Weight training is an excellent way for you to stay fit. While this allows you to increase your strength and muscle mass, your safety should be your main concern especially if you are already lifting heavier weights. One safety device you can consider getting is a weightlifting belt. A weightlifting belt can help stabilize your spine while you are lifting heavy loads.
Even as you are eager to get one for your fitness routine, you may not know anything about these lifting safety devices. So, we came up with a list of the best weightlifting belts you can find in the market. Check them out here.
Best Lifting Belt: Top 5 Picks
- ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
- Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt
- Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt
- Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
- Element 26 Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt
If you like what you are seeing, you may be interested in what each of them offers.
#1: ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
- IMPROVED FORM & TECHNIQUE – Maintaining proper squat and lifting form is essential to not only...
- PREVENT BACK INJURIES – Properly supporting your lower back (lumbar) is important, especially when...
- COMFORTABLE LEATHER – Each 4” wide genuine leather belt is comfortable, adjustable and won’t...
- BUILD CORE STRENGTH – Front to back, your core muscles play a major factor in your health and...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – ProFitness has worked hard to create the best workout belt made of...
Looking for a high-quality weightlifting belt that is light on the wallet? Then you should put the ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt on top of your list. Its genuine leather material offers all the comfort you need while doing your squats. Moreover, it provides suitable support for your lumbar area and helps prevent injuries while you are lifting heavy loads.
- Genuine leather material
- Adjustable and does not slip during training
- Tear and stretch resistant
- Durable metal buckle
- 60-day money-back guarantee
Customer Reviews for the ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
“It has a very thick leather material, but it’s still flexible. My lifts improved after I started using the belt. I highly recommend this belt.”
“It is the belt that I needed. This is the belt for people who got injured in the past. It is well-built and durable.”
“This is the best weightlifting belt I ever used. It is smooth and comfortable to use. The belt allows me to go on an intense one-hour training without having to worry that it will slide to my side.”
The Takeaway on the ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
If you are looking for a weightlifting belt that offers the best value for your money, the ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt is your best bet. It’s at the top of our list of the best lifting belts for good reason! It’s super durable, reasonably priced and fits most people really well.
Do you want to pick up one of the best weightlifting belts? Then you’ll want to click the button below to buy it on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
ProFitness Leather Lifting Belt Review
Do you want to find out more about one of our top picks? Then you’ll certainly want to check out this short video over on Amazon:
#2: Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt
- ✅ PREMIUM 10MM THICK LEATHER: Our PowerLifting Belt features a 10mm thick select, exclusive...
- ✅ MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our 10mm thick weight lifting belt conforms to your body shape sooner and is...
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE DOUBLE PRONG: The double roller buckle prongs are precision made, custom zinc...
- ✅ HEAVY DUTY: With a height of 4" across its length, this belt ensures your back, abs and...
- ✅ SIZING CHART: Please use sizing chart in listing images to order the correct size. You need...
Are you in the market for a reasonably-priced belt you can use for powerlifting and weightlifting? If this is the case, then you may want to check out the Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt. Its 10-mm thick leather material provides the flexibility and support you need while lifting heavy loads. It is designed to stabilize your abs and back to give you added strength and power.
Key Features of the Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt
- Premium thick leather material
- Four-inch width
- Optimal support for the back and abs
- Adjustable double-prong buckle
- IPL & USPA Approved Gear
User Reviews for this Workout Belt
“This is one of the best weightlifting belts I owned. It provides the support I need while lifting after coming off an injury. The belt has a suitable number of holes allowing me to adjust it accordingly.”
“Aside from deadlifts and squats, the belt also provides support for shoulder presses and barbell rows. It takes off any strain on my back. This belt is now my go-to accessory when I lift weights.”
“I love this weightlifting belt. It has the best quality in terms of craftsmanship and leather. Its two-pronged buckle also secures it nicely whenever I lift heavy loads.”
Summary for the Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt
Looking for a weightlifting belt offering support for other weight training exercises? Well, your search should end with the Iron Bull Strength Powerlifting/Weightlifting Belt. It’s super durable, built to handle even the heaviest weights and is also very affordably priced. Combine that with some super fans of this thing and you certainly know that you’re getting a top-quality lifting belt.
