it all, then this is the knee sleeve for you!
- Excellent support
- Allows for a full range of motion
- Offers more coverage than most other knee sleeves
- Soft fabric that’s sweat proof
- Silicone grip gel
- Graduated compression
- Variety of sizes (measure five inches above the knee for the best fit)
- Anti-slip system
- 6-month, no questions asked return policy
- 4-way stretch
- No bad odours
“Love this knee sleeve…it’s a cut above the other ones I’ve tried over the years that seem to lose their compression after just a couple of months. 5 years with this thing and it’s still doing well.”
“I’ve been training for a marathon for a few months now and started to have terrible knee pain. I bought this, not really expecting it to work. To my surprise, my knee pain went from 100% down to 5%. Awesome.”
“Not too tight that it cuts off circulation, but snug enough to actually offer some value. Overall, very happy with it and I use it for going to the gym, sports, or hikes.”
You can easily find this compression knee sleeve online. Take a look on Amazon.com to find the best deals on athletic gear:
Why Consider a Knee Sleeve?
Are knee sleeves worth it? That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked.
Knee sleeves are designed to give you some protection for your knee if you’ve injured it. They provide warmth and compression to the knee, exactly what you want if you’ve had an injury of some kind.
Even if you haven’t injured your knee, you may want to consider using one to give you some extra stability and support. For example, during a squat or lunge. The increased blood flow to the area from wearing a knee sleeve will certainly be a good thing.
What Can Knee Sleeves Do For You?
Put simply, compression + blood flow = better recovery. This is true both during a workout, as well as after it. They can:
- Add warmth
- Restrict patella movement to prevent injuries
- Increase blood flow
- Can improve proprioception (the capacity to feel the position of a joint in space)
Do All Weightlifters Need Them?
If you’re just starting out with lifting, then you may not need a knee sleeve. There probably isn’t enough force on your knees yet to warrant it. You’ll want to consider one later though when you start to make some progress and increase your weight significantly.
Knee Brace vs Knee Sleeve
If you have a knee injury, a knee sleeve may not do enough to protect you adequately. It doesn’t protect the anterior knee of patella enough to prevent re-injuring yourself.
Talk to your doctor or physiotherapist for their specific recommendation for your situation. Just remember: if you have a knee injury, don’t think that using a knee sleeve will keep you same if you resume your same activities. It most likely won’t. Get professional help with this!
What about Knee Wraps?
Knee wraps are often used by powerlifters and Olympic lifters to help them lift the maximum possible amount of weight. While they do a good job of supporting the knee, they are also extremely restrictive and can even lead to problems down the road such as arthritis.
They also restrict your range of motion, making them not suitable for something like running, CrossFit, or other sports. Leave knee wraps to the professional lifters and bodybuilders!
5 mm vs 7 mm Knee Sleeves
These knee sleeves from Bear Komplex and many other brands come in 2 different thickness options: 5 mm or 7 mm. Along with this, they come in a variety of size options as well, ranging from small to XX-large.
Which thickness option is right for you? Thinner sleeves (3 mm) are designed for high agility or endurance workouts. You’ll want to stick with these ones if you’re using it for running for example.
Thicker ones (7 mm) are more stability for heavy lifting or for lots of support if you’re rehabbing your knee. You’ll want to stick with these ones if your workouts are heavy on weightlifting or Olympic lifting for example.
The 5 mm knee sleeves fall somewhere in the middle. They allow you to have some degree of agility, while at the same time, offer a ton of support. This makes these ones one of the best knee sleeves for CrossFit.
Have your Say about the Best Knee Sleeves
What’s your top pick for compression knee sleeve? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by Brian Westen (see all)
- Ryan Elrod: All the Details you Need to Know about this CrossFit Athlete - October 8, 2019
- WodWax Review: The Best CrossFit Grip Enhancer? - August 22, 2019
- Adidas CrazyPower TR Cross-Training Shoe Review - August 13, 2019
Last update on 2019-10-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API