If you’re looking for a top pair of shoes for your next Insanity workout, then you’re in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on the best insanity trainers to help you stay safe and free from injuries. Oh yeah, you can look good doing it too!
Best Shoes for Insanity
Here’s a sneak peak at the best shoes for Insanity workouts:
- Nike Metcon 5
- Reebok Nano 8
- Reebok Nano 9
- Nike Metcon 4
- New Balance Minimus Cross Trainers
- Reebok CrossFit Speed
- Asics Met Conviction
- Ryka Women’s Influence Trainers
- Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit Training Shoes
- Xero Barefoot Shoes
- Under Armour Commit Cross Trainer
- Nike Metcon Repper DSX
- Nobull Trainers
- Reebok CrossFit Grace
- Inov-8 F-Lite 240
- Nike Free X Metcon
- Puma Tazon 6 Fracture
- Ryka Devotion XT Trainers for Women
Nike Metcon 5
If you’re looking for the best shoes for a T25 workout, then the Nike Metcon 5s should definitely be at the top of your list. They are a serious shoe for serious athletes and can handle a bit of everything in style. The firm heel with TPU heel clip makes them ideal for lifting while the more flexible toe box means they are better than any of their predecessors at sprinting.
- Available in a variety of colors and styles
- Nice, snug fit
- Stiff heel and wide platform makes them ideal for lifting
- TPU heel clip
- Flywire lacing system
- Raised sidewalls protect the feet during rope climbs and add some durability
- Flexible forefoot means that you can do some light running in them
- Reinforced tongue
- Haptic layer on the upper is breathable, but durable
- Great traction on the outsole
- Hyperlift add-on helps you get deeper into squats
- Dual density midsole provides a ton of support and cushioning
- 4 mm heel to toe drop
- Neutral arch support
What do People Think about the Nike Metcon 5?
“Nice and comfortable and a good all-round training shoe for any sort of indoor workout. I bought them to replace my Metcon 2’s and these ones are noticeably better.”
“So, so much better for lifting workouts than regular running shoes. They are super stable, have a great grip on the floor and best of all, just feel good on my feet, even at the end of a tough workout. Plus, they’re flexible enough to feel comfortable during sprints or a warmup on a treadmill for example.”
“A great combination of stable and flexible, and perfect for HIIT, Insanity, T25 or CrossFit. They’re certainly not the pair of shoes to run a marathon in, but for gym workouts? Awesome and I’m so happy that I decided to give these ones a try.”
Where Can I Buy Them?
Do they sound like the right pair of shoes for your next workout? You can easily find them online. Click the button below to check for the best prices and don’t forget to see if they’re eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Reebok Nano 8
One of the top pick for insanity shoes is the Reebok CrossFit Nano 8. It’s a cross training shoe that’s specially designed for CrossFit. This means it can handle sprints, box jumps, climbing, and lifting in style. Here are a few of the things we love about it.
- Low-cut design
- Nano-weave upper make them breathable
- CMEVA midsole
- Bootie construction for a superior fit
- Forefoot flex grooves
- High abrasion outsole
- Toe tection for added durability
“Comfortable and flexible, and also very light in weight. I use mine for insanity and T25 workouts and find that the Reebok Nano works super well.”
“Only had them for a few weeks, but they may just be my favourite pair of gym shoes. Ideal for squats and deadlifts, but flexible enough for sprints, and enough cushioning for jumps. Can’t really do better than that I think.”
Does it sound like the right pair of workout shoes for you? Learn more about them on Amazon and to check for the best deals that include free shipping:
Reebok Nano 8 Review
Do you want to find out more about this popular training shoe from Reebok? Then you’ll need to check out the Nano 8 review video right here:
Reebok Nano 9
- Designed for: Varied CrossFit WODs
- Low-cut design for added mobility
- Closure Type: Lace Up
The Reebok Nano 9 has just been released, with much anticipation and excitement from CrossFit an insanity workout enthusiasts. It was expected to be an improvement upon the very popular Nano 8, and so far, it hasn’t disappointed.
Some people like it so much that they’re even calling it the best CrossFit shoe of all-time! Let’s find out what people like about it so much and whether or not they’re the best shoes for insanity.
How does the Nano 9 Differ from the 8?