Get Your Weight Lifting Belt Today
Do you want to pick up one of the best Weight Lifting Belts for yourself? Head over to Amazon to check now for the lowest prices and best deals:
#3: Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt
- 4" wide, 3/8" thickness, top quality leather with a soft suede lining for increased comfort
- Easy to use closure system features a double-prong seamless roller buckle with a single loop to...
- Size: Medium (waist size 29.5" to 37.5"). We suggest ordering a size 3"-6" longer than your dress...
- Color: Black
- Width: 4"
In the market for an affordable weightlifting belt that offers suitable support for your back? Well, you may want to consider Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt. Made of high-quality leather, this four-inch-wide belt offers optimal comfort with its soft suede lining. The double-prong buckle of its closure system is easy to use. It provides suitable support when you lift weights to prevent hyperextension.
Important Features of this Weight Lifting Belt
- High-quality four-inch wide leather
- 3/8-inch thick
- Double-prong roller buckle closure system
- Soft suede lining
- Provides suitable back support while lifting heavy loads
What do People Think About It?
“While it is not a professional powerlifting belt, it still provides all the support I need for lifting weights. It is durable and is better than the belt I previously used. It gives me the best bang for my buck.”
“This weight lifting belt has worked perfectly in the last few months I used this belt. It gives me the support I needed.”
“After developing back problems due to lifting weights, I looked for a suitable weightlifting belt. This belt fits the bill to a tee. It is durable and suitably thick to provide the support I needed.”
The Takeaway on the Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt
Weightlifting enthusiasts will love the Ader Leather Power Lifting Weight Belt since it provides the back support they need without having to spend too much. It’s well-built and should last you for years, even with heavy use.
Where Can I Find It?
Do you want to learn more about this top-notch weight belt? Then you’ll want to click the button below to find out more about it on Amazon:
#4: Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
- SELF-LOCKING BUCKLE WITH PRECISE ADJUSTABILITY: Unlike a leather belt with a predetermined set of...
- DESIGNED FOR OPTIMAL COMFORT AND FUNCTION: With its lightweight contoured design, our weightlifting...
- OUR BELTS SUPPORT MORE THAN YOUR BACK: We lift others up. Many of our belts are designed to show...
- VETERAN-OWNED BUSINESS WITH A TRIED AND TRUE REPUTATION: We've been in business for 5 years and have...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: We've got your back! If your weightlifting belt ever breaks or becomes unsafe to...
Some weightlifting belts may be uncomfortable to wear, but the Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt is designed to provide optimal comfort for you. The lightweight design allows you to avoid injury on your spine while lifting weights. It is also adjustable and remains secure even if you lift the heaviest loads. Moreover, the company behind the product donates to US combat veterans for every belt it sells.
- Adjustable self-locking buckle
- Remains secure even with the heaviest loads
- Designed to provide the best comfort during use
- Provides suitable support for the back to prevent injuries
- Lifetime warranty
Online Reviews for the Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
“This is an amazing weightlifting belt. It is a high-quality belt that allowed me to maintain my form while lifting weights. The belt also protected me from hyperextensions while performing deadlifts and squats.”
“I love this weightlifting belt. While I am not into weightlifting, I lift heavy objects because of my landscaping business. After figuring in an accident that had metal bolts and rods in my spine, the belt provided the support I needed for my back. “
“This is a belt that weightlifters should have. It allows you to avoid back pains after lifting heavy loads. I will recommend this belt to anyone who is into weightlifting.”
Summary for the Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
Are you looking for a weightlifting belt that is both comfortable and offers suitable support for your back? Then, the Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt is the one you are looking for.
Buy it Now
Do you want to pick yourself up the Fire Team Lifting Belt? Then you’ll want to click the button below to check it out on Amazon.com:
#5: Element 26 Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt
- SELF-LOCKING SECURITY: Unlike other lifting belts that only rely on cheap straps to support your...
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE: Don’t be fooled by cheap knock-off weight lifting belts and copycat...
- FUNCTIONALLY DESIGNED: One of the most frustrating aspects of other exercise belts is the silly use...
- COMPETITION APPROVED: You know what is the worst? Buying a weightlifting belt and finding out you...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: The quickest way to tell if a product is of high quality is to look at the...
