The person with average feet can pick up just about any pair of cross training or CrossFit shoes from the local store. However, if you have high arches or flatter feet, narrower or wider feet it can be a bit more challenging because appropriate shoes are definitely needed. That’s where cross training shoes for high arches comes in. Keep on reading for the best CrossFit shoes for high arches to consider, or have a look at one of the top choices right here: Inov-8 F-Lite 240-U Cross-Trainer Shoe, Black/Pink/White, 7 W US
Consider this your guide to workout shoes for CrossFit. We’ve reviewed all the top choices to help you find the right athletic shoe for your high-arched feet. But, before we get to our top picks, here’s a sneak peek at some of our favourites:
We’re here to help! Keep on reading for our top picks for CrossFit shoes if you have high arches that can help to prevent an injury during your workout. Be kind to your body, because it’s a fact that comfort starts from the feet up.
The Best CrossFit Shoes for High Arches
People with this condition often find it difficult to perform several activities related to sports. The arch is the middle portion of the lower surface of the feet. Certain people have low arches but many of us have high arches.
Activities such as running, rock climbing, jumping, or a serious CrossFit workout can cause serious problems for people with a high arch. In order to keep achieving the desired fitness results, shoes must be used that reduce the problems related to higher arches.
Feet with this condition tend to be more inflexible and rigid, which can lead to some serious discomfort during physical activity. If this is the situation you find yourself in, you may seek solace in a good pair of sneakers.
You’ll specifically want some shoes with stability in the midsole. Where you can find them? Don’t worry! We’ll give you more details about our top recommendations, or you can quickly check them out here:
- Inov-8 F-Lite 240 Trainer
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 8
- Brooks Launch 6
- Puma Tazon 6
- Asics Gel Kinsei Cross-Trainers
- Asics Gel Craze High Arch Trainers
- Nike Free Crosstraining Shoes
- Saucony Cohesion 10
- Brooks Ghost 11 (Running)
- Nike Air Zoom (Runner)
- Ryka Women’s Influence Cross-Training
- Brooks Glycerin 17 (Running Shoe)
- Mizuno Wave Rider (Running)
There are many companies that manufacture shoes for preventing the problems faced by people with this condition. Let us dig into the market to figure out the several brands available for those people with high arches. We’ll be featuring all the top brand, including a new addition or two to the list.
Inov-8 F-Lite 240 Trainer
- For fitness workouts, crossfit, weightlifting, running
- Meta-flex technology allows natural flexing in the forefoot, while the met-cradle lacing system...
- Rope-tec delivers traction and durability on rope climbs
If you’re looking for a top-quality shoe that has some great arch support, then you’ll want to consider the Inov-8 F Lite 240. Like all Inov8 shoes, it’s a solid pick. In general, all the shoes across this entire brand have higher than average arch support and may make a nice pick if this is what you’re looking for.
- Rope-tec for extra durability and traction on rope climbing
- EVA midsole for extra stability and cushioning
- Meta-flex technology allows a degree of flexibility in the forefoot
- Meta-cradle lacing systems keeps the foot and heel secure
- Grippy rubber outsole for good grip on the floor, or on a variety or surfaces
- Mesh upper for excellent air flow and increased breathability
- Fits true to size
- Allows for natural movements
What do People Think About Them?
“These are a really nice pair of shoes that are ideal for a wide variety of activities that you might encounter during one of these workouts. They have enough cushioning for sprints and warm-ups, are great for lifting, work for jumps, wall handstands and rope climbs. I’m super happy with the recommendation from my trainer to try these out.”
“I bought a pair of these for circuit training, including HIIT workouts and find that they work very well. They’re kind of the ultimate all-around gym shoe and the best thing is the reasonable price. I appreciate the hard soles that protect my feet very well. They’re also very well cushioned.”
“They work very well for jumping, lifting and plyometrics. I used to need orthotics for my old Brooks but these ones have enough arch support that I’ve taken them out. I know that they’re for gym workouts, but I use mine for light trail and road running too.”
Where Can I Get Them?
You can easily find these top-quality shoes on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and to learn more about them:
Compare Training Shoes for High Arches
For a head-to-head comparison of some of our favourite options for shoes for arched feet, have a look at this handy chart we put together for you:
Brooks Launch 6
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: This is a great option for neutral, efficient runners who don’t like a super...
- ENERGIZED FEEL: Delivers a responsive and springy ride to add extra lift to your stride without...
- SPRINGY CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning and rebounding rubber create a springy feel...
- LIGHTWEIGHT FIT: The one-piece mesh upper and internal bootie are so light and breezy, they feel...
