If you’re looking for one of the best pairs of CrossFit shorts for women, you’re in the right place. We have Reebok CrossFit shorts, shorts from Lululemon and more. Read our buying guide packed with information to find the right pair for you.
Women CrossFit Shorts: Top 15 Options
Before we get into the full reviews of our top picks for CrossFit Women Shorts, here’s a sneak peak at our favourites:
- Reebok CrossFit Board Shorts
- Lululemon Speed Shorts
- Reebok Women’s Stamina Shorts
- Reebok CrossFit Chase Bootie Short
- Under Armour Play 2.0 Shorts
- Epic MMA Bootie Shorts
- Tough Mode Workout Shorts
- Cadmus WOD Shorts
- Elite Sports CrossFit Shorts
- Jaco Women’s Compression Shorts
- Virus CrossFit Shorts Women’s
- Under Armour HeatGear Women’s Middy Shorts
- Hane’s Workout Shorts
- Asics Women’s Break Through Performance Short
- Adidas 3-Stripe Fitness Shorts
What are the Best Women’s CrossFit Shorts?
The CrossFit program is designed for universal acceptability, making it suitable for any dedicated individual regardless of prior knowledge in the field. For this very reason, it is becoming more and more popular as the years go by.
The Right Kind of CrossFit Gear
To make CrossFit training as fruitful as it should be, you must be equipped with the right kind of attire, and CrossFit shorts are counted as a vital inclusion in that category. After all, you don’t want what you’re wearing to get in the way of your maximum athletic performance.
Men’s vs Women’s Workout Shorts
But there is a difference in the requirements between women’s and men’s shorts for CrossFit, and the most important one is that of design. Men tend to wear shorts that resemble board shorts or MMA fight shorts. Women, on the contrary, prefer shorts that look like bike shorts or capris. The functional properties, however are essentially the same.
Our Top Picks for WOD Shorts for Women
Below are listed some of the most desired CrossFit shorts for women from which you can choose. They not only look great in the gym, but they offer some serious performance to help you reach your maximum performance.
#1: Reebok CrossFit Board Shorts
This one is a great product from Reebok that allows maximum mobility. They are sweat wicking and last really long. Plus, they’ve got a striking bug print and a concealed message to provide you with supreme coziness.
- They are super cozy and breezy
- These popular CrossFit shorts absorb excess sweat and manages moisture well
- They provide an odour-free experience
- The leg openings are broad enough for ease during squats, but not so wide as to attract unwanted attention
- According to some customers, a tighter fit is more desirable
Where Can I Get these CrossFit Women’s Shorts?
You can easily find these top-quality Women’s Reebok CrossFit shorts at Reebok.com:
#2: Lululemon Speed Short Four-Way Stretch
This one is a very stylish offering from Lululemon that, although not intended specifically for CrossFit, has fundamentally the same features and makes excellent shorts for any WOD. These shorts will make you feel comfortable and cool from training days to race day. A flexible draw cord ensures maximum comfort during your workout.
- They retain shape and lie flat under your top
- These shorts have a back zipper pocket along with two waistband pouches
- The four-way, stretchable, ultra fabric is sweat wicking and lightweight.
- They are extremely comfortable and suitable for any CrossFit or gym workout.
- According to some customers, a thicker, higher waistband would have been preferable
- They are not suitable for tall people according to some
Where to Get Them?
You can easily find these on Amazon.com. Check now for the lowest prices on Women’s CrossFit shorts:
#3: Reebok Women’s Stamina Short (Black)
This robust short is complete with a scalloped hem for easy flexibility, and the heavy-gauge waistband provides maximum support. This one consists of a pouch pocket on the right leg, and tonal stitching ties it firmly together.
- They are very sturdy
- These CrossFit shorts allow ample support and flexibility
- They come with pouch pockets for storing cards or keys
- Some people prefer longer shorts
- Pockets could be deeper
You can easily find these at Reebok.com:
#4: Reebok CrossFit Chase Bootie Short
Another great product from Reebok, this moisture-wicking short is apt for both indoor and outdoor training. Flat-lock seams assist in reducing irritation, and a mesh waistband provides comfort. They make an excellent choice for CrossFit shorts for women.
