CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that is becoming a global phenomenon in a very short time. It involves a high range of flexibility-oriented workouts that includes everything from a casual jog or sprint or gymnastics to high-intensity training like Olympic weightlifting, plyometric, or cardio exercises. It offers some serious results in a very short amount of time to those who dedicated themselves to it! But, you should of course have the right CrossFit gear and CrossFit clothing for women!
People from all over the world are actually going for this training program, and, of course, women are not lagging behind. Now, to maximize your performance in this particular sport, you need effective gear. This is because CrossFit involves very high endurance exercises that test and tend to push your limits to the maximum.
So just spending hours at the gym is not enough because you will end up feeling sick and nauseated after such a hefty workout session. This is the reason why having the right kind of gear including a fitness tracker for this kind of training program is truly essential.
Best CrossFit Gear for Women
Below are listed some of the best and must-have CrossFit workout gear for women, which will help you achieve the maximum in your workout session.
Reebok CrossFit Nano 9
The first thing that comes to mind whenever you are trying to think of CrossFit gear is the right pair of shoes without which an exercise, let alone CrossFit, is impossible to conduct.
These top-quality CrossFit shoes from Reebok really make a difference in performance. It is a pretty sturdy pair that will be able to put up with your daily, high-intensity workouts and provide a perfect fit, and not only in the gym. You can actually use these fashionable shoes from Reebok as daily wear too. They are super comfy, lightweight and deliver a good stance while lifting weight.
- They are super comfortable and you can use it as a daily wear
- They are quite lightweight
- These popular CrossFit shoes provide a good stance while lifting weight
- They are quite sturdy and durable
- For some customers sizing was an issue with these
- Some customers complain that it doesn’t provide ample arch support
- They are not good for running on wet surfaces, according to some customers
If you’re looking for one of the best CrossFit shoes for women, then you’ll need to check them out online. Find the best prices, along with deals that include free shipping:
CrossFit Women’s Gear: CrossFit Gloves
- No More Destroyed Hands : Blisters, callouses, rips and tears on your hands will put you on the...
- Premium Materials and Construction : Unlike other brands, we use top quality material that is not...
- Perfect For All Bar Exercises : Barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, gymnastics rings, parallel bars,...
- And They Look Cool Too : Just because they are gym equipment doesn't mean they have to be ugly.
It’s not uncommon for CrossFitters to get their hands all torn up when lifting weights, climbing ropes or doing other sorts of exercises. Sure, your hands will get tougher the longer you do CrossFit, but it’s possible to avoid a whole lot of pain by opting for a pair of workout gloves.
Not only will they protect your hands, but they’ll also help you to get a better grip on the bar during exercises which can make a big difference towards achieving your personal best. Here are some of the best options to consider:
Knee High CrossFit Socks for Women
Have you ever come across the knee-high socks that CrossFitters wear? Well, they are not only a style trend, but they actually guard your shins from all sorts of threats that you may face while performing CrossFit WODs like weightlifting, squats, deadlifts, etc.
This offering from Reebok fits the bill absolutely, as it is not only very comfortable and long lasting but also gives maximum protection to your shins when you are working out. They’re stylish too which of course is what you want for women’s CrossFit clothing, right?
- They are very comfortable
- These CrossFit socks provide maximum protection to your shins during workouts
- They are durable and long lasting
- Some people prefer shorter socks
- Can be difficult to find many color and style options online
Where to Get Them?
You can easily find these CrossFit socks for women online. Check now for the lowest prices and deals that include free shipping. It’s CrossFit attire made easy:
CrossFit Tank Tops for Women
One essential piece of gear besides shorts, shoes, socks and a sport bra is a tank top or shirt of some kind. A lot of women prefer tank tops to shirts because CrossFit is such a serious workout and it’s easy to get way too hot too quickly! Stay cool and comfortable with some of the top picks Women’s CrossFit Apparel right here:
CrossFit Shin Guards
- PROTECTION FROM ROPE CLIMBS AND BOX JUMPS - RockGuards are designed to protect your shins during...
- DURABLE SHIN GUARD - 3rd generation RockGuards are made with strong and protective 5mm neoprene...
- STAYS IN PLACE - Organically designed to conform and move with your body, with a silicone bead to...
- DRAINS & DRIES FAST - A mesh back and perforated neoprene front means you stay comfortable and dry....
- PERFORM YOUR BEST - Don’t stop training because of an injury - protect yourself before injury...
