If you’re looking for a pair of top-quality women’s cross-trainers, then the Ryka Devotion XT sneakers make a nice choice. Read our buying guide, packed with information to help you decide if they’re the right choice for you.
- Antimicrobial Ortholite footbed
- Lightweight molded EVA features a full length RE-ZORB platform; External pod network between midsole...
- 8-Piece radiuses skeletal rubber works simultaneously with the RE-ZORB midsole and cobblestone...
An Introduction to the Ryka Devotion XT Cross Trainer
If you’ve never tried Ryka Shoes before, you should! The company makes exclusively women’s shoes and the second you put them on your feet, you’ll likely notice a big difference. Instead of just being smaller versions of men’s shoes, they’re made from female specific molds and feature an anatomical design.
What does this mean for you with the Ryka Devotion Shoe? It means a trainer that will just fit you really well and be super comfortable. You’ll find that they work well for a variety of gym workouts, including HIIT, CrossFit, Zumba, Insanity workouts and just about anything for that matter.
Here are just a few of the things we like about them.
- Light in weight
- Comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time
- Pivot point allows you to change directions easily
- Grippy rubber outsole
- Fits true to size
- Superior shock absorbency
- Wide sizing option available
- Neutral arch support
- EVA midsole
- RE-ZORB drop in sole for a comfortable feel
- Mesh upper keeps feet cool and comfortable
- Antimicrobial insole
- Lace-up closure
- Padded tongue and plus collar
- Heel counter keeps feet steady during workouts
You can easily find this top-quality cross trainer from Ryka on Amazon. Check now for the best prices and to learn more about them on Amazon:
Ryka Devotion Pros:
- A ton of support
- Nice, tight fit
- Available in two width sizes (regular and wide)
- Women’s specific fit
- Advanced technology
- Pivot point for multi-directional movement
Ryka Devotion Cons:
- Tongue slipped around too much for some people
- Toe box is on the smaller side
- Some issues with durability
What do People Think about the Ryka Devotion Shoe?
“I’ve been buying Ryka workout shoes for years now and have to say the Devotion XT is maybe my favorite pair yet. They have a TON of cushioning in them, but are still very light in weight. The pivot point thing really does work well and I find that I’m able to change directions really quickly and easily. Basically, a ton of nice features that make these a very comfortable gym workout shoe.”
“So much cushioning that it’s kind of like walking on marshmallows, but in a good way. There’s also a nice fit to them so even though they’re supportive, my feet don’t slide around. I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes have helped to cure it. Thanks s0 much Ryka!”
Are Ryka Devotion Shoes Ideal for CrossFit?
If you take a look around your CrossFit box, or ask your trainer, you’ll find that there are a huge variety of options for what you can wear on your feet. You’ll find everything from barefoot shoes to heavier weightlifting shoes.
That said, most people stick with someone in the middle, either CrossFit shoes, or cross-trainers like these ones from Ryka. The reason for this is that you might encounter a ton of different activities during a typical WOD. Everything from sprints or other cardio to lifting, jumping or climbing. You’ll want a shoe that’s up to the challenge of such a varied workout and a crosstrainer is able to handle all of these things in style.
What about the Ryka Devotion XT? Does it work well for CrossFit workouts? As an all-round shoe, it can certainly handle just about anything you throw at it. However, where is falls slightly short is for the rope climbs. Regular trainers like these ones without some sort of rope guard can get torn up easily on this exercise.
It’s for this reason that we recommend these CrossFit specific shoes:
Can I Run in the Ryka Devotion XT Cross-Trainers?
A common question that people have is whether or not cross-trainers are ideal for running in? That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked!
If you’re looking for a pair of shoes to run your next marathon in, then the Ryka Devotion shoes probably aren’t it. They are slightly heavier than you’d want in a pair of runners, and the heel to toe drop is also too low. This is because they’re designed for stability when lifting, as well as support for lateral movements.
If you run seriously, you’ll want a shoe that’s only designed for forward movement. You can find out top recommendations here:
- Nike Womens Lunarglide 8 Runing Trainers 843726 Sneakers Shoes
What about the Ryka Devo XT Mid Cross Trainer?
If you’re looking for a mid-cut cross-trainer for women, then you’ll want to consider the Ryka Devotion Mid-Cut. It’s very similar to this shoe that we’ve just reviewed, but it’s higher in the ankle and can offer a ton of support. People that have feet or ankle problems rave about these shoes, so be sure to give them a try.
- Gradient fade on breathable mesh with heel and midfoot webbing lock down systems.
- Anatomical Precise-Return footbed
- Lightweight molded EVA features a full length RE-ZORB drop -in. External RE-ZORB LITE pod network...
- Eight Piece radiused skeletal rubber works simultaneously with the RE-ZORB LITE midsole and pivot...
The Takeaway on the Ryka Devotion Trainers
If you’re looking for a pair of top-notch workout or gym shoes that can do it all, then you’ll want to consider the Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Cross Trainer. They excel at a variety of movements, including jumps, runs, lifts, climbs and more. They’re an all-round shoe that has a ton of support and cushioning.
Combine that with the excellent user reviews and you certainly have a winner. It’s for these reason that the Ryka Devotion XT Sneakers are one of our top picks for women’s workout shoes.
Get yours Today
Do you want to find out more about these top-quality Ryka training shoes? Click the button below to check for the best prices on Amazon:
Have your Say about this Ryka Devotion XT Review
What are your thoughts about the Ryka Devotion sneakers? Are they one of your top picks, or are you considering another brand of women’s shoes? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It’ll help other workout enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Anne Calderson (see all)
- Best CrossFit Shoes for Overpronators: Which Shoes are Right For You? - September 29, 2019
- New Balance Women’s WX711 Cross-Trainer Review - August 28, 2019
- The Best CrossFit Jump Rope: Top 5 Picks for Speed Ropes - August 23, 2019
Last update on 2019-10-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API