- Extra cushioning in the midsole makes them better for running
- Protection wrap midsole makes them more durable, as well as stable
- Two piece outsole makes them more flexible
Key Features of the Reebok Nano 9
- 4 mm heel to toe drop
- Metaslip design
- Wide toe box
- Flexweave upper in a figure-8 design
- Classic vector logo on the side
- More cushioning in the midsole compared to previous models
- Midfoot wrap made from soft rubber comes up the sides to add stability and make them more durable
- More cushioning in the forefoot
- Bootie like construction and fit
- Forefoot flex grooves
- Low-cut design
- Variety of color and size options
What do People Think about Them?
“I’ve tried a few different Reebok Nano versions now and have to say, this is probably one of my favourites. It’s decent for running in, thanks to the new design on the sole. And, I love the added wrap up the midsole that makes them super durable and also stable for serious lifting. In my opinion, they’re the best shoes for p90x3 on the market today.”
“Probably the most comfortable cross training shoe to wear for long periods or time. I’ve worn them for hours when out doing errands or whatever and my feet feel great. They’re very breathable thanks to the added Flexweave. Dare I say it, the ultimate insanity trainers?”
“A nice shoe for all kinds of gym workouts, including insanity. If you like to lift weights, but do some cardio, plyometrics, rope jumping, etc. then you should seriously consider the Nano 9.”
You can easily find these top quality sneakers online. Click the button below to check for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping:
Nike Metcon 4
- Flywire built into the lacing system helps keep the foot secure and locked into place.
- A heel clip helps stabilizes during side-to-side movements.
- Firm rubber outsole hugs the midfoot for added support during rope exercises.
- Sticky rubber outsole delivers optimal traction and grip and delivers long-lasting durability and...
- Fully cushioned collar with a slim and flexible tongue.
Next up on our list is the Nike Metcon 4, a top-quality cross-trainer that’s super popular for CrossFit, T25 or P90X3 workouts. It’s tough, durable and has a nice mix of cushioning, flexibility and breathability. Basically everything you need to get through a super tough workout in style.
Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Mesh upper make them more breathable than previous versions
- Flywire lacing system to lock your feet into place
- Cushioned collar and tongue
- Firm heel counter to reduce drag on wall exercises
- Heel clip for lateral stability
- Excellent traction from the sole
- Designed for high impact workouts
“So cool…I get lots of compliments on the looks of these shoes every single time I wear them. Plus, they’re light and airy, not so common for an insanity workout shoe.”
“I traded in my NB Minimus shoes for these and am happy that I did. I thought they’d be heavy, but they actually have kind of a barefoot feel to them. Love the minimal heel toe drop. Perfect for my T25 workouts.”
Where Can I Get Them?
You can easily find these shoes online. Check now for the lowest prices on workout shoes:
Nike Metcon 4 Review
The Metcon 4 is one of the top choices for this style of high intensity workouts. Check out this short video to find out why:
New Balance Minimus Training Shoes
Another top pick for is the New Balance Minimus. It’s kind of like a barefoot shoe in regular shoe form. What it comes out being is super light in weight, but still having a little bit of arch support and shock absorption. Many people who use New Balance Minimus shoes call them the best ones that they’re ever tried.
- REVLite midsole foam
- One of the lightest cross trainers
- Removable insert
- Meta support
- Mesh, seamless upper is very comfortable
- Vibram outsole is strong, but flexible
“I bought these for p90x, but liked them so much that I now use them for everything, including errands and going out with friends. Seriously they’re probably the best pair of athletic shoes that I’ve ever owned.”
“Nice looking and flat enough that you can use them weightlifting. Considering it’s a minimal shoe, it has a nice amount of arch support and cushioning. Nice job New Balance!”
Where to Buy Them?
You can easily find them online at Amazon. Take a look at the description and reviews to learn more about them:
Reebok CrossFit Speed
Another one from Reebok, the CrossFit speed is very light in weight, and is in fact the lightest CrossFit shoe from this company. This make them ideal for insanity or T25 workouts where speed, smooth transitions and basically just quick feet are vital.
Despite being lightweight, they have a nice level of support and cushioning ability. We love how breathable and cool they are as well…after all, nobody likes hot, sweaty, stinky feet and shoes at the end of a workout, right?
- Lighter than other Reebok CrossFit shoes
- Ultra-soft, response, shock-absorbing foam
- Metasplit flex grooves which increases stability
- Smooth transitions and capable of explosive power
- TPU piece allows sliding during handstands
- ROPEPRO for rope climbing
- Breathable and will keep your feet cool and dry
- Low-cut design for added ankle flexibility
What People Think About the Reebok CrossFit Speed Sneakers
“Until now, I’ve been using running shoes for all my workouts. But, I decided to get these for jumping rope (check out our picks for a Jump Rope for CrossFit here), kettlebell workouts and CrossFits. MAN, what a huge difference they make! Love the lower heel height on them—they’re just so much more stable. Plus, they’re almost as light as running shoes.”