Besides knee high socks, many people also opt for shin guards during CrossFit, specifically for deadlifts, rope climbs, and box jumps. They can help to protect your skin from cuts, abrasions and bruises.
While you can use shinguards that are designed for something like soccer, there are certainly some other options to consider that are specifically designed for this sport. You can see them all here:
Check out these CrossFit Must-Haves
Do you want to find out more about the attire and apparel that you’ll need to get started with this popular sport? Then be sure to check out this short video below for all the details you need to know:
Again Faster Revolution X Rope: The Perfect CrossFit Gear
Do you think that any jump rope will help you perform unders or double unders at the box? If yes, then just try once with this one and you will definitely understand the difference. The right kind of gear is a must for CrossFit exercises, and this one is definitely not an exception.
This one is a complete revelation once you start using it at the box. Sizing is pretty easy and it also exhibits a cool look. It is also very durable and will last you for years!
- This one is really a fast rope and you will see improvements in your double unders instantly
- It is quite eye catching
- Adjusting this one is super easy
- Last but not the least it is really a durable rope
Where to Get It?
You can easily find the best jump ropes on Amazon.com:
- Expands the capacity of the BlenderBottle ProStak shaker cup to hold large protein, meal...
- Unique BlenderBottle ProStak system interlocking jars with individual lids make it possible to carry...
- Includes one one 250cc jar, two 150cc jars, two 100cc jars, and two Twist 'n Lock pill storage trays
- Compatible with any Blender Bottle Pro Stak shaker cup system / Leak-proof SureSeal flip cap, secure...
- Durable, dishwasher safe (bottle on top rack only), and BPA- and Phthalate-free
If you’re been around the CrossFit World for a while, you’ll know that people are ALL about protein shakes, both before and after a workout. When you’re working out this hard, you’re going to need something to restore your energy and help you build muscle as well.
Sure, you can use just a regular old water bottle, but most people find that they don’t work that well if you actually want your protein powder to get mixed in well. Instead, opt for a shaker bottle that are specially designed to create a serious vortex action. Here are some of the best choices to consider:
JUNK Brands Fitness Headband, Block Party/Electric, Regular
Since this is a discussion about CrossFit gear for women, one thing that just can’t be missed is taking care of the hair during workouts.
This offering from Junk Brands is of great help and solves the problem instantly. It is sweat wicking and quick drying along with being extremely comfortable. It is also machine washable. You don’t want your hair getting in the way of your maximum athletic performance, do you?
- It is sweat wicking and quick drying, thus sweating profusely is not a problem anymore
- It is extremely comfortable
- This one is also machine washable
Buy Yours Today
Check now for the best prices on fitness gear here:
Or, take a look at our top picks right here: Best Workout Headbands.
- IMPROVED FORM & TECHNIQUE – Maintaining proper squat and lifting form is essential to not only...
- PREVENT BACK INJURIES – Properly supporting your lower back (lumbar) is important, especially when...
- COMFORTABLE LEATHER – Each 4” wide genuine leather belt is comfortable, adjustable and won’t...
- BUILD CORE STRENGTH – Front to back, your core muscles play a major factor in your health and...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – ProFitness has worked hard to create the best workout belt made of...
If you like to lift heavy during your CrossFit WODs, then you may want to consider picking up a weightlifting belt. They’ll help give you the stability and support you need in your lower back so that you don’t have to worry about this area of your body when you’re going for your personal best.
There are a number of top options to consider for both men and women. To see some of our top options that are ideal for CrossFit, be sure to check this out: Best Weightlifting Belts.
WOD Fitters Grips
If you are worried about your hands continuously ripping or sweating while working out, do not be any more. For here are the latest hand grips that are much less fussy than the old tapes you have been using.
These WOD Fittners hand grips are super easy to put on, as you just have to slip it in through your middle or ring finger and tighten the Velcro around your wrists. This one keeps getting better with time as you break them in. Of course, it not only protects your hand but also provides ample comfort.
- These hand grips are much less fussy than the old tapes you have been using
- They provide ample grip and support to your hands
- The Velcro system and the leather finishing provide superior comfort
- Some customers complain that they require extended break-in time and is thus painful at the beginning
Learn More about Them
You can find out more about these popular hand grips for women on Amazon:
- Designed specifically for CrossFitters – optimal for wrist, thumb and finger taping
- Stays strongly bonded and secure through friction, tension, heat and sweat – but easy to rip...