If you’re looking for one of the best training sneakers for high arches, you’ve come to the right place: the Brooks Launch 6. It’s a serious crosstrainer at a very reasonable price. The best thing? It’s specially designed for you if you have medium-high arches as there’s some nice stability in the midsole.
This shoe is light enough that it’s suitable for running even longer distances, up to marathons. It’s also stylish enough that you can wear it out for coffee or when doing errands.
Pros of the Brooks Launch 6
- Quick transitions from heel to toe
- Springy and fast (perfect for a CrossFit workout!)
- Midfoot transition zone makes them very stable
- DNA midsole cushioning system
- One piece mesh upper is nice and breezy
- Durable outsole
- Nice support
- Doesn’t wear out too quickly
Cons for the Brooks Launch 6
- 10 mm heel to toe drop makes them a bit more of a shoe for long-distance running than an all-round training shoe
Where to Buy these Workout Sneakers for High Arches?
The best place to find these top-rated sneakers is online. You can check them out on Amazon, and don’t forget that shipping is usually free with Amazon Prime:
What Do People Think About these Trainers?
“Super comfortable and also very stylish. I love that the toe box has some room in it for my clubs! I think these are for running, but I use them for lots of stuff like pick-up basketball, CrossFit workouts, etc. My problem is that I have very high arches and have a hard time finding a pair of shoes that won’t leave my feet aching. These ones? Great so far.”
“I use these Brooks shoes every single day and so far, they’ve very durable and comfortable. My CrossFit trainer recommended them to me for a pair of cross-trainers and I’m so happy that she did.”
“Nice combination of comfort and support that could probably accommodate most people.”
Puma Tazon 6 Training Shoe
- Run-Train Performance Sneaker
Another one of the top workout shoes if you have high arches is the Puma Tazon 6 (for both men and women). It has a sleek, attractive design, and EVA heel pod for extra shock absorbency. The synthetic leather upper is both stylish and durable and we like the updated style options.
The supportive cushioning and nice level of arch support makes them ideal for many people. They insole is also removable, making them a nice option if you want to add your own custom orthotics.
Puma Tazon 6 Pros
- Lace closure ensures a snug fit and great control
- Midfoot saddle for optimum fit
- Breathable sockliner for extra comfort
- TPU shank for enhanced stability when running or jumping
- Wide array of color choices, including solid black which can make it a nice choice for at work in certain jobs.
- Plenty of support and flexibility for short runs
- Lots of additional room for the toes
- Padding under the ball of the foot absorbs impact very well
Puma Tazon 6 Cons
- Some reports that they run small (might want to consider ordering a half size bigger, however it’s not the case for everyone)
- A little bit heavy for serious running, marathons for example, or for dance aerobics like Zumba.
Where to Buy these Cross Training Shoes
The easiest place to find these shoes is online. You can check prices and look at customer reviews over on Amazon:
What Do People Think about the Puma Tazon 6 Shoes?
“I bought these for weight and plyometric workouts, as well as CrossFit. They work well for squats even though they’re classified as running shoes. I find them a bit stiff for running, but excellent at all this stuff I just mentioned. If you’re looking for one of the top options, this might be it.”
“They fit great, are nice looking and best of all, my feet feel very comfortable in them. I took out the insole and replaced it with my custom made orthotics (I have very high arches) and these are now perfect.”
“A ton of cushion and flexibility in these things and my feet are never sore at the end of a workout. They allow my body to move in a natural, smooth way.”
RYKA Women’s Enhance 2 Cross-Training Shoe
- Weight is 8.5 oz.
- Upper is breathable mesh plus mono mesh package with synthetic forefoot overlays and soft tech...
- RE-ZORB footbed.
- Dual foam midsole engineering provides extra cushioning at key pressure points in heel and forefoot....
- Ergonomic sole unit design with pivot point, influenced by the shape of the foot allows more natural...
If you are looking for the perfect shoe with all the qualities of a CrossFit training shoe for high arches, the Ryka Womens Enhance Training Shoe is right for you.
Affordable, but High in Quality
We love how affordable this top-quality shoe is. It’s often cheaper than some of the more popular brands on the market today (Nike, Adidas, and Asics).
The synthetic mesh used for making this shoe makes the product very useful for working out in hard conditions. This shoe helps its user boost up her performance in the gym.
The weight of this shoe is extremely light, which allows it to be the best ride. The rubber sole makes sure it performs well in all conditions. This particular shoe is very flexible.
Feet are Well-Supported
The RYKA cross training shoe is specially designed to match the criteria of a female foot; as a result the performance of the shoe is very useful for a woman with high arches. Your feet will feel supported, and comfortable, even during long, tough CrossFit workouts.