“Perfect fit and color. I get lots of people asking about them when I wear them to the gym. I use mine for high intensity interval training: burpees, box jumps, plyo training, jumping rope, etc.”
“They just work great for my body in terms of being able to move quickly from exercise to exercise. Very happy with them!”
Where to Buy Them
You can easily find out more details about them online. Click on the shop now button to find out more about this popular insanity workout shoe:
Asics Met Conviction Training Shoes
- RhynoSkin Synthetic Leather: An abrasion and tear resistant synthetic leather for increased upper...
- Perforated Sockliner: Optimizes moisture drainage and improves breathability.
- Integrated Lace Garage: Complies with rules regarding laces.
- Seamless Construction: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and...
Next up our list of the best Insanity Workout Shoes is the Asics Met Conviction. There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider it, including the midsole which helps with bounceback and increases durability.
Plus, the sockliner is extremely comfortable and breathable. If you suffer from hot, sweaty feet, then this might be your T25 workout sneaker of choice. Read on to learn more about them:
- Lacing system that keeps them out of the way after you tie them
- EVA midsole for superior cushioning
- High abrasion, rubber outsole for increased durability
- Sockliner increases comfort and also wicks away moisture from the feet
- Advanced technology
What Do People Think About the Asics Met Conviction Cross Trainer?
“Pretty flat and definitely have a different feel from the running shoes that I was previous wearing. But, for gym workouts, I’m a lot happier with them, especially with the squats. They were one of the top recommendations from my trainer and I’m happy she mentioned them!”
“Lightweight and don’t have a ton of extra bulk in them like the Reebok Nano shoes. They don’t offer a lot of cushioning, but I’m not running in them so I don’t find this to be a big negative. Overall, I’m super happy with them and think they’re probably one of my favourite cross-trainers of all time!”
“Great experience with these for my insanity workouts, and they’ve for sure helped me improve my health and athletic performance.”
You can easily find this top-quality training shoe online. Check now for the lowest prices on Amazon.com and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping:
Ryka Women’s Influence Training Shoes
- Padded tongue and collar
- Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse support layers
- Precise-Return bouncy insole
- Dual density foam midsole with high impact N-Gage EVA energy return provides shape retention and...
- Traction outsole with footprint design
Another pick for the best shoes for insanity are these training shoes from Ryka. They’re made specifically for women and many people find that they fit better than shoes that are just a smaller, narrower version of men’s shoes. Try them out for yourself and you’ll probably notice the difference as well during your P90X3 workouts.
- Grippy rubber sole
- Unique lace-up system
- Padded tongue and collar
- Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse layers for additional support
- Responsive insole
- Pivot point traction system
- Narrow heel designed for women
- Roomy in the toe box
- Mesh upper for great breathability
- Dual impact midsole for superior shock absorption
- Nice color and style options
Customer Reviews for the Ryka Women’s Influence Training Shoes
“With high arches and a narrow heel, it’s quite difficult for me to find sports shoes that don’t leave my feet super sore by the end of a workout. I was pleasantly surprised by these ones and my feet are still happy after a few months with them. I’ll be ordering another pair when these ones wear out (no signs yet though, they’re quite durable).”
“For the price, they work extremely well and I’m super happy with them. I use them at the gym for CrossFit workouts, as well as sports with the kids and walking.”
“I’m on my feet all day for work as an ER nurse so I need a pair of shoes that can stand up to the test. These ones? After a 12 hour shift my feet don’t ache which is good enough for me.”
Where to Get Them?
Do they sound like the best shoes for P90X? You can learn more about them on Amazon.com. Shop now for the best prices:
Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit Training Shoes
Another top choice for insanity workout shoes is the Metcon DSX Flyknit. It’s a top-quality training shoe designed for indoor workouts like these ones. Here are just a few of the features that we love about them:
- 6 mm heel toe drop
- Eco friendly construction
- Bootie like fit
- Heel clip
- Breathable mesh upper
- Nice level of cushioning
Customer Reviews for the Metcon DSX Fly Knit
“I decided to give these a try after using No bull trainers which were great for lifting but not for running or jumping, basically all the other stuff that you’d encounter during a CrossFit workout. I’m super happy with them. Still great for the weights, but a bit more flexible for cardio or box jumps.”
“Nice and comfy, especially for lifting and rope climbing. So far, durable as well after a few months with them now.”
“Maybe my all-time favourite pair of CrossFit shoes, far better than the Reebok Nano 8 that I’d previously been using. Also prefer this to the Nike Metcon 4. Seriously, it’s probably the best pair of cross-trainers that I’ve ever had on my feet!”
They are definitely a top pick for P90x3 or T25 workouts. You can find out more about these popular training shoes on Amazon:
Xero Barefoot Shoes
- The lightweight, flexible performance shoe for road running, trail running, fitness, CrossFit,...
- Foot-first design. Wide toe boxes let your toes spread and relax. Zero-drop, non-elevated sole for...
- Low-to-the-ground for balance and agility. The flexible sole lets your feet bend and move naturally.
- FeelTrue sole gives you great traction, protection, and the stimulation and feedback your feet and...
- IMPORTANT SIZING NOTE: As of August 20, 2019 the Prio was resized to fit "true to size." We...
Another top pick for insanity style workouts is this minimal or barefoot shoes, like the Xero Prio. Although shoes with a zero heel to toe drop are not for everybody, some people swear by them and will not work out in any other kind of shoe.
Of the barefoot shoes, one of our top picks are Xero Shoes. They are well-made, durable and have a very nice, roomy design that’s comfortable on the feet even for hours of wear.
As with any minimal shoe though, start small and work your way up to using them for things like running more than a few minutes, or an entire workout. Wear them around the house for a week or two, then go for walks or do light workouts in them. If they’re still working well for you, use them like regular workout shoes. This will help to prevent injuries.
- 5.5 mm TrueFeel rubber allows you to get feedback from the ground
- Optional 2 mm insole. Take it out if you want a more “barefoot” feel
- Around 7 ounces in weight, far lighter than some traditional cross-trainers or runners
- Secure fit with heel and instep straps
- For use with, or without socks
- 100% vegan friendly materials
- 5000 mile sole warranty
- Not waterproof but highly breathable and should dry very quickly
- 45-day return policy
- Excellent customer service
“The sole is simple, but durable and they also have a nice warranty on it as well. The general design is nice and although the shoe is kind of roomy, my feet feel pretty secure in them. I use them for quick jogs, at the gym for insanity workouts, and when doing errands or playing sports with the kids. I’d definitely buy another pair!”
“Very well made and also quite comfortable. They’re roomier and wider than other barefoot style shoes. Please note: they really do run quite small so pay attention to that fact when you’re ordering them. I made that mistake and had to do an exchange (free in the US).”
“Impressed and unlike most other minimal shoes I’ve tried, these ones don’t have any big issues as far as I can see. I like the little bit of padding, which means that you can use them on just about any surface, including on the trail or at the gym for a p90x3 workout. The way they’re designed with the zero drop means they’re just easier on the body.”
Get Yours Today
You can easily find these top-quality minimalist training shoes from the company website. Click the button below to learn more about them, and why they may work for your next T25 workout:
Under Armour Commit Cross Trainers
- Breathable mesh upper is lightweight, flexible & durable
- Leather saddle provides forefoot stability & support
- Die cut, full length 4D Foam sockliner for added comfort & a custom fit
- Full length Charged Cushioning midsole provides the ultimate in responsive cushioning
- Strategically placed rubber traction covers high impact zones of the outsole for greater durability...
We all know that Under Armour is famous for making some top-notch athletic gear, including shorts, socks and shirts. However, they’ve recently entered the footwear market and are quickly becoming a popular choice. Is the UA Commit one of the best shoes for T25? Keep on reading to find out!
- Long-lasting and durable
- Well fitting for a wide majority of people
- Supportive and cushioning for dynamic activities
- Interesting color combinations and styles
- Lightweight and ideal for shorts run or jumps
- Ample cushioning and shock absorption
What do People Think About the UA Commit Trainers?
“High quality shoes that both look and feel great. Whenever I wear them to the gym, I get a ton of compliments on them. A ton of support for CrossFit, jumping rope, HIIT workouts including p90x3, etc.”
“Ideal for training is you don’t want a perfectly flat shoe as these do have a bit of arch support in them. Nice snug feel to them and while they aren’t ideal for long distance running, they do well as anything at the gym. Probably the best shoes for t25 that I’ve ever used.”
“Light in weight, breathable and comfortable. Plus, have a nice degree of support and cushioning for my insanity workouts. Also around half the price of some of the ridiculously expensive CrossFit shoes so I’m definitely very happy with my purchase!”
Where Can I Get Them?
Do they sound like the right pair of T25 shoes for your next workout? You can find them easily on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the lowest prices on UA shoes and apparel.
Nike Metcon Repper DSX Training Shoes
- ON-DEMAND SUPPORT. Super-strong, ultralight Flywire cables integrate with the laces and tighten with...
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING. Foam cushioning offers lightweight comfort as you lift, jump, climb and run.
- STABLE PLATFORM. The shoe's flat heel helps you feel stable and connected to the ground during...
- Mesh offers breathable support.
- Solid rubber sole provides excellent traction.
Another top pick for insanity, T25, or p90x3 workouts is the Nike Metcon Repper DSX. It has a ton of features that may make them the ultimate shoe for this style of workout. Do you want to find out why? Then keep on reading for all the details you need to know.
- Soft cushioning
- 6mm heel toe drop
- 3mm increase in midsole cushioning from previous model
- Outsole flex grooves provide natural movements
- Lightweight Phylon cushioning
- Ortholite insole
- TPU overlays
- Flat heel and interior counter for brilliant stability
- Really strong Flywire cables that create a solid lockdown
- Moderate arch support
- Attractive appearance and design
What do People Think About Them?
“A bit more flexible than other Metcons in my opinion, which makes them a bit nicer for workouts where you have some cardio or sprinting. Still durable and strong enough for rope climbing or lifting. In my opinion, probably the best shoes for insanity from Nike.”
“Comparable to the Reebok CrosssFit Speed in my opinion. A cross training shoe that’s light and flexible enough for running in too. I use mine for T25 workouts and find that they’re a exactly what I need.”
“Excellent traction and nice level of stability for heavy lifting. More padding than my Metcon 2’s and maybe the best pair of gym shoes that I’ve ever worn. Nicely done Nike!”
You can easily find these top-quality insanity workout shoes on Amazon. Click below to check for the lowest prices and also to see if these shoes are eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
NoBull Training Shoes
- Run, climb, slide, grind, lift....these kicks have you covered. Lightweight, breathable and flexible...
- The upper of the Trainer features a seamless one-piece construction of SuperFabric, an extremely...
- The SuperFabric guard plates are applied on a highly flexible mesh base layer, creating a 360 degree...
- The outsole lug pattern was designed for multi-environment usage, allowing for an easy transition...
- High carbon lateral and medial guards for added protection on sidewalls.
One of the top shoes to come onto the market in recent years are these ones from Nobull. They’re kind of unlike anything we’ve seen before and they really excel at any sort of gym workout, including T24, P90X3, or Insanity. Here are some more details about why we like them so much:
- High carbon lateral and medial for extra protection on sidewalls
- A seamless, one-piece upper that’s made of SuperFabric – a breathable, durable and abrasion-resistant material
- The outside lug pattern has been designed for multi-environmental uses that allow for easy transition between outside and inside with the right mix of traction, flexibility, and support
- Medial rope grip for added secure footing on rope climbs
- The strong heel cup, enabling you to keep your foot in place during heavy lifts
- Variety of stylish colors and styles that you can wear all day (plus they’re comfortable enough too!)
- Heavy duty construction
- These trainers offer a ton of support
- Ideal for power lifting with the stable platform
What do People Think About Them?
“I’ve seen friend after friend convert to these shoes at my local gym, after making the switch from Nike Metcons or the Reebok Nano. This convinced me to give them a try and I’m very happy that I did. They feel great for lifting, are better than Metcons for running and they are just as good as my Inov-8s for rope climbs. Kind of the perfect insanity shoe.”
“I have long, thin feet and have never really found a pair of workout shoes as comfortable as these ones. I do 4-5 high intensity workouts a week so need something that stands up to a serious beating. These ones certainly do that. I’ve been using them for around six months now and they’re only just now showing some small signs of wear and tear.”
“Not great for long-distance running, but they’re perfect for gym workouts of all kinds. The low heel toe drop is perfect for squats, deadlifts, lunges, etc. and then cushioning works well for cardio or sprints. I made the switch from the Nike Metcon 4 and find that these ones breathe a bit better because of the fabric.”
Where Can I Get Them?
Do they sound like the right pair of shoes for you? You can find them on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices and to learn more:
Reebok CrossFit Grace for Women
- Reebook Shoes
Another choice for the best shoes for insanity is the Reebok CrossFit Grace for Women. They’re light in weight, durable and most importantly, offer a ton of support and stability for a tough workout. The 4 mm heel toe differential is ideal for this style of workout as you can lift weights easily, but still have enough height to handle some jumping and running.
Here are some of the things we love about them:
- Good for insanity, HIIT and other gym workouts
- Low-cut design
- Molded sockliner for added comfort
- Grippy rubber outsole offers great traction and is abrasion proof
- Toe Tection adds durability in the toe box
- Flex grooves in the misdole area
- Mesh upper for increasing airflow
- Heel tab for easy entry
Women with wider feet really liked the expanded toe box of the CrossFit Grace. In fact, one reviewer with aching bunions also said that this is the only shoe that she could workout with as it took most of her discomfort away. Most athletes loved the Rope Pro+ feature that improved their rope climbs due to the innovative rubber midsole wrap.
“Very comfortable and work well for all the things you’d normally do during a tough workout: running, jumping, climbing, lifting. I especially the rope pro grip—they’re just so much easier to climb in that other pairs of cross-training shoes I’ve tried.”
“Super durable, especially when you consider the beating they take during a typical WOD. They have extra padding in all the right places. The tread is pretty fierce and I never worry about stability at all.”
“A bit lighter than the Nano 8’s, but still stable enough for lifting some serious weight. Because they’re lighter, they are a bit better for running workouts. But, in reality, they’re all all-round shoe that can handle just about anything you throw at them, including Insanity Workouts!”
Where Can I Buy Them?
You can find these top training shoes for women on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more about them:
Inov-8 F-Lite 240: One of Best Shoes for T25
- For fitness workouts, crossfit, weightlifting, running
- Meta-flex technology allows natural flexing in the forefoot, while the met-cradle lacing system...
- Rope-tec delivers traction and durability on rope climbs
If you’re looking for a pair of shoes for T25 workouts, then look no further than the Inov 8 F-Lite 240. We love these shoes here at this website and they are one of our top-rated Crosstrainers. Besides being light and durable, they’re sturdy enough to take a beating and come out looking great on the other side.
Here are just a few of the things we like so much about them.
- Rope-tec for extra durability and traction on rope climbing
- EVA midsole for extra stability and cushioning
- Meta-flex technology allows a degree of flexibility in the forefoot
- Meta-cradle lacing systems keeps the foot and heel secure
- Grippy rubber outsole for good grip on the floor, or on a variety or surfaces
- Mesh upper for excellent air flow and increased breathability
- Fits true to size
- Lots of grip and stability
- Nice look and feel to them
What do People Think About Them?
“These are a really nice pair of insanity shoes that are ideal for a wide variety of activities that you might encounter during one of these workouts. They have enough cushioning for sprints and warm-ups, are great for lifting, work for jumps, wall handstands and rope climbs. I’m super happy with the recommendation from my trainer to try these out.”
“I bought a pair of these for circuit training and find that they work very well. They’re kind of the ultimate all-around gym shoe and the best thing is the reasonable price. I appreciate the hard soles that protect my feet very well.”
“They work very well for jumping, lifting and plyometrics. I used to need orthotics for my old Brooks but these ones have enough arch support that I’ve taken them out. I know that they’re for gym workouts, but I use mine for light trail and road running too.”
Get Yours Today
You can easily find these top-quality insanity trainers on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the best prices and to learn more:
Nike Free X Metcon: The Best Shoes for P90X3?
- Midfoot cage locks your foot in place without restricting movement.
- Rubber wraps up the sides to help resist abrasion during rope climbs
- Foam midsole has a firmer foam carrier for comfortable cushioning where you need it and stability...
- Deep grooves along the outsole allow the shoe to flex and expand in every direction for a...
Can’t decide between two of Nike’s most popular crosstrainers, the Metcon and the Free? Worry no more! Now you can get the Free X Metcon which is a hybrid and combines the best qualities from both of them.
Sounds awesome, right? It is, and these shoes are certainly one of our top picks for T25 or other similar styles of workouts. Why do we like the Nike Free X Metcons so much? Keep on reading to learn more.
- TPU mesh upper is both flexible and durable
- Dual-density midsole adds support and stability
- Flex grooves help you make natural transitions
- Flywire technology in the laces for added support
- Comfortable boot design
- 5 mm heel to toe drop
- Sock-like fit
- Work well for most gym workouts, movements and exercises
- Heel wrap for extra support
Customer Reviews for the Nike Free X Metcon
“So happy that I decided to give these shoes a chance. They’re probably the most comfortable workouts sneakers that I’ve ever tried. I wear mine for gym workouts, as well as T25 workouts and they are pretty amazing. I’ve always found the Reebok Nano shoes a bit stiff, but these are the opposite of that, nice and flexible.”