- Our aggressive adhesive can withstand the toughest WOD's and routines
- Helps protect your hands and improve your grip - giving you what you need to hit that next PR
- Latex-free, hypoallergenic and made with cotton fabric each roll measures 10 yards x 1½ inches -...
It’s totally normal for people’s hands and fingers to get cut up during a CrossFit workout. This is mainly from climbing ropes and lifting weights. However, there are certainly some ways you can prevent this, including wearing gloves. And, some people have a specific spot on their legs that get ripped up when rope climbing.
However, not everyone likes their hands to be totally enclosed because they can get all sweaty. If this is the situation for you, you may want to consider using Goat Tape, which bills itself as the world’s stickiest tape. Just be sure to shave the area before applying it because it will definitely rip the hair out when removing it.
Do you want to find out more about this athletic tape? Check it out here: Goat Tape Review.
Schiek Heavy Duty Wrist Wrap Black
This one is not a mandatory inclusion in your CrossFit gear, but it does provide ample support to the wrists while working out. Thus you wrists remain protected during daily training sessions. Additionally, it is also very durable and should last for a long time.
- It provides ample support to the wrists while working out.
- This wrist wrap can reduce wrist pain if regularly used
- It is very durable
- It protects your wrists during high-intensity workouts
- Some reports that the strap rubbed on the wrist
You can easily find this product online. Check now for the best deals on fitness products:
Are you looking for a way to get a better grip on the bar when working out at the gym, doing a CrossFit WOD, or competing in gymnastics? Do you want to know an option that’s better than chalk in that it won’t dry out your hands and cause rips?
Then you’ll definitely want to consider WodWax. It’s an antibacterial wax bar that works just like gym chalk, except better. Try it out for yourself and you’ll see the difference. Many people who do CrossFit love this stuff and won’t do a workout without it. Seriously, it needs to have a dedicated spot in your CrossFit bag, okay?
If you’re getting more into weightlifting, you may find that the bar hurts your neck when it rests on it like with a squat. The good news is that you don’t have to suffer! Just slip a top-quality barbell pad into your workout bag and you’ll be lifting like a champ but without the discomfort.
- 🍑SAVE MONEY WITH THIS BUNDLE PACK - Each pack comes with ONE Kickback Ankle Strap and ONE Barbell...
- 🍑TRAIN IN STYLE - With our cute squat pad and leg straps for cable machine attachment, you'll...
- 🍑 SCULPT AND TONE WITH ULTIMATE COMFORT - Our barbell neck pad is constructed using soft, thick,...
- 🍑 HAVE THE LEAN BEACH BODY YOU’VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF - Leg day will never be the same. Make this...
- 🍑LIFETIME MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We are confident you'll LOVE our products! If for any reason you...
Sounds like something that might be right for your next lifting session? Then you’ll certainly want to check out some of our top picks right here:
The Workout Log
One thing that is absolutely necessary for CrossFit training is keeping track of your daily progress. Everyday, whatever you achieve must be jotted down so that you may keep note of how you are improving. There’s nothing more rewarding than taking a look back through your old log books to see how much progress you’ve made in a month, 6 months or a year.
This log exhibits a cool cover page followed by a page that explains how to use the book in a user-friendly way. The next two pages are intended to interpret your current body statistics and the maximum bench press and squats that you perform each day. The “log” portion is planned in an easy-to-use format where you may note how many reps you performed in a particular day along with your weight
- The plastic cover is very long lasting
- The page layout is simple yet flexible and you can jot down whatever you need to
- There is also a provision so that you can keep an extra pen as well
- You can also track your daily performance along with date and month
- Cover design is not so stylish compared to other workout logs
Where to Get it?
You can easily find this workout log on Amazon:
Fitness Watches and Trackers
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your...
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists plus store and play...
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away...
- Track heart rate 24x7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors...
Along with tracking your workouts and activities on paper, it can be fun to use an activity tracker as well to see just how active you’ve been. It’s a nice way to increase your daily activity by trying to beat your personal best and also by competing with friends and family members.
There are certainly some of them that are better than others in terms of durability, features and usability. If you want to see some of the best options out there, be sure to check out our detailed article right here:
Bear Komplex Knee Sleeve: Necessary CrossFit Gear?
- 😎 CRUSH YOUR AT-HOME WORKOUTS: Don’t miss your next home workout due to pain and discomfort...