- They are super comfortable
- The material used is not transparent
- This one needs minimal roll up
- Some customers are concerned with the seams, as they seem to run down at times
Where to Find Them
You can easily get Reebok CrossFit Shorts for Women at Reebok:
#5: Under Armour Women’s Play Up 2.0 Shorts
If you’re looking for a very comfortable pair of women’s CrossFit shorts, then these ones from Under Armour should also be at the top of your list. The Women’s play-up 2.0 shorts have a ton of features that you’ll love. Because they’re made from breathable, wicking fabric, they’re ideal not just for the gym, but for traveling and outdoor activities as well.
Keep on reading to find out more:
- Soft material
- Lightweight and breathable
- Side pockets
- Anti-odour technology
- Wicking fabric to help with chafing
- Some people find 100% polyester shorts uncomfortable
- A little bit baggy in the front for some people
Where Can I Get Them?
Do they sound like the right pair of CrossFit women’s shorts? You can check them out for yourself over on Amazon.com:
#6: EPIC MMA Booty Shorts
Along with these shorts from Reebok, Under Armour and Lululemon, you’ll also want to consider EPIC. They’re tight, flattering and will never get in the way when you’re going for your personal best. They also come in a variety of colours and are so comfortable that many people get multiple pairs and wear them basically all the time.
Booty shorts for CrossFit
- Variety of colours and patterns
- Mix of nylon/spandex for a nice fit
- Flat stitching and 4-way stretch ensures a comfortable fit
- Moisture wicking
- Don’t ride up like some other booty shorts
- Could be more breathable
- A little bit see through, depending on what colour you choose
Where to Get Them
Do they sound like the shorts you need for your next Nasty Girls CrossFit workout? They’re certainly in the running for the best booty shorts for CrossFit. You can learn more about them here:
#7: Tough Mode 3″ Workout Shorts
- Free shipping ,100% money-back guarantee within 30 days.
- Please check out OUR SIZE CHART in the end of PICTURE DETAIL.
- Functional-active-fabric provide more stretch and compression, perfectly fit your body.
- Advanced workout Shorts, comfy matt finish brings out the beauty of body, no see-through
- No logo print, and our shorts are made of two different cutting patterns and material, pattern...
Another top pick for women CrossFit shorts are these ones from Tough Mode. There are a number of reason why you might want to consider them over the competition. Keep on reading to find out more.
- Comes in a huge variety of colors
- 100% money back guarantee within 30 days
- Reasonably priced and includes fast, free shipping
- Soft and stretchy compression fabric
- No logo
- Not see through
- Great customer service
- Not much compression or stretchiness (some people prefer this)
- Stitching in the crotch area
- Some people wished they were a bit tighter
What are People Saying About Them?
“Follow the sizing instructions and you should get the right size. I love that they’re made from a very nice material that’s stretchy, but not too stretchy. This helps them to not ride up during my workout. And for the price, I really have no complaints at all.”
“Nice pair of WOD shorts and arrived even faster than I expected. Would definitely recommend them to anyone women who do CrossFit, volleyball, MMA, etc. As far as size goes, they run a wee bit small, but not by much.”
“Don’t love the seams in the crotch area, and I kind of wish they were a bit tighter so that they stayed in place more. They don’t really work for me, but you may like them if you don’t like tight booty shorts.”
Where Can I Find Them?
You can easily find some of the best booty shorts for CrossFit on Amazon. Click the link below to check them out for yourself over on Amazon:
#8: Cadmus Women’s WOD Shorts
- NOTICE: SIZE SOMEWHAT SMALLER than you normally wear, Please refer to the size chart of the last...
- Non See-through Fabric. Hidden waistband pocket for stashing your key or card
- Dri Fit and Sweat wicking fabric can keeps you dry and comfortable,Two-way air circulation,...
- Flatlock seams reduce chafing and increase comfort, Gusseted crotch for greater freedom of movement
- Perfect for everyday use: volleyball,dancing,yoga,exercise,fitness,any type of workout,and Daily...
One of our top picks for WOD shorts for women are these ones from Cadmus. They are a high waist, stretchy pair of athletic shorts that doesn’t ride up during a tough session at the gym. After all, the last thing you want to worry about when you’re going for your personal best is what’s happening with your shorts, right?