Premium leather is normally used on many weightlifting belts. But some belts have taken the road less traveled. One of these belts is the Element 26 Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt. It uses premium nylon material, which provides ultimate comfort and performance whenever you lift weights. It is also designed for performance and designed to function the way a weightlifting belt is supposed to work.
- 100% premium nylon material
- Easy-to-use self-locking buckle
- Designed for performance
- Build for stability and back support
- Lifetime warranty
“This weightlifting belt is perfect for my needs. It provides the support I need for performing military presses, squats, and deadlifts, among others. This belt is worth every penny I spent on it.”
“After using a lot of other belts in the past, this is the only weightlifting belt I will use from now on. I feel secure whenever I perform my lifts with its self-locking feature. It also increased my confidence during CrossFit training.”
“This weightlifting belt saved my back from injuries countless times. As a background, I went through rehab and recovery after spinal injuries due to a car accident. The belt allows me to focus on weight reduction and bodybuilding.”
Should you Consider Buying the Element 26 Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt?
Allergic to leather? Then, the 100% premium nylon material of the Element 26 Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt makes it ideal to keep you safe while lifting heavy loads. Combine that with how comfortable this work out belt is and you certainly have a top choice for many athletes.
Get Your Workout Belt Today
Do you want to pick up one of these for yourself? It certainly makes a top choice for people who like to lift heavy during their workouts. Head over to Amazon today to find the lowest prices:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Weightlifting Belt
Weightlifting belts provide the necessary support when you carry heavy loads. Aside from ensuring you avoid back injuries, these belts also enhance your lifting performance. Knowing these benefits is not enough, you should also be aware of the factors to consider before you buy a weightlifting belt. If you have no idea whatsoever on the things to look out for, don’t worry since we got you covered. Check out the following factors you should consider before looking for a weightlifting belt.
The first factor you should consider before buying a weightlifting belt is how you will use it. If you will use it mainly for powerlifting training, you should get the powerlifting belt. These belts are around four inches wide and are consistent all around. On the other hand, if you are mainly performing weightlifting exercises, you should opt for the standard weightlifting belt. These belts have a four-inch width at the back and gradually taper off in front.
Weightlifting belts are made of different materials: leather, suede, and nylon. While it is mainly based on personal preference, you can take into account the durability of each material when you make your decision. Leather belts are usually durable while suede weightlifting belts offer more comfort. On the other hand, nylon belts combine the durability and comfort offered by the first two types of belts.
The thickness of weightlifting belts can range from 10 milimeters up to 13 milimeters. The thicker the belt, the more support it provides to your spine. But first-time weightlifting belt users may find the thicker belts uncomfortable to use. In these cases, it would be best for first-timers to use the 10-mm belts. As you build up your strength, you can move towards using thicker belts.
#4: Locking Feature
When it comes to weightlifting belts, you should make sure they are secure before you start lifting weights. There are three main types of locks: single-prong, double-prong, and lever. While the first two works similar to a typical belt, the third one allows you to simply click the lock into place after you find a suitable tightness. While it is adjustable, you would need some tools to make the necessary adjustments before you can lock it into place.
This factor is mainly determined by the actual circumference of your waist. While you may think you are a size 32, you may need a size 34 belt. Due to this, you should follow the instructions provided by the belt manufacturer on how to measure your belt size. It should be comfortable enough for you to wear while providing suitable support while lifting heavy loads.
As with anything that you might consider buying, it’s prudent to check customer reviews for weightlifting belts. In this case, we recommend checking out the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon to get an indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
There is some variation in the price of a weightlifting belt. At the lower end, you’ll lose some durability because they’re made with lower-quality materials. At the higher end, the most expensive lifting belts should almost last you a lifetime.
Have your Say about the Best Weightlifting Belt
What’s your top pick for a lifting belt? Is it one of the options from this list, or do you have another one that you’d like to recommend? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other serious weight lifters, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Brian Westen (see all)
- Rory Mckernan: Details, Stats and His CrossFit Story - January 20, 2020
- Best Weightlifting Belt: Top 5 Picks - January 2, 2020
- Best Boxing Gloves and Sparring Gloves - December 31, 2019
Last update on 2020-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API