You can find this top-quality Cross-training shoe on Amazon:
Ryka Women’s Enhance Pros:
- Removable sock liner
- Lightweight, but keep the feet cushioned
- Useful footwear for working out
- Flexible tongue, giving a great fit
- Affordable price
- Fabulous grip
- Excellent shock absorption
- Soft, comfortable insole
- Ideal for wide feet
Ryka Women’s Enhance Cons:
- Not manufactured in the USA
- The stitch can cause irritation in the foot
ASICS GEL Kinsei: High Arch Running Shoes
Asics is a well-known brand when it comes to the manufacture of sportswear. This particular model of sports shoe is full of the technology you love. And they also happen to make one of the best pairs of Cross Fit shoes.
A Great Cross Trainer
It also happens to make one of the best trainers for high arches. Reviews online are excellent and there are thousands of satisfied customers.
The material used for making this shoe is synthetic mesh. The sole of the shoe is made of rubber; as a result, high pressure is withstood with ease. It’s one of the top high arch shoes on the market today.
It is absolutely comfortable for those with a high arch. The cushion in the interior consists of gel, which makes it comfortable for someone with a high arch.
Cross Trainers, High Arches
The Asics Kinsei is actually a runner, so this’ll work well for CrossFit workouts that are heavy on the sprinting.
Where this cross training shoe for high arches won’t work well for is a WOD that is heavy on the weightlifting. In this case, you’d do well to consider one of the dedicated flat feet weightlifting shoes for CrossFit.
You can get this popular, premium runner on Amazon:
Asics Kinsei Pros:
- Comfortable for those with high arches
- Efficient handling of high pressure
- Anti-frictional interior
- Comfortable to wear for running long distance
- Stay cool lining
- Enough room in the forefoot
- Durable, molded construction
- Lots of grip makes them ideal for a wet trail or road
Asics Kinsei Cons:
- Sole can get damaged on rough roads
What Do People Think About Them?
“It’s a nice shoe that has help up well so far. It has some nice arch support and I haven’t felt the need to replace the insoles, like I do with many other shoes that I’ve tried.”
“I came across these after trying to find a pair of shoes that would help me alleviate my heel pain. These ones did the trick. I use them as cross trainers mostly for a variety of different things and they’re so comfortable, I now wear them just for walking around town!”
“Luxury rides! They look nice, and I think they’re probably the best pair of training shoes for those with high arches (or men too). I’ve been using them for a few months now for CrossFit workouts, tennis with the kids, etc. and they’ve handled all that stuff with ease.”
Asics Gel Kinsei Review
Do you want to find out more about one of the best high arch training shoes? Then you’ll definitely want to check out this video below:
Compare CrossFit Shoes
Besides these workout shoes for high arches that are ideal for CrossFit, there are a ton of other options available today. You can find everything from lifting shoes, to cross-trainers, to minimal or barefoot shoes. Check out this handy comparison chart that we’ve put together for some of our top choices:
ASICS Men’s GEL-Craze TR 2 Training Shoe
The material used for manufacturing the ASICS Gel-Craze is synthetic mesh. This shoe is made especially for carrying out several sports-related activities including CrossFit.
One of the Best Running Shoes
The thing we love about the Gel Craze is that it’s an affordable, but still top-quality running shoe.
The lower portion of the internal part of the shoe consists of rearfoot gel, which keeps the feet comfortable. Running for long hours does not result in pain of the arches.
Flexible Sole Makes it one of the Best Training Shoes
The sole in this particular sports shoe is very flexible, which results in its proper functioning even when the weight load is on the higher side. This footwear is light in weight, which allows movement at a fast pace with ease. If you want to perform efficiently in the gym, then this is the footwear you are looking for.
You can get this CrossFit shoe on Amazon:
Asics Gel Craze Pros:
- Keeps high arches comfortable
- Eases movement of the legs
- Light in weight
- Nice stability in the midsole area, but enough flex as well
- Liner helps keep feet comfortable and cool
- Extremely versatile training shoe (grippy enough for lateral movement)
- The toebox is big enough to allow lots of room for the toes
- Grips that increase traction during a workout and prevent slipping around
Asics Gel Craze Cons:
- People with normal arches cannot wear this shoe
- The outer part of the soul is made of rubber, which is subjected to tear in harsh conditions.
- Some reports that the fabric around the ankles is not so durable
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth...
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for...
- Solyte Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA. Also...
What Do People Think About Them?
“I have slightly narrower feet than average and found that these shoes give me a snug, comfortable fit. I use them for High intensity interval training and Crosssfit workouts and the verdict? They may just be the ultimate pair of workout shoes for running, jumping, lifting, climbing, etc.”
“They look great, are very durable and work for a wide variety of workouts. I was looking for a pair of shoes and these ones kept getting recommended. Thankfully, I took the advice and am very happy that I did. I often have painful feet at the end of a workout but not with these ones. Definitely a good shoe for high arches.”