- Extremely reasonably priced (comes in a multi-colored 3 pack)
- Money back guarantee within 30 days
- Hidden waistband pocket for your key or some money
- Sweat wicking fabric keeps you cool and comfortable
- Flatlock seams reduce chafing
- Ideal for yoga, exercise, fitness, or CrossFit
- Color not really accurate in the pictures on Amazon
- Has the camel toe look in front
- Seam on the inside is irritating for some people
What do People Think About these CrossFit Shorts Womens?
“The fabric is quite thin, but they’re opaque enough that you can’t see through them. Enough coverage for a full squat or any sort of yoga position you can’t get yourself into. I’m very happy with them and like how reasonably priced they are.”
“Exactly what I was looking for. They’re a little bit longer than booty shorts and don’t ride up.”
“These shorts are fine and my whole team uses them for running. However, the color isn’t really as shows in the pictures so beware of this if you care about it.”
Shop Now for these Women’s WOD Shorts
You can easily find these WOD shorts for Women on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if they’re eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#9: Elite Sports CrossFit Shorts for Women
- ✅ QUALITY FABRIC – Elite Sports compression base layer women’s training shorts are made of the...
- ✅ COMFORTABLE FITTING – These women's workout shorts are stretchable providing you the best fit....
- ✅ COMPLETE EASE OF MOTIONS – The moisture-wicking and breathable fabric of our yoga shorts for...
- ✅ IMPROVED PERFORMANCE – These women running shorts are lightweight and comfortable ones that...
- ✅ VERSATILITY – These women workout shorts are versatile adapting to the type of workout,...
Another top pick for workout shorts for women are these ones from Elite Sports. Besides shorts, they make a wide range of top-quality athletic apparel for CrossFit, MMA, boxing, Judo, etc. Here are some of the reasons we like their shorts so much.
- 92% polyester, 8% spandex
- Quick-dry and moisture wicking
- Flatlock stitching makes them very comfortable
- Reflective logo
- Don’t ride up like some other bootie shorts
- Top-notch customer service and support
What do People Think About Them?
“Nice, comfortable material that didn’t ride up when I worked out. They are pretty short, but if that’s what you like, then go for it! They do have enough coverage that you won’t feel uncomfortable in the gym or whatever.”
“Great shorts with very good quality. I’ve been using them a few times a week for 6 months now and no real signs of wear and tear.”
“Ideal for CrossFit workouts. They are short enough, and comfortable enough to allow for a full range of motion. Highly recommended.”
You can easily find these top-quality athletic shorts for women online. Check now for the best prices on Amazon:
#10: Jaco Women’s Compression Shorts
- Body hugging slim fit tights style, holds shape while active; Performance activewear, workout...
- Zip and clasp free, pulls on easily, tagless; High quality, durable womens shorts with flatlock...
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low, low iron; Womens, ladies sizing, may fit some youth, teen girls;...
- Mid-rise elastic waist, 5” inseam, Sm: 30” waistM: 30.5” waist, L: 31” waist, XL: 31.5”...
- (1) Pair Moisture Wicking Compression Shorts By Jaco, Choose Size And Color From Dropdown Menu, New...
If you’re looking for a pair of compression type shorts for your next WOD, then these ones from Jaco athletics should be at the to of your list. They have a ton of features you love and lots of satisfied customers. Keep on reading to find out why we like these compression shorts so much.
- Moisture wicking fabric
- Holds shape while you’re active
- Slim fitting
- No zippers or clasps for a comfortable fit
- Flatlock stitching
- Ideal as a base layer, or alone
- 5″ inseam
- Machine washable, tumble dry on low
Customer Reviews for these WOD Shorts Women
“Really nice fabric that feels great next to my skin. I love that they’re a bit longer than normal bootie shorts, which I’m pretty uncomfortable wearing! Just about the only negative is that they might be a bit small for someone with a bootie or big hips.”
“Comfortable compression shorts and are now my go-to shorts for CrossFit workouts and basically any time that I go to the gym.”
Do they sound like the right pair of CrossFit women shorts? You can easily find them on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the lowest prices:
#11: Virus CrossFit Booty Shorts
- Bioceramic Fabric
- 2 Inch Waistband
- Mesh Panels on Sides,Internal Drawstring
- 2 Inch Inseam,8.5 Inch Outseam
- Quick Dry Wicks Away Moisture and Sweat
If you’re looking for some women’s WOD shorts, then look no further than these ones from Virus. They’re affordably priced, but the quality is a cut above much of the competition.
