Are you looking for a pair of top-quality cross-training shoes for CrossFit, Insanity workouts, or gym sessions? Then you’ll want to seriously consider the Asics Conviction X trainers. They’re one of our top picks for these kinds of workouts.
Keep on reading to learn more about the Asics Conviction cross trainers.
- RhynoSkin Synthetic Leather: An abrasion and tear resistant synthetic leather for increased upper...
- Perforated Sockliner: Optimizes moisture drainage and improves breathability.
- Integrated Lace Garage: Complies with rules regarding laces.
- Seamless Construction: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and...
Asics Conviction X Review: The Best Asics Cross Training Shoe?
These cross training shoes from Asics are ideal for a range of indoor workouts. They’re super comfortable, durable and have some excellent user reviews online. In terms of design, they tend to run towards a kind of minimalist style in that they’re very light in weight and you will have a lot of feel with the floor during your workout.
As far as CrossFit shoes go, these trainers from Asics are one of our top picks. They are flat and stable enough for weightlifting, durable and grippy enough for rope climbing but are light and comfortable enough for sprints or other kinds of cardio. Can’t get much better than that, can you?
4mm Heel to Toe Drop
When you’re considering what kind of shoe to buy, this should be one of the first questions that you ask. Running shoes have a heel toe differential of around 10 mm. This helps to propel your feet forward with each stride.
However, lifting shoes are closer to 0 mm. This provides a more stable platform when lifting and allows you to get deeper into squats or deadlifts.
At 4 mm, the Asics Conviction X 2 falls right into the middle. This means that you can do some light running or cardio in them, but they’re also ideal for lifting. In short, they’re a nice, mid-range shoe option.
Key Features of the Asics Met Conviction Trainer
- Durable and grippy rubber sole made from high abrasion rubber
- RhynoSkin synthetic leather upper is very durable, but still has a nice degree of breathability
- Perforated sock liner fit
- Innovative, integrated lacing system
- Seamless construction that reduces friction
- Ideal for CrossFit, HIIT, jumping rope or Insanity workouts
- Plush collar and padded upper
- Good level of arch support
- Grippy material on the upper can assist with rope climbs
- Stiff heel and low heel toe drop makes them ideal for weightlifting
- Neutral arch support
Where Can I Buy Them?
You can find these cross training shoes on Amazon.com. Check now for the lowest prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
- Flexible, but strong and ideal for a range of workouts
- Stable enough for weightlifting
- Excellent customer service and support
- Reasonably priced
- Fits well
- Many people really like the innovative lacing system that ensures a snug fit
- Comfortable sock-like fit
- Ideal for quick movements during functional fitness workouts
- Lots of traction
- Long, but narrow fit (not ideal for people with wider feet), similar to the Nike Free Cross Compete
- Lack of arch support may not work for you if you have high arches
- Not ideal for outdoor use
- Not many style and color options available
Asics Conviction X Review
What do People Think About the Asics Conviction X Trainers?
“Really nice pair of shoes that are great for any sort of gym workout, including CrossFit or Zumba. The only thing I don’t love about them is that they’re a bit heavy and clunky and are certainly not for running. However, they’re not designed for this type of workout and overall, I’m really happy with them.”
“Looks sharp and are ideal for working out in. You can do dynamic movements in them easily and the flat heel is nice for squats or similar exercises. Love the very reasonable price as well.”
“Adequate arch support and feel really comfortable on my feet. Maybe the best Asics shoe for CrossFit workouts in my opinion. Super happy that my trainer recommended them to me.”
Does it sound like the right pair of workout shoes for you? You can easily find them on Amazon. Check now for all the size, color and style options:
Are These Shoes Ideal for CrossFit?
If you take a look around your CrossFit box, or ask your trainer, you’ll find that there are a ton of options for what to wear on your feet during a WOD. You may consider using everything from lightweight, barefoot style shoes to heavier weightlifting shoes.
However, most people stick with cross-training shoes, or specialized CrossFit shoes like the Reebok Nano 8 or No Bull Trainers. That’s because during a workout, you may encounter everything from sprints, to box jumps, rope climbs and of course, some weightlifting. You’ll want a versatile shoe that can stand up the challenge of such a varied workout.
In this regard, the Asics Met Conviction certainly stands up the challenge. It’s tough, durable and well suited to a wide range of activities. You’ll find that it’s stable enough for lifting, light enough for sprints and has enough lateral support for quick, dynamic movements.
Compare CrossFit Shoes
There are a number of CrossFit shoes that you may also want to consider besides this one from Asics. Here are some of the best ones on the market today:
What about the Asics Conviction X 2?
Asics has now come out with the update version of this shoe. You can find out all the details about the new and improved version here:
Have your Say about this Asics Conviction Cross Training Shoe Review
What are your thoughts about the Asics Conviction X training shoe? Are you considering this one, or another brand or trainer? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API