- 🏋️♀️ KNEE SLEEVES ARE 7mm & 5mm FOR OPTIMAL SUPPORT AND COMFORT. Don’t miss your next...
- 📈 INCREASE BLOOD FLOW AND REDUCE PAIN with our sleeves. Keep your knees warm while performing a...
- 💪SHOW OFF YOUR STYLE: You’re not boring and your workout gear shouldn’t be either. Our 10+...
- 🤯WEAR IT LIKE THE PROS: Bear KompleX products are top-notch and trusted by the best athletes....
If you’re looking for a bit of extra protection for your knees during a tough WOD, then you’ll want to consider a top rated knee sleeve. They’re also ideal for running, sports or any kind of workout for that matter.
A knee sleeve can help to keep your knee warm, as well as compressing it a little bit. This can lead to an increase in blood flow to the area, which helps aid in recovery as well as prevent injury.
Does it sound like what you need? You can learn more about our top pick for CrossFitters here:
Reebok Women’s CrossFit Lifter 2.0 Training Shoe
Shoes are definitely the first priority when you are going for CrossFit training, as already mentioned above. But since CrossFit is a very intensive form of exercise, only one pair of apt shoes may not be able to meet the various demands, which include sprinting, squatting, weight lifting, and more.
Here comes the necessity of CrossFit lifters, which actually aid you when you are lifting weights. This is one of the best oly shoes that you can try. They are sturdy, very comfortable, and provide ample support, especially when you are practicing under the bar. If you’re looking for some serious weightlifting performance, these CrossFit lifter shoes from Reebok fit the bill.
- They are very comfy and snug
- These top-quality CrossFit shoes are sturdy and provides ample support while lifting weights
- They are also quite long lasting
- They also allow a good range of motion
- Not ideal for anything besides weightlifting
Where Can I Get Them?
Check now for the best prices on women’s weightlifting shoes and other women’s CrossFit gear. Oh yeah, and also be sure to find out if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Pull Up Assist Bands
- ★PATENTED DESIGN: Easier to adjust the length, easier to fix it on the bar. BOTH COLORS ARE OF THE...
- ★Ideal For Fitness Pros & Beginners:If you have a hard time getting chin-ups done or can’t...
- ★Easy to remove, install and adjust:Three plugged resistance cables and safety hook make its...
- ★Protection with the extra sleeves based on resistance tubes, you never need to worry about...
- ★100% Quality Warranty: All INNSTAR Products Are Come with 100% Lifetime Guaranteed to insure you...
If you’re working on your pull-ups but can’t quite there yet, a pull-up assist band might be just what you need. They are designed to give you a little bit of a boost to get your chin above that bar even if you don’t quite have the strength to do that yet.
There are a number of designs and styles for these kinds of devices in a variety of price ranges. As with anything, some certainly work better than others, so it’s recommended to check reviews carefully before dropping some cold, hard cash on one!
Another option is to just take a look at our recommendations right here: Best Pull Up Bands.
Tweezerman Safety Slide Callus Shaver with Rasp
Sometimes when you are working out vigorously you develop calluses on your hands. It is not always possible to go for a manicure, and as a result they may rip while you are working out, leaving you sore and perhaps not even able to work out the next day.
For this it is advisable that you keep this shaver handy. It not only removes calluses but also helps in smoothing the skin. The slide-and-lock mechanism helps keep the shaver portion protected when not in use. It’s a must-have for those lifting some serious weights, as you do in an intense CrossFit workout.
- It not only removes calluses but also helps in smoothing the skin
- This shaver comes with a safety lock that saves the shaver portion from exposure when not in use
- It is quite handy and can be used when you are at the gym or travelling
- Will have to buy replacement blades for it as well
Do you suffer from calluses on your hands due to weightlifting? Then you’ll need to check out this shaver for yourself online:
Reebok Women’s CrossFit Board Shorts
Last but not least, one thing that you just cannot do without is picking up the best pair of shorts for you. This one is more than just a bold style statement, as it comes with the special combination of great comfort and ample support.
These top-quality CrossFit shorts provide comfort even during high-intensity workouts by reducing friction, and they also absorb sweat and wick it away from the skin. They also provide ample flexibility. A hidden pocket is an additional feature of this short for keeping your essentials such as keys or cards.
- They are super comfy
- This one fits very well
- They come with an additional hidden pocket
- They also exhibit great looks
Where To Buy Women’s CrossFit Apparel.