“Made the switch from Mizuno to these ones and couldn’t be happier. I have higher arches and immediately felt a ton of support for them from the second I put these on. A nice choice and it feels like I’m coming home!”
Gel Craze From Asics Introduction
ASICS Men’s Gel-Fortius TR Cross-Training Shoes
Asics is known across the world because of the great quality products it manufactures. When it comes to different types of footwear, Asics has the solution ready on the table.
Easy to Find Online
This particular footwear is not manufactured in the USA, but it can be ordered easily online. It’s also one of the best sneakers for high arches.
The material used for making this shoe is synthetic mesh. The sole provided in the shoe is synthetic; as a result it can withstand every harsh condition during training either in the gym or in the open environment.
Great for Running if you have a High Arch
These are the top shoes for running and it is manufactured especially for men with high arches. The engineering of this particular product makes sure that you rise in terms of your performance in the gym.
You can get them easily on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and to learn more about them:
Asics Gel Fortius Pros:
- Friction resistant
- Comfortable to wear
- Proper air circulation in the internal part of the shoes
- Affordable price
- Made especially for running, climbing ropes, and lifting weights
- Nice style makes them suitable for wearing around town
- Excellent support system and cushioning
Asics Gel Fortius Cons:
- Not manufactured in the USA, extra cost might be added for importing the product
- Lace-up training shoe featuring rubberized toe cap, looped heel pull, and breathable mesh underlays
Customer Reviews for the Gel Fortius
“These are my go-to shoes for kettlebell and CrossFit workouts. They’re flat enough for lifting, but flexible enough for things like sprints and box jumps. Seriously, one of the best cross-trainers out there in my opinion.”
“They have quite a minimal heel, so they’re maybe not ideal for running around outside. But inside the gym? I use mine for CrossFit workouts and couldn’t be happier with them. They have enough arch support, are narrow enough that my feet don’t slide around in them, and are just plain comfortable.”
“A nice level of comfort and support.”
Learn More about Choosing Shoes
Do you want to know more about choosing the best athletic shoes for high arches? Then you’ll definitely need to check out these handy tips and tricks from an expert:
NIKE Women’s Free TR Fit 2: Best Training Shoe for High Arch
The Nike Women’s Free is available in many colours and is made of synthetic mesh. It’s a reasonably priced running shoe that is perfect for those CrossFit workouts heavy on sprinting.
Best Cross Trainer for High Arches
It’s one of our top options on the market today.
The shoe is designed by one of the most reputed sportswear companies in the world: Nike. The engineering of this shoe keeps the need of the wearer in mind. We love the arch support in these shoes. They’re perfect if you have a high arch, and they won’t hurt your feet, even during a serious workout.
Excels at Running and Climbing
The shoe is made for long-distance running and rope climbing. The construction of this particular shoe is made without using any thread. Because of its seamless approach, irritation is avoided. It’s one of our top training shoes on the list.
The feet are kept dry and cool by the breathability of the mesh used for making the shoe. The flexibility of this shoe is one of the most amazing features of the boot.
Good Arch Support
The joints between the different parts of the shoe cannot be felt by our foot; as a result we can easily focus on our exercises rather than concentrating on the shoe stitches. The arch support in the shoe keeps the feet well placed and does not create any problems.
Check out the Nike Women’s Free TR Fit 2 on Amazon today. It’s one of the best cross training shoes with arch support so click the button below to find out all the details you need to know:
Nike Women’s Free Review
Nike Women’s Free Pros:
- The foot is supported efficiently by this footwear
- The foot stays dry even after long hours of working out
- Good experience while running
- Very smooth ride
- Adequate shock absorption and they protect the soles of the feet well
Nike Women’s Free Cons:
- Price may seem high for certain people
- The heels are squeezed when worn, which might be a problem sometimes
What Do People Think About the Nike Free Series?
“I felt like I was walking on a cloud with these things. My job requires me to be on feet for 12 hours a day and these shoes allow me to do it without aching feet at the end of the day. I have a difficult time finding shoes that don’t irritate my ankles, but these ones are great.”
“Really snug and comfortable to wear. They also offer some decent arch support too. There are also positive points about these things too, including how durable they are. Although some reviewers mentioned that they fit a bit small, I found them true to size.”
“No injuries in the few months that I’ve been using them. That’s about all I could ask for.”
New Balance Women’s WX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe
When it comes to athletics, women with high-arched feet face serious troubles competing with their full force. Normal shoes do not fit their feet; as a result their performance is hampered.
After a certain period, women with high arches feel tremendous pain in their legs. The problem is not with their stamina or strength, but with the structure of their arches.
In order to fight such problems, many companies have come up with CrossFit training shoes for high-arched women.
Cross Training Shoe
Such a brand is New Balance, which has come up with WX608V3. It’s one of the best cross-training sneakers. People that try this shoe really seem to love it and it has some excellent reviews online.
Seamless Liner for Total Comfort
This particular shoe consists of a seamless phantom liner, which keeps irritation away. The cushions built inside the footwear allows the arch to stay comfortable. The footbed is made of EVA foam, which makes it one of the most comfortable sneakers to slip the foot into. The most amazing feature of this product is that it is available in both rubber and leather.
You can find one of the top Cross training shoes for higher arches on Amazon:
New Balance Pros:
- Affordable price
- Good support
- Less irritation
- Very comfortable collar and a nice, secure fit
- Great footwear for practicing Cross Fit workouts
- Roomy toe box
- Helps the body maintain a natural gait position
- 10 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all...
- IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam) midsole for firm yet flexible cushioning
- Internal shank
New Balance Cons:
- Might not fit certain sized feet
- The sole can get damaged on rough roads
- It is designed for lifting weight and might not work great for climbing ropes and regular running
Reebok CrossFit Nano 8
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: These flex weave woven sneakers provide resilient stretch and...
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: These stylish trainers with new heel bootie construction with added...
- COMFORTABLE AND STURDY DESIGN: This footwear features Toe Tection that provides durability for...
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPORT SHOES: Ideal for workouts and weightlifting
One of the best choices for cross training shoes with arch support is the Reebok CrossFit Nano 8.0. If you take a look around the gym, you’ll probably notice that many people are wearing these shoes for their CrossFit workouts. It’s for good reason—these are some of the best crosstrainers you can buy.
- Nanoweave upper for excellent breathability
- CMEVA midsole offers some nice arch support
- Removable insole if you want to add orthotics
- Minimal heel toe drop (4 mm) makes them ideal for weightlifting, but flexible enough for sprints
- Wide toe box
- Rope pro outsole
- TPU heel wrap to keep your feet locked in place
What Do People Think About The Reebok CrossFit Nano Series
“Hands down the best crosstraining shoe I’ve ever used. It beats the Nike Metcon by a mile in my opinion. Very lightweight but also offers a ton of support for my arches. I usually have to replace the insole with a custom one, but these shoes are comfortable enough that I’ve never had to do that.”
“I’ve worn them for a few WODs now and they’re super comfortable. Not that this is important, but I also get lots of compliments on the color/style of them. They’re ideal for gym workouts, but are comfortable enough for a quick walk or some sports with the kids too. Really happy I picked these up as they work well for my over pronation!”
“For whatever reason, the shape and design of these shoes just works for me. I’ve tried a ton of different athletic shoes over the years, but never really found one that worked with my very high arched feet. I need lots of support and most shoes just don’t do it for me. Until these ones. My body feels tired, but not sore after a tough workout in these shoes.”
Where Can I Get Them?
Sounds like the right CrossFit shoe with arch support for you? Then you’ll need to check them online to find the lowest prices. Most people find that they fit true to size. Purchase them now online for the best selection:
Saucony Cohesion 10
If you’re looking for a top-quality workout shoe with great arch support, you’ll want to consider the Saucony 10. It’s got a ton of cushioning, just where you need it—in the midsole and you’ll find it comfortable.
Although it’s technically a running shoe, many people love using the Saucony Cohesion 10 for an all-around gym or workout shoe. It’ll work well, unless your workouts are really heavy on the weights and then you’ll to stick with a shoe that has a lower heel-toe drop.
- Supportive EVA midsole
- Heel grid system for extra cushioning
- Mesh upper make the shoe very breathable
- Very lightweight
“I have a high arch with a narrow heel and Saucony has always worked very well for me, a lot better than some other ones I’ve tried. They’re the best running, walking, gym, and workouts shoes around in my opinion.”
“Love the reasonable price and they’re ideal for adding my custom orthotics to. I use them as my all-around shoes for just about everything, including CrossFit.”
“I’ve had some issues with knee and back pain in the past, but these sneakers have helped me to workout, injury free. They’re perfect for jogging, or just about anything for that matter. Don’t let the low price fool you—they’re a well-made shoe that’s extremely durable.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Does it sound like the best workout shoe for your needs? You can check at Amazon.com for the lowest prices. Click here:
If you suffer from back pain, you’ll want to check this out: What are the Ideal Shoes for Back Pain?
Brooks Ghost 11 Running Shoes
If you’re looking for one of the best pairs of running shoes for medium to high arches, then the Brooks Ghost 11 should be at the top of your list. Besides a ton of arch support, they are ideal for neutral runners, meaning that you neither roll your foot inward, or outward.
They’re lightweight, supportive, comfortable and have some of the best user ratings among all running shoes of any brand.
- 12 mm heel toe drop
- Neutral support
- Very supportive cushioning
- Medium to high arch support
- Mesh upper provides excellent breathability
- Plush tongue and collar
- Removable foam insole (can be used with orthotics)
- Responsive sole
- DNA loft heel crash pad
What do People Think About Them?
“I have to spend up to 12 hours a day on my feet for my job. I suffer from plantar fasciitis as well (mostly due to terrible shoes over the years!) and have a really difficult time finding comfortable enough shoes that I’m not in excruciating pain at the end of the day. Thankfully I tried out these on the advice of my physiotherapist and am very happy that I did. They have a nice level of arch support, great cushioning and are some of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn.”
“So lightweight, supportive and comfortable. I’ve been running almost 50 miles per week in them for the last few months and they’re only now showing some initial signs of wear and tear. I think I’ll get another six months out of them for sure. Quite impressive and I’ll be buying another pair of Brooks Ghost sneakers!”
Where to Buy Them?
If you’re looking for a pair of running shoes for someone with high arches, then the Brooks Ghost 11 should be at the top of your list. Learn more about them on Amazon.com and consider shopping online for the best prices:
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus
- Full-length Zoom Air unit provides a smooth, responsive ride.
- Beveled heel optimizes initial touchdown and transition.
- Engineered mesh and partial bootie provide a supportive feel.
- Bottom eyelet has been moved up to open up the forefoot flex zone and provide an optimal fit.
- Heel collar has been engineered to rake away from the foot for comfort around the Achilles tendon.
If you’re looking for an affordable, but top-quality pair of running shoes, then the Nike Air Zoom should be at the top of your list. They’re light in weight, have a good amount of arch support and most people find that they’re very durable.
Although it’s a little bit bulky, there are a ton of features you’ll love. Keep on reading to find out more about these newly updated shoes, and get ready for your next marathon.
- Excellent cushioning
- Triple-density midsole for extra support right where you need it
- Mesh upper makes them breathable
- Offers stability and support
- Flywire cables
- Bevelled heel feature make them very responsive
- Ideal for overpronators
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces, both indoor and outdoor on the road
- Provide lots of flexibility in the midsole
- High comfort level
Customer Reviews for the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus
“Lots of cushioning which is important to me, but not too much. I’ve had runner’s knee for a while now and I honestly think these things are helping them to get better. My only complaint is that they’re a little bit low on the ankle but they’re still a great choice and I really have no complaints.”
“Absorb shock really well and so far, I’ve been running in these things for years without any kind of injury. That’s more than I can say for most other kinds of shoes I was wearing (Mizuno, Asics, etc.). Probably my favourite pair of sneakers (of all time!)”
“They run a little small, so I’d recommend ordering a half size up, particularly if you’re in the middle. They are pretty stiff so don’t stretch like some other running shoes. I pair mine with special plantar fasciitis socks and have had no problems with them.”
Runners with High Arches? Consider These Ones
You can easily find these shoes on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices on one of our top products, and also to see if they’re eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Ryka Women’s Influence Training Shoe
- Dual impact insole
- Padded collar and tongue
- Dual density foam midsole with high impact N-Gage EVA energy return provides shape retention and...
Next up on our list of the best athletic shoes for people with high arches is this female specific one, the Ryka Influence. What makes it ideal for people with high arches is that is has a good amount of arch support. If you read reviews closely, you’ll see that lots of people with a prominent arch find that these athletics shoes are very, very comfortable.
However, you’ll find that they’re quite narrow and may not work that well for you if you have wide feet.
- Grippy rubber sole
- Unique lace-up system
- Padded tongue and collar
- Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse layers for additional support
- Responsive insole
- Pivot point traction system
- Narrow heel designed for women
- Roomy in the toe box
- Mesh upper for great breathability
- Dual impact midsole for superior shock absorption
- Nice color and style options
Customer Ratings and Reviews
“They’re a super solid shoe for wearing at the gym to do a variety of activities—lifting, cardio, machines, jumps, rope climbs, etc. They fit a big snug around the ankle, but are not enough to be uncomfortable. I also use them for Zunba classes, and it seems like a lot of the other people in my class are wearing them as well!”
“With high arches and a narrow heel, it’s quite difficult for me to find sports shoes that don’t leave my feet super sore by the end of a workout. I was pleasantly surprised by these ones and my feet are still happy after a few months with them. I’ll be ordering another pair when these ones wear out (no signs yet though, they’re quite durable).”
“For the price, they work extremely well and I’m super happy with them. I use them at the gym for CrossFit workouts, as well as sports with the kids and walking.”
“I’m on my feet all day for work as an ER nurse so I need a pair of shoes that can stand up to the test. These ones? After a 12 hour shift my feet don’t ache which is good enough for me.”
You can easily find these top-quality training shoes online. Check now for the lowest prices and to learn more about them:
Brooks Glycerin (Running Shoe)
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width, "D" = Wide width, "2A" = Narrow width
- THIS SHOE IS FOR: Neutral runners obsessed with softness and cushioning. Sleeker than in the past,...
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT cushioning provides a soft, luxurious feeling underfoot without...
- THE PERFECT FIT AND FEEL: The plush feel of an internal stretch bootie surrounds your foot and moves...
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: The DNA LOFT transition zone makes every move from heel to toe feel incredibly...
If you’re looking for a running shoe for high arched feet, then the Brooks Glycerin should be at the top of your list (we also recommend the Brooks Ghost). They have more support in the midfoot than most shoes, and you may even find that you’re able to use these without an insert or orthotics, where you had to use them with other shoes.
However, if you do require more support than these shoes offer, they have a removable insole. This means that you can use orthotics, or an off the shelf insert to get the support you need.
- Breathable mesh upper
- Responsive design
- Variety of colors and styles
- Neutral running shoe
- Maximum amount of cushioning
- 10 mm heel toe drop
- 3D printed overlay for a nice level of support
- Bootie style fit
- Removable insole makes them ideal for inserts
- DNA Loft transition zone
- Rubber outsole has excellent traction and they can be used for light trail running
- Light in weight
- Durable materials
What do People Think About Them?
“An amazing running shoe that’s one of the best I’ve ever tried. I run 50+ miles a week as I train for a marathon so need something with nice cushioning and support and these ones are awesome. No feet or shin injuries and I’ve been using them for years now.”
“Brooks shoes have always worked well for my feet—high arches and plantar fasciitis. These ones are no exception. A nice level of arch support but not too much to be uncomfortable, along with lots of cushioning for my sore feet.”
“I have lots of lower back issues so have to be super careful with the shoes that I wear. I’ve given others a try, but always end up going back to these ones. They have only started to show some signs of wear and tear after six months of heavy use.”
Order Yours Today
You can easily find these sneakers on Amazon. Head over there now to learn more about them:
Mizuno Wave Rider: Running Shoes for High Arches
- Cloud wave offers a soft, lively, and lightweight feel
- Engineered Mesh Upper for a sock like yet breathable fit
- u4iCx cushioning enhances cloudlike feel
- Fit in motion upper
- Soft anatomical sock liner for extra arch support and cushioning
Next up is this running shoe, the Mizuno Wave Rider. It’s ideal for high arched feet as it has a lot of support in the midfoot. Many people find that they can use these shoes without orthotics or other kinds of insoles. Keep on reading to find out more about the Mizuno Wave.
- Lots of cushioning makes them very comfortable
- Very light in weight
- Sock like fit
- Mesh upper is very breathable
- Cloudwave technology for absorption and energy return
- U4IC midsole foam
- Great traction on the soles if you want to hit the trails
- Shock absorption on the full-length of the shoe
- Designed to provide a ton of support in the midfoot
Reviews and Ratings
“I was looking for a pair of sneakers for my supinated feet with high arches. These ones certainly fit the bill and I’ve been able to walk and run in them without pain at the end. I’ll be getting another pair when these ones wear out, but so far, no signs of that as they are quite durable.”
“Now on my third pair of these and no foot pain, from the first km to the last. I have arches that are on the higher side and these are the best runners by far that I’ve tried. A common problem is that I buy shoes and then have to spend more money on inserts, but not with these ones. Ideal for running on the treadmill.”
“I so frequently search for shoes that my feet won’t hurt in at the end of a long workout. These ones are it, and I’m going to stick with them for as long as they make them! I highly recommend them. They’ll definitely be where I start my search next time!”
You can easily find these top-quality athletics shoes on Amazon. Head over there to find the best prices that often include free shipping with a Prime membership:
Best Cross Training Shoes for High Arches
The list mentioned above shows the top shoes for CrossFit training. All of these shoes are made for people with high arches.
If you have high arches, you can select from the above and choose the best footwear for your use. It is better to look for the benefits you can gain and whether the shoes fit your feet.
Just keep in mind that the shoes affect your performance in the gym, so make sure you choose the best footwear that will help you achieve your maximum athletic performance. This will mean enough room in the toe box, as well as arch support.
When you have this condition, your foot does not have the flexibility to absorb the full impact as you run, jump or walk. This is why it can lead to further problems like plantar fasciitis, shin splints, stress fractures and more.
You’ll want to find a pair or shoes with excellent shock absorption as well as support and cushioning. Instead of your foot absorbing all the force, you want a shoe that will help you do it.[table id=10 /]
High Arch FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people with a high arch ask want some answers to! Here are the most popular ones.
How Do I Know if I Have High Arches?
Okay, so you’re not sure if you have this, or not. The bad news is that there’s no standard definition, even among doctors about who has a high arch, and who doesn’t.
However, you’re said to have a high arch if there is a big gap between your arch and the ground when you’re standing up.
Have you ever walked in the sand without shoes? What did you track look like. If you see only your heel and ball of your foot, and not the middle part of your foot, then you probably have flatter feet.
What are the Causes of a High Arch?
If you have a very high arch, you may want to know what has caused it. The main cause is genetics. If you have high arches now, you were probably born with them!
However, they can also be caused by certain medical conditions like cerebral palsy and spinal bifida.
This is unlike the opposite problem, which can result over time due to stress upon the feet from various causes.
What about an Insole for High Arches and CrossFit?
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and...
- Stabilizer Cap: Our specialized insoles for men and women feature a base-layer stabilizer cap...
- Deep Heel Cup: Equipped with the widest, deepest of heel cups for heel pain, these high-arch insoles...
- Superfeet Shape: The high-profile, special orthotic shape of our arch-support shoe inserts helps...
- High Density Foam: The closed-cell foam layer in these arch-support insoles for women and men...
We are not medical doctors, and we certainly recommend seeking the advice of a doctor, physiotherapist or podiatrist before buying an insole to treat your foot pain.
There are also custom made orthotics, which may work better for your specific situation than buying something off the shelf at the sports store, or online. They can be used as an addition to your average, neutral athletic shoe and are great at providing customized support.
Check with your doctor for the best advice for your specific situation. They may help you to step, run or jump more comfortably.
Is There an Insole that You Recommend?
That said, many CrossFitters have found success with Superfeet. They can be a simple solution to foot pain for a lot of people and improve the motion of your feet and legs with each stride.
Superfeet are one of the most popular brands of insoles on the market today, and everyone from runners, to long-distance hikers, to factory workers who are on cement all day swear by them. They offer a bit of support, but don’t come with the high price-tag of custom made orthotics if you don’t have extended health benefits.
The way it works is that you take out the usually very cheap, thin insole that came with your sneakers. Then, you insert Superfeet. You’ll immediately notice a difference in the amount of arch support you have. They’ll also help keep your gait neutral and in correct alignment.
Learn More about Superfeet
They make a wide range of options for casual/dress shoes, hiking shoes, running shoes, skates, and more. We recommend sticking with the insoles for running shoes. However, go to the store and see what feels most comfortable for you.
Take them out of the package and stand on them. See what supports your arch in the right place. Remember that you can trim them to size, and they’re actually a bit bigger than they need to be for this purpose.
You can check out Superfeet for yourself here:
What about Orthotics for a High Arch?
Flat feet can cause a number of foot problems, including: Metatarsalgia, Bunions, Calluses, Plantar Fasciitis, and Achilles Tendinitis. They can also lead to knee and back pain.
While custom orthotics get prescribed for all kinds of foot conditions, it’s unclear as to whether or not they can actually help. Although they can change your stride, this isn’t always a good thing! This is especially true if you get them from someone who is not adequately trained.
What is clear is that the one condition that custom-made orthotics can most reliably help is foot pain caused by this condition. When you have high arches, small areas of the foot bear all the weight of the body.
One of the ways that Orthotics can help is to distribute the weight more evenly from each stride. The key to get a “total contact” orthotic that closely follows the curve of the foot.
Can I Use Minimalist Shoes with Higher Arches?
If you have a high arch, you may want to know if minimal, or barefoot shoes are right for you. These are very flat shoes that offer basically no arch support. The theory is that they move more naturally.
But, will they work with this type of foot? Most feet specialists don’t recommend them to someone with high arches. In general, you need more support, not less. However, talk to a podiatrist for advice specific to your situation.
I have the Opposite Problem of High Arches
Okay, what about if you have the opposite problem. Are there are any good Cross Training shoes for people with with condition? You can check out our top options here:
Learn How to Fix It
I’m Not Sure Which CrossFit Shoes with Arch Support are Right For Me!
Not to worry. We’ve got you covered and you really can’t go wrong with our top pick:
- For fitness workouts, crossfit, weightlifting, running
- Meta-flex technology allows natural flexing in the forefoot, while the met-cradle lacing system...
- Rope-tec delivers traction and durability on rope climbs
Have your say about the Best CrossFit Shoes for High Arches
What do you look for in a pair of CrossFit shoes if you have high arches? Is there are a certain brand of CrossFit shoes that are better than the others? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
And also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other people, like yourself looking for the best sneakers for high arches.
Last update on 2021-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API