What does this mean for you? Shorts that are super comfortable to wear, don’t bunch up and dry quickly, even when you’re dripping with sweat.
- Available in a large variety of stylish colours
- Don’t bunch up
- Bioceramic fabric
- Wide, 2-inch waistband
- Side mesh panels allow for freedom on movement and breathability
- Internal drawstring keeps these shorts in place well
- Quick dry fabric wicks moisture away from the skin
User Reviews for Virus Booty Shorts
“I have a pretty difficult time finding CrossFit shorts that don’t bunch up and get all “up there” when I’m lifting, running or doing whatever. I tried these ones on the recommendation of a friend and am so happy that I gave them a chance. They’re a wee bit more expensive than some of the other options out there, but the quality is much higher.”
“Top-quality workout shorts for women. I love the nice colours, plus the design is perfect for me. My only complaint is that I wish they were a little bit longer, but can’t complain too much. They’re booty shorts after all!”
Get some of the Best CrossFit Shorts Here
Do you want to find out more about these popular WOD shorts for women? Then you’ll need to click the button below to learn more, and also to check for the lowest prices:
#12: Under Amour Women’s HeatGear Mid-Cut Shorts
- Locked-in UA Compression fit makes you feel more powerful
- Super-light HeatGear fabric delivers superior coverage without weighing you down
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- 4-way stretch construction moves better in every direction
- Anti-odor technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes
If you’re looking for a pair of compression shorts that aren’t booty shorts, then look no further than these middy ones from Under Armour. They go to mid-thigh which results in far less bunching up and annoyance during a tough workout.
Combine that with the reasonable price, along with nice, comfortable fabric and you certainly have one of the best shorts for CrossFit or lifting. Keep on reading to find out more about them.
- Mid-cut length for those that don’t want a booty short
- 100% polyester
- Machine washable
- Compression fit for extra security
- Lightweight HeatGear fabric
- Wicking fabric
- 4-way stretch allows for maximum movement
What do People Think about Them?
“I bought these for strength training, and expected them to ride up just like all the other compression shorts I’ve tried. Not these ones though. The extra length in the thigh seemed to do the trick and they’re now my go-to workout shorts. Nicely done Under Armour.”
“I LOVE workout gear made from HeatGear fabric. It’s just so comfortable, helps me to stay cool and feels nice next to the skin. Besides that, I love the longer length and fit of these shorts.”
Shop Now for these Women’s Lifting Shorts from UA
Do you want to find out more about these women’s CrossFit or lifting shorts? Then you’ll need to click the button below:
#13: Hane’s Jersey Workout Shorts, a Very Cheap Option
- Soft stretch cotton jersey fabric keeps you comfortable
- Wide, ribbed waistband with adjustable outer drawcord
- Roomy side pockets for storage
- All the comfort of Hanes with our famous tag-free waist
- 7" inseam
Unlike the majority of the other options on this list, these fitness shorts are not made from moisture wicking material like polyester or spandex. Instead, they’re 100% cotton which can make them extremely comfortable and cozy to wear. If you don’t sweat that much, they might be a great choice for Wod shorts for women.
The other reason you might want to consider them is the length. They come down to mid-thigh, unlike many other workout shorts for women that are more like bootie shorts.
Important Features of these Cheap Workout Shorts
- 100% cotton
- Drawstring closure
- Machine washable
- Comes to mid-thigh
- Wide waistband with drawcord
- Roomy side pockets
- Tag-free waist
- 7 inch inseam
- Very reasonably priced
“These cheap fitness shorts have certainly lived up to my expectations. I didn’t want to drop $50 on a pair and ran across these. The result? I couldn’t be happier and they certainly get the job done in a big way.”
“So I was looking for a pair of cheap women’s CrossFit shorts and decided to give them ones a try. I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are and they also allow a full range of motion for doing squats, lunges, box jumps, etc.”
Do you want to pick up these affordable women’s workout shorts? Head over to Amazon by clicking the button below and don’t forget to see if these are eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#14: Asics Women’s Break Through Workout Shorts
- Cool zone Technology
- Elastic encased drawcord at waistband
- 4 inch inseam length
If you’re looking for some WOD shorts for women that aren’t super tight and super short, then consider this looser, longer ones from Adidas. These Break Through performance workout shorts are made from 100% polyester which will keep you cool, dry and comfortable during even the longest and toughest workouts.
