Are you looking for a pair of top-quality minimalist shoes that you can use for gym or CrossFit workouts? Then the Inov8 Bare XF 260 should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to find out if they’re right for you.
Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 Review
CrossFit is already considered an extreme sport by some fitness purists, and when you add barefoot running to your daily workouts, they think you’re insane. Barefoot running not only pushes your endurance levels even farther, it also provides you with plenty of chances to injure yourself.
Minimalist Running Shoes
To safely get through your daily CrossFit warmup exercises, and complete your amazing barefoot run, you need a pair of training shoes that give you stability and support while still letting you experience the feel of the trail. With that in mind, we found a pair of minimalist running shoes that will keep you running over any trail you’re daily workout requires.
Ideal for Weightlifting Too
For lifting, you’ll want a pair of shoes that have a minimal heel toe drop. This makes it much easier to do things like squats and deadlifts. Plus, you’ll want something that grips the floor really well and keeps you stable.
Does the Inov 8 Bare XF 260 meet the test? Yes! They have a minimal differential, as well as very grippy sole. Although they don’t offer a ton of support, many people find that they do well as a lifting shoe.
Where to Buy Them?
You can check out one of our top picks at this site for yourself online:
Key Features of Inov-8 Bare-XF 260 Shoes
As a CrossFitter, you are always trying to improve your performance and set new personal records. Minimalist running shoes help give you that edge with their extremely lightweight design. With the innovative features of Inov-8 Bare XF 260 shoes, you get this and more.
Some of the other key features of these athletic shoes include:
- Mesh covering, and breathable fabric inner that helps keep your feet cool and dry even during your most strenuous runs.
- Durable rubber sole that gives you the stability you need to quickly cover miles and the support to get through the entire CrossFit warmup exercises.
- Lightweight construction that makes these shoes ideal for shaving seconds off your personal times.
- Flex grooves that give your feet complete freedom of movement for faster reflex times.
- Rope-tec system on the upper to increase traction on climbs, and also increase durability
- New technology gives 50% better traction than previous models in the forefoot
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for increased comfort and customized fit
- Removable mesh foam insole
- Midsole offers shock absorption and energy transfer
- External heel cage addd support
- Highly breathable knitted upper delivers the best lightweight fit possible with superior comfort
- External heel cage wraps around the rear of the shoe, providing additional support in the heel when...
- A 360 degree shield extends onto the shoes upper to deliver traction and durability on rope climbs
- Flexible outsole and lug pattern make the shoe super versatile, perfect for multi environment usage
- Size note: The shoes come up a 5 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide)
Advantages of Minimalist Shoes
Minimalist shoes are a great way for you to get even more from your CrossFit WODs. Their lightweight design gives you that extra push you need to set a new record while still being able to protect your feet. When the pressure is on to do your best, you need a pair of shoes that give you an advantage. With the flex groove technology, you can go from a fast sprint immediately to your rope climbing repetitions and lifting exercises without having to stop.
The minimal support gives you the feeling of running barefoot while still protecting your toes. The innovative lacing support means that you never have to worry about losing your shoes, even when you are in the midst of a rope challenge.
Whether you simply love barefoot running or are trying to challenge your own personal best, these minimalist running shoes will give you the advantage you need to succeed.
Inov-8 Bare XF 260 Review
What Do People Think about the Bare XF 260 Shoes?
“I have super wide feet, and my other problem is that I’m very picky for what shoes I’ll wear during my Cross Fit workouts. They’re stable under a heavy load when lifting, have enough cushioning for jumps and seem durable enough for rope climbs. Basically, just about everything you could want!”
“These are the ultimate squatting shoes…super grippy and very flat, with reasonably hard soles. I use them for some light cardio during warm-ups and have no complaints about that. I’ll be buying another pair in case they every discontinue these things! The fit is true to size.”
“I use these things for trail runs and am very happy with them. They really are a minimal running shoe with not a lot of support or padding. However, the sole is thick enough that you don’t feel every single little twig or rock. The soles are very sticky and grip is no problem.”
- For versatile training.
- Unrivalled grip: 360 degree ROPE-TEC system extends onto the shoe's upper delivers traction and...
- Phenomenal grip: New industry-leading Sticky Grip rubber delivers over 50% better traction in the...
- Agility: Next generation META-FLEX technology and optimal multi-directional flexibility moves with...
- Get more support: External Heel Cage wraps around the rear of the shoe and provides support in the...
This British athletic shoe company puts most of their energy into designing innovative barefoot running shoes that let you experience your off-road runs in a new way. Founded in 2003, they have quickly become one of the leading names in off-road running.
These days, many people swear by Inov-8 shoes for CrossFit workouts. They’re durable, comfortable and and an excellent product at a great price. Customer service is excellent as well, should you have any problems with them (most people don’t!).
Compare Minimalist CrossFit Shoes
If you’re looking to go minimal for your gym workouts, then you’ll need to check out our top picks in this handy comparison chart below. There are a number of brands that you might want to consider.
The Takeaway on the Inov-8 Bare XF-260 Shoes
The Inov-8 Men’s Bare-XF 260 running shoes give you all the advantages you need to perform at your personal best. Watch seconds fall off your personal times and experience the stability and support of the shoes while you are running. Switch between your different workouts without having to stop, and see what it’s like to never lose your momentum.
Can I Use them For CrossFit?
That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked. Some people use lifting shoes, others use minimal shoes like these ones, and finally, a lot of people use cross-trainers or specialized CrossFit shoes for Cross Fit workouts. In reality, any of these options are fine.
However, we recommend lifting shoes only for workouts heavy on the lifting, while CrossFit or minimal shoes are more versatile and can handle a variety of exercises a lot more easily.
So, is the Bare XF 260 ideal for CrossFit? Yes! It certainly does make a good choice and is actually one of our top products that we like to recommend for this style of workout.
Order your pair of minimalist shoes online today. You can check for the lowest prices and free shipping deals here:
Have your Say about these Minimalist Shoes!
What are your thoughts about these minimalist shoes from Inov-8? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by John James (see all)
- Nike Flex Supreme Review: Best CrossFit Shoes for Women - March 15, 2019
- Puma Pulse XT Cross-Training Shoe Review: Are they Right For You? - February 25, 2019
- Nobull Training Shoes Review: The Right CrossFit Shoes for You? - February 21, 2019
Last update on 2019-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API