Are you looking for a pair of top-quality cross-training shoes? Then the Nike Flex Supremes should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if they’re right for you.
Review of the Nike Flex Supreme Training Shoes
There is absolutely no denying that Nike has never ceased to amaze the world with its innovative footwear. With its unique series and models ranging from sports to lifestyle, it has provided its customers with an array of options to choose from. And not just that, its quality and durability also never fail to disappoint.
Among these is the incredible cross trainer known as the Nike Flex Supreme TR which we are going to review in this article. Below mentioned are some of its key features that sets it apart from any ordinary shoe followed by its pros and cons to assist you in making a decision if you are considering buy it.
Does it sound like the right training shoes for you? Check them out on Amazon.com to find the best prices. And, don’t forget to see if they’re eligible for free shipping along with an Amazon Prime membership:
Size and Fit
Before buying any footwear, the greatest concern of buyer is of course whether it is available in their size and if it would fit them perfectly. Now it may come as a disappointment if you didn’t already know that the Flex Supreme TR 5 is only available in women’s sizes. Although there are previous models that do offer sizes for men, this one is particularly a part of women’s collection.
Now let’s begin with the outsole. Although the midsole of the Flex Supreme TR makes up most of its platform, the outsole still plays a unique part in setting it apart from an average.
It is made up of phylon/phylite with rubber traction pods shaped like hexagons located beneath the foot area and the heel counter. This is abrasion resistant and helps in providing excellent grip and stability. The key feature known as the Nike flex are segmented areas which upon movement, give ease and flexibility in running or walking and improves traction. Along with that, the rubber compound adds to the grip and is strong and durable.
The midsole consists of foams that are made up of phylon/phylite mold which are both firm and soft. The varying foams are not purposeless but have their own essential functions. The soft area helps in absorbing shock thereby minimizing injury while the firm foam helps in stability. This can play an important role during workouts or while going on a light jog.
If this was not enough to testify for its coziness, you must know that there is a foam inside the shoe. This molded insole follows the shape of your foot which creates comfortable cushioning around it which serves as an additional layer to keep your foot safe from being injured and absorb shock.
- Flywire cables in the forefoot integrate with the laces for a dynamic fit
- Anatomically-placed foam pods on either side of the inner heel provide comfort and prevent heel...
- Hexagonal pattern is hot-knife cut into the outsole enhancing flexibility and 360-degree movement...
- Dual-density foam is fused together to provide customized cushioning where you need it most
- The upper layer offers soft, comfortable support while the lower layer, which also doubles as an...
The upper of the Nike Flex Supreme is made up of mesh and synthetic materials which is flexible as well as breathable, assisting in ventilation. There is a textured Nike Swoosh along the toebox and different types of leathers used along the sides of the shoe. The laces feature a new thread technology called Flywire which helps in giving a comfortable and cozy fit. When the laces are pulled, the Flywire is activated which gives a supportive fit on the upper part of your foot.
On the collar, there are foam pods that support the ankle which keeps the foot from slipping accidentally and a padded tongue with a single slot to secure the laces. At the back of the heel, there is more mesh material with a rubber on which the Nike Swoosh is placed.
What Do People Think About Them?
“Fit true to size and are ideal for gym workouts, a walk around the block or sports with the kids. I love the plain colours, which makes them a nice choice for people that can wear sneakers to work.”
“Breathable and lightweight, but fit a little bit on the narrow side. So, if you have wider feet, you’ll want to consider something else. Also, the padding on the back of the ankle goes up a wee bit high and I found it kind of uncomfortable.”
“Great pair of cross-training shoes from Nike at a nice price. I use them for CrossFit, or other kinds of gym workouts and so far am very happy with them. They seem durable enough for how much I paid for them.”
Nike Flex Supreme Review
- Lightweight and comfortable footwear which are simply great for the gym and for general errands.
- Its stylish and dynamic features give a trendy and at the same time plush look. The clean look and the right amount of color adds to the class.
- Provides great grip and is perfect for runners, people who jog or practice strenuous sports, weight training and high-intensity routines.
- Snug fit and lockdown offer enough lateral support. The foot feels in place and does not feel discomfort because of the cushioning.
- Breathable because of the engineered mesh at the upper part of the shoe.
- Hexagonal pattern enhancing flexibility and 360-degree movement for training activities.
- Foam pods provide comfort to your heels and keeping you from slipping.
- Shock absorption and stability.
- The narrow toe can leave less space for the forefoot to relax.
- The ability to fit according to the shoe may cause it to expand within some time. As it can expand to a half size bigger, the better choice would be to get a half size smaller shoe and not your regular shoe size.
- The platform can be a little low to the ground and if your preference is towards having a higher outsole, you may not like it.
- May not be suitable for walking miles or travelling in rough conditions. Mountainous areas or rocky roads are not the right places to wear this shoe.
Are these Shoes Ideal for CrossFit?
That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked. You’ll probably want to know whether or not the Nike Flex Supreme sneakers can be used for a CrossFit workout.
If you take a look around your CrossFit box, or ask your trainer, you’ll notice that there is a huge variety of shoe possibilities. You can find everything from minimal running shoes to lifting shoes.
Of course, most people are wearing dedicated CrossFit shoes, or cross-trainers like these ones. Because CrossFit is such a versatile workout, you’ll want an all-round shoe like this one that can do everything reasonably well.
The Nike Flex Supreme would certainly make a good choice for this style of workout. You’ll be able to jump, run, lift, and climb in style.
Compare CrossFit Shoes
Besides these Nike cross-trainers, there are plenty of other choices for CrossFit shoes. You can check out some of our top picks here:
Or, check out this handy comparison chart below:
The Takeaway on the Nike Flex Supreme
Over all, this shoe provides a minimal feel with excellent flexibility, ventilation and stability. It is light on the feet and the cushioning makes it super comfortable. The unique lacing system and the engineered mesh provide a snug fit for the foot and has the ability to expand to fit the shape of your shoe. Due to the material that has been used, then can fit to a half size bigger foot. This can make it easier for you to walk and even include in your all-day wear.
Despite, the aforementioned downsides of the Nike Flex Supreme, this shoe is still incredible in its own way. The stylish and attractive look, the great fit and excellent flexibility and stability qualifies it as a running shoe, a gym shoe or even to be used as a daily wear.
Supportive and Stable
Its supportive upper and the stable platform with proper cushioning makes it comfortable to walk around without the fear of slipping and getting injured. All in all, it is a safe, comfortable and stylish pair of cross trainers that you can add to your foot wear collection if you are looking for one!
Where Can I Get Them?
You can check out the Nike Flex Supreme Training Shoes for yourself online. Check now for the lowest prices on workout shoes:
Have Your Say about the Nike Flex Supreme Sneakers
What are your thoughts about these popular cross trainers from Nike? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by John James (see all)
- Xero Shoes Review: The Best Minimalist Shoes for CrossFit? - June 19, 2019
- Asics Conviction X Review: The Best Asics CrossFit Shoe? - June 12, 2019
- Nike Romaleos 3 Weightlifting Shoe Review - May 14, 2019
Last update on 2019-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API