- Available in a variety of colors
- 100% polyester
- Drawstring closure
- Looser fit
- Machine washable
- Underwear liner (can be but out if desired)
- 4 inch inseam
“Really nice pair of fitness shorts that allow for a full range of motion but aren’t too bulky that they get int the way when doing dynamic movements. I liked them enough that I bought a few more pairs in different colors.”
“Very well-priced shorts that are ideal for CrossFit. Not too short, not too long and I really have nothing to complain about!”
Buy Yours Today
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced pair of Asics WOD shorts, then look no further than this nice option. They are cool, comfortable and not super short! Head over to Amazon to pick them up today:
#15: Adidas 3-Strip Women’s Fitness Shorts
- Slim-fit training shorts made with sweat-wicking fabric to keep you cool
- Slim fit is cut close to the body
- Drawcord on elastic waist lets you customize your fit
- Mid rise
- Climalite fabric sweeps sweat away from your skin
If you’re looking for a pair of cheap, basic workout shorts then these classic 3-strip ones from Adidas might do the trick. They are loose, comfortable to wear and have the perfect length to them. Keep on reading to find out why we like them so much.
- Classic 3-stripe design
- 100% polyester (some recycled)
- Elastic enclosure
- Slim fit
- Moisture wicking fabric
What do People Think About Them?
“Nice fit and great feel to them. I use them for all kinds of workouts, including Cross Fit and like them so much that I’ve picked up a few more pairs in different colours now.”
“These cheap fitness shorts were exactly what I was looking for. They are short but not bootie shorts and great quality, especially when you consider the price.”
Get These CrossFit Women’s Shorts Now
Do you want to pick up these women’s WOD shorts for your next workout? They are reasonably priced, have a great design and fabric that’ll keep you comfortable. Head over to Amazon to find out more about them here:
Workout Shorts For Women
These are in short some of the best women’s CrossFit shorts available that give a hassle-free and fulfilling workout session where you can try your limits. You can pick any from the above and don’t have to worry about your shorts again and can give 100 percent to training.
Oh yeah, if you’re looking for any other gear for your next workout, you’ll want to check this out:
Women CrossFit Shorts FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about these kind of workouts shorts for ladies. Here are the answers to some of the most popular ones.
Why are Women’s CrossFit Shorts so Short?
Women’s CrossFit shorts are so short because they’re more comfortable than wearing longer ones for exercises like squats or similar movements. Shorter ones allow for a great range or motion and less restriction during exercises.
What Should You Not Wear to CrossFit?
It’s best to wear fitted clothing during a CrossFit workout. As far as what not to wear, be sure to avoid loose fitting shirts, shorts or pants that can get in the way during lifts, or fly up over your head during inverted movements like handstand push-ups.
What Material Should I Look for in CrossFit Shorts?
The best material for CrossFit or other workout shorts are ones that are made from synthetic material like spandex, nylon, or polyester. These wick moisture away from the skin, keeping you cool and comfortable, unlike cotton which doesn’t have the same property to it.
Why are Women's CrossFit Shorts so Short?
Women's CrossFit shorts are so short because they're more comfortable than wearing longer ones for exercises like squats or similar movements. Shorter ones allow for a great range or motion and less restriction during exercises.
What Should You Not Wear to CrossFit?
It's best to wear fitted clothing during a CrossFit workout. As far as what not to wear, be sure to avoid loose fitting shirts, shorts or pants that can get in the way during lifts, or fly up over your head during inverted movements like handstand push-ups.
What Material Should I Look for in CrossFit Shorts?
The best material for CrossFit or other workout shorts are ones that are made from synthetic material like spandex, nylon, or polyester. These wick moisture away from the skin, keeping you cool and comfortable, unlike cotton which doesn't have the same property to it.
Have your Say about the Best CrossFit Shorts for Women
What are your thoughts about shorts for CrossFit women? Which of the top brands are you considering? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other female fitness buffs, like yourself find this useful resource.
- CrossFit Shorts for Women: Top 15 Picks | CrossFit Gear for Women - April 8, 2020
- Top CrossFit Treadmills for Home Use | Gym Quality Treadmills - April 8, 2020
- CrossFit Gear for Women | CrossFit Clothing and Apparel - April 7, 2020
Last update on 2020-04-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API