“I have a difficult time finding shoes for my weird feet. I have high arches a very narrow heel. These ones felt comfortable from the second that I put them on. Enough support in the arch and the lacing systems locks my heels into place. Perfect for all kinds of sports and gym workouts.”
“Nice design and colors, comfortable, cool and supportive. Not much more you could want in a workout shoe. Really happy with the Nike Free X Metcons! Kind of cool that they’ve combined their two popular shoes into one! It just works in a great way for my workouts and I totally recommend them to anyone who does gym stuff.”
Get Yours Today
You can easily find these top-quality insanity trainers online. Click the button to learn more about them on Amazon. Oh yeah, and don’t forget to check and see if they’re eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Puma Tazon 6: The Best Shoes for Insanity Workout?
Another top choice for a HIIT workout is the Puma Tazon Fracture training shoes. Like all Puma products, these shoes are made to exacting standards.
What does this mean for you? It’s mean that they’re a shoe that can stand up to the toughest workout you throw at it. And come through it with style. They’re durable, perform well during lateral motion and also give you the stability you need for lifting. Here’s why they’re one of our favourite pairs of insanity trainers.
- Durable rubber sole
- Lace-up style
- Ideal for CrossFit, cross-training, HIIT workouts, and other gym workouts
- Mesh upper for great breathability
- EcoOrthoLite sockliner
- Lots of cushioning in the midsole due to the foam cell technology
- TPU shank adds lots of stability
- High level of protection in the mid foot area
- Soft and flexible insole that’s comfortable but not too squishy
“I bought these for my work that requires plain black shoes and I couldn’t be happier. My feet are snug and comfortable and they don’t feel as fatigued at the end of a long day (I’m a main carrier). They strike a nice balance between cushioning and flexibility and I was able to break them in no time.”
‘They are very nice looking (plain color), but I found them to be a little tight in the toe box. Also, the insole is very thin and not great quality. I recommend replacing it with your own, and then you’ll love these things as a general cross training shoe. I’ve used them for some insanity workouts and had good results.”
“I weight almost 300 pounds so find that my shoes break down pretty quickly. I wear them at work, in the evenings and just around town. These ones have stood up to some wear and tear better than some of the other sneakers I’ve tried.”
Do they sound like the right shoes for P90X3 workouts? Check them out on Amazon to find the best prices:
Ryka Devotion Cross Training Shoe for Women
- Antimicrobial Ortholite footbed
- Lightweight molded EVA features a full length RE-ZORB platform; External pod network between midsole...
- 8-Piece radiuses skeletal rubber works simultaneously with the RE-ZORB midsole and cobblestone...
- closure type: Lace Up
If you’re looking for a pair of trainers that are ideal for Insanity workouts, then you’ll want to consider the Ryka Devotion Shoes. They’re made specifically for females and most women find that they fit them better than regular shoes which are just a smaller version of the male design.
Try out the Ryka brand for yourself and we’re confident that you’ll probably notice a big difference as well. These trainers are light in weight, designed for multidirectional movement and offer a ton of support for lifting, not to mention the grippy rubber outsole. In short, just about everything you could possibly want in a pair of T25 shoes for women.
- Light in weight
- Comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time
- Pivot point allows you to change directions easily
- Grippy rubber outsole
- Fits true to size
- Superior shock absorbency
- Wide sizing option available
- Neutral arch support
- EVA midsole
- RE-ZORB drop in sole for a comfortable feel
- Mesh upper keeps feet cool and comfortable
- Antimicrobial insole
- Lace-up closure
- Padded tongue and plus collar
- Heel counter keeps feet steady during workouts
“I’ve been buying Ryka workout shoes for years now and have to say the Devotion XT is maybe my favorite pair yet. They have a TON of cushioning in them, but are still very light in weight. The pivot point thing really does work well and I find that I’m able to change directions really quickly and easily. Basically, a ton of nice features that make these a very comfortable gym workout shoe.”
“Ideal for just about anything you might want to do in the gym, or for workouts at home including Insanity, HIIT, jumps, lifting, cardio, etc.”
“So much cushioning that it’s kind of like walking on marshmallows, but in a good way. There’s also a nice fit to them so even though they’re supportive, my feet don’t slide around. I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes have helped to cure it. Thanks s0 much Ryka!”
Get your Todays
Do you want to find out more about the Ryka Devotion XT trainers for women? You’ll want to check them out for yourself over on Amazon:
Can I Use Running Shoes for P90X3 Workouts?
A common question that people have is whether or not they can use running shoes for Insanity or T25 workouts. Let’s start by explaining the key differences between running shoes and cross-training shoes.
Heel Toe Differential
The biggest difference between these two kind of shoes is the heel toe differential. Running shoes have a difference of more than 10mm, while trainers are around 5mm. Think about it this way.
Running shoes are designed for forward movement, so a higher heel can propel you forward. However, for weightlifting, you’ll want a flatter platform, particularly for squats or deadlifts. That’s why cross-training shoes are much flatter.
Because Insanity workouts are far more than just long distance running, you’ll want a pair of more versatile cross trainers.
Support and Cushioning
Running shoes have a lot of cushioning for running. However, they’re not really designed for things like jumping and don’t have a l0t of support for this kind of activity.
Trainers are less ideal for running, but are an all-round shoe that can handle a bunch of kinds of activities, which makes them a better choice for T25 workouts.
Designed for What Kind of Movement
Running shoes are obviously designed for one motion: forward movement. CrossFit sneakers are more versatile and can handle up and down and lateral motion too.
Because T25 and P90 Workouts are so varied, you’ll want to stick with a crosstrainer.
What Should I Look for in a Pair of p90x3 Shoes?
That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked. We have a number of factors that you’ll want to consider for a high impact workout like this one. Here are the most important ones.
#1: Shock Absorbency and Cushioning
For this kind of workout, you’ll want a shoe that does a good job at protecting your body from impact when sprinting, or jumping. Look for a decent level of cushioning in the midsole area especially.
#2: Designed for Lateral Movements
Running shoes are designed solely for forward motion. However, a t25 workout requires a ton of side to side movements, so you’ll want a shoe with some stability to help you handle this.
Of course you don’t want to drop more than a hundred bucks on a pair of shoes only to have them fall apart after a couple of months. Check user reviews and you’ll get a pretty good indication if the shoe is durable, or not.
#4: Heel Toe Drop
Walking and running shoes have a heel to toe differential of around 10 mm, while lifting shoes have almost none. A good shoe for px90 or t25 or a similar type of workout will fall somewhere in the middle, around 5-6 mm. You may think it’s a small difference, but it actually matters significantly.
#5: Light in Weight
When you’re doing dynamic movements, the last thing you want is a ton of weight on your feet. Choose a sneaker that’s lightweight so that you can perform at your best without clunkers on your feet!
Look for a mesh upper in at least some of the shoe. Running shoes are very airy, but don’t have a lot of support on the top or sides. Cross-training shoes do have more support, but they should have a nice balance between support and breathability.
#7: Reasonably Flexible Sole
For this kind of workout, you’ll want a shoe that’s stiff, but not too stiff. This makes it ideal for both dynamic movements, as well as lifting weights.
Of course, price is always a factor in anything that you might consider buying. In this case though, the difference between the cheaper cross-training shoes and the more expensive, specialized CrossFit shoes. So, we recommend trying out a few different pairs until you find the ones that are the right fit for you and not worrying too much about price.
#9: Customer Reviews
Before dropping some cold, hard cash on anything, it’s prudent to check and see what people are saying about the product first. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon which can usually give you a pretty accurate indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses. This in turn can help you decide which is the right shoe for you.
Can I do Insanity Barefoot?
There are many people who want to know if they can do workouts like insanity or CrossFit barefoot. Sure, anything is possible and there are certainly people who do things like run marathons without shoes.
And you’ll also find people firmly on both sides, including medical and fitness professionals. Some people say that it’s healthier because your body is moving in a more natural way. While the other side says that your feet need cushioning and support.
We generally fall onto the side of recommending shoes, at least a pair of minimal ones. But the key with using these kinds of shoes (or doing insanity barefoot) is to start slow. Only a few minutes and then see how your feet during the workout, and also the next day.
If you’ve been using shoes your entire life, it can be quite a shock to suddenly just stop using them and it certainly takes some getting used to. Ease into it and pay close attention to any signs of oncoming injury.
Have your Say about the Best Shoes for an Insanity Workout
What’s the best pair of sneakers for Insanity or T25 workouts? Have you tried out a pair of the sneakers on this list? How did it go? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook. It’ll help other athletes, like yourself find this useful resource.
- The Best CrossFit Brands | Top CrossFit Gear - April 14, 2020
- Best Weightlifting Singlet | Women’s Powerlifting Singlets - April 7, 2020
- CrossFit Shin Guard: The Top 10 Options | Shin Protectors | Rocktape - April 7, 2020
Last update on 2020-04-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API