You can find a nice selection of women’s CrossFit shorts online. Check now on Amazon.com for the lowest prices and to see the full range of colours and style options:
Best CrossFit Gear: CrossFit Sports Bras
If you’re looking for a comfortable, supportive CrossFit bra, then you’ve come to the right place. It’s an essential piece of CrossFit clothes for women. The best CrossFit sports bras have the following features:
- Moisture wicking fabric
- Antimicrobial properties to prevent odours
- A great level of support
- Stylish enough to be worn without a tank top or t-shirt
Do you want to check out some of our top picks for CrossFit attire? You can easily find them here: CrossFit Sports Bras.
Bear Komplex Grips
- 🏆CRUSH YOUR AT-HOME WORKOUTS: Bear KompleX genuine leather Hand Grips are the perfect gloves for...
- 💪DURABLE QUADRUPLE STITCHING will ensure full support and stability when using the Bear KompleX...
- 📈MEASURE CORRECTLY: To ensure you get the best out of your Hand Grips, make sure to measure your...
- 💯SUPERIOR LEATHER WILL REDUCE SLIPPING: on the bar and allow you to keep banging those pull-ups...
Bear Komplex calls their hand grips the best on the planet. This may in fact be true. They’re lightweight, extremely durable and may be exactly what you need to make it through you next bodybuilding, gymnastics or CrossFit workout in style. As far as women’s CrossFit gear goes, they’re almost essential and most people have a pair of these in their workout bag.
They’ll help to prevent slipping when gripping slick bars, and they’re also ideal for prevent cuts or blisters on your hands. How does an amazing grip, minus the chalk sound? Pretty good, right? You can easily find these top-quality hand grips, one of the top pieces of CrossFit Gear on Amazon:
Earbuds for Small Ears
- COMFORTABLE EARBUDS FOR KIDS WOMEN SMALL EARS - With lightweight and ergonomic angled in ear design,...
- DURABLE EARBUDS WITH CASE AND TANGLE-FREE CORD - These wired earphones are built to last, with...
- BALANCED AND CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND FOR MUSIC, PODCASTS, AUDIO BOOKS, VIDEOS AND GAMES - These stereo...
- WIRED EARPHONES WITH MICROPHONE AND VOLUME CONTROL - These earbud headphones are built with 3...
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST AUDIO DEVICES FOR DAILY USE - These wired ear buds have a standard gold plated...
If you’re the type of person who likes to listen to music or podcasts while working out, then you’ll want to consider picking up some top-notch earbuds. They’re essential women’s CrossFit gear. The main problem with some of the popular ones you might consider is that they can be too big for women’s ears and not that comfortable.
That’s why you’ll want to take a look at these smaller earbuds. The second you put these into your ear, you’ll probably notice a huge difference in terms of comfort and performance. Sounds like exactly what you need to level up your next CrossFit workout? Here are the best ones to consider:
- Dual Internal Shoe Zones
- Dual Bottle Holders
- Non-Slip Hypalon Shoulder Strap
- Water Resistant Zones
- 6 Accessory Pockets
Okay, so you have all this awesome women’s CrossFit gear but now you’re going to need a place to put it, right? Of course, you could use a duffel bag or backpack that you already have but they are certainly not going to be as awesome as these workout bags that are specially designed with all sorts of features for athletes.
Some of these things include separate compartments for stinky shoes, others for sweaty clothes and water bottle holders. Find out some of our top options right here:
What about CrossFit Shoes for Women?
Do you want to know our top picks for CrossFit shoes? It’s what we specialize in after all. You can see our top choices here: CrossFit Shoes for Women.
Or, you can have a look at this comparison chart:
CrossFit Gear for Women Summary
These are some of the gear and clothing that are absolute imperatives for avid women CrossFitters. They will help you achieve your best and break your own records. That is because for performing such a diversified activity as CrossFit, you need to be comfortable so that you can deliver your best and at the same ensure that you don’t get hurt.
All these will help you reach your target and gain the maximum benefits from this outstanding workout program. So hey girls, what are you waiting for! Grab your essential CrossFit gear for women and get started.
Women’s CrossFit Gear FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about clothing and apparel for women who do CrossFit. Here are the answers to some of the most popular ones.
What Gear Do I Need for CrossFit?
Besides the clothes you wear, including shoes, you might consider some of the following gear for CrossFit:
- Wraps or gloves
- Shin guards
- Knee sleeves
- Specialized lifting shoes
- Jump Rope
- Athletic tape
- Pