Are you looking for a pair of top-quality weightlifting shoes at a reasonable price? Then the Adidas Power Perfect 3 should be at the top of your list.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if they’re the right lifting shoes for you.
- Synthetic upper for durability and light weight
- Adiwear outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability
- Hook-and-loop instep strap for rearfoot integrity; Integral rearfoot heel support for superb...
- Derby construction for lateral locked-down support
- Weightlifting-engineered, high-density, die-cut wedge midsole for a stable platform
An Introduction to the Adidas Power Perfect 3
If you’re looking for one of the best value weightlifting shoes on the market today, the Power Perfect series may very well be your best bet. They’re very durable, offer a ton of stability and support, and can often be found at a much cheaper price than some of the premium lifting shoes.
However, the good news is that your performance will certainly not suffer. These are serious shoes for serious workouts and you most certainly have to worry about what’s on your feet when you’re going for your personal best.
- Durable and lightweight synthetic upper
- Air mesh collar increases breathability
- Nice level of lateral support
- High density wedge cut midsole that doesn’t compress easily offers a very stable platform
- Medial strap across the midfoot for high levels of support
- Nice level of heel support with a reinforced heel cup
- Double stitching throughout the shoe
- Very durable
- Heel height of 25 mm
- Ideal for both entry-level and professional lifters
- Neutral arch support
- Allows you to easily get deep into squats and deadlifts
- Roomy toe box that allows some wiggle room for the toes
- Variety of color and design options
Do they sound like the right pair of shoes for you? Click the button below to find out more about them, and also to see if they’re eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
The shoe is mostly made from synthetic leather which has a ton of structure to it. This means that your feet will feel very supported, and also that it’s durable and not subject to wear and tear.
New for this edition is the addition of a mesh insert in the toe box, which helps to make it a bit more pliable and breathable. An overlay is added to it to make it durable enough. There is lots of room for the toes, which is useful during certain exercises.
In terms of closure, it’s a pretty standard lace-up model. It does contain metal eyelets, which we prefer to plastic ones. There’s also a velcro strap across the midfoot. Both of these things can be easily adjusted according to your preference.
The shoe is made from high-density EVA foam that isn’t subject to compression. It’s a bit thicker in the rear than in the toes which gives the shoe a 19 mm heel height (0.75 inches0. This is pretty standard among lifting shoes.
The sole of the Power Perfect 3 is the same as the previous version of this shoe. It’s made from a durable rubber compound which is grippy and strong.
The shoe is flat, which ensures a nice, stable platform for lifting. The honeycomb pattern is ideal for gripping various surfaces.
Adidas Power Perfect 3 Review
Adidas Power Perfect 3 Pros
- Very reasonably priced
- Quite breathable for a weightlifting shoe
- Light in weight
- Ankle mobility allows for deeper and more stable squats
- Roomy enough toe box
- Nice color and style options
- Strap is higher up on the foot and offers more stability than previous models
- EVA midsole is less compressible than TPU ones
- Reinforced heel cup
- Durable double stitching throughout
Adidas Power Perfect 3 Cons
- Need to be broken in
- Not that comfortable for walking or cardio (for a slightly better option, consider the Adidas CrazyPower TR)
- Some confusion about sizing. Some found that they fit true to size while others had to go a half or full size up
What do People Think About these Adidas Weightlifting Shoes?
“Good heel lift for strong base to get solid lifts. I went one size up and they fit perfectly (I do have narrow feet). Super comfortable and they look good too. Kind of like the no frills version of more expensive lifting shoes, but I’m happy enough with them and they’re half the price of the more expensive options.”
“They are pretty snug but work well and are comfortable enough with thin socks. My only complaint is the strap clip is made from plastic and not metal. I’m worried that it might start to wear out, but so far, so good. I’ve been using these for a few months now and they seem nice and durable, with no signs of wear and tear yet.”
“I’m a beginner who’s into Oly weightlifting and these are my first pair of gym shoes like these ones. I’ve noticed a huge difference in my squats and deadlifts and I’m never going back to lifting in regular runners or cross-training shoes again.”
Adidas Power Perfect Review
The Takeaway on the Power Perfect 3 Lifting Shoes
Okay, so what’s the deal with these powerlifting shoes? Are they worth a buy? We certainly think so. They’re a stable shoe with a ton of grip on the floor. After all, the last thing you’ll want to worry about when going for your personal best is what’s on your feet, right?
They have a reasonable price-tag, but quality is still top-of-the-line. They’re super durable, have a ton of support and make a nice choice both for beginners to lifting shoes, or people in the Olympic Games. Yes, they really are that good.
Where Can I Get Them?
You can easily find these top-quality weightlifting shoes online. Check now for the lowest prices and to learn more about these popular shoes from Adidas:
Compare Weightlifting Shoes
Besides these Adidas lifters, there are plenty of other top-notch weightlifting shoes to choose from. Some of our favourites include the Adidas Powerlift and Nike Romaleos 3. Or, you can check out this handy comparison chart below:
Can I use These Shoes for CrossFit Workouts?
If you take a look around the gym during your next WOD, or ask your trainer, you’ll find that there are a ton of options for CrossFit shoes. You can find everything from barefoot/minimal shoes to lifting shoes like these ones.
But, most people stick with cross-trainers or CrossFit shoes. That’s because during the course of a workout, you may encounter a ton of different activities, from running to jumping, lifting and climbing. You’ll want a versatile shoe that can stand up to the challenge.
What about the Adidas Power Perfect 3 and CrossFit? Will it work? Kind of. If you’re going to be doing a WOD that’s almost exclusively focused on lifting weights, then it should be fine.
However, if your workouts consists of sprints, jumps, or climbing, it may not work that well for you. They’re just too stiff and don’t have enough shock absorbency for these kinds of exercises.
How Does the Adidas Power Perfect 3 Compare to the Power Perfect 2?
If you want to know how to new rendition compares to the previous version, then keep on reading. Although two 2 and 3 are similar, there are a few key differences to be aware of.
- The PP3 has a new mesh insert that allows for greater breathability and forefoot flexibility
- A newer, clean, minimal look for the Power Perfect 3 compared to the 2
- Reduction in the number of seams throughout the shoe which can allow for a more comfortable fit
- The strap has been moved closer to the collar for a more secure fit
Have your Say about the Adidas Power Perfect 3 Squat Shoes
What are your thoughts about these powerlifting shoes from Adidas? Are you considering this popular training shoe, or considering another brand? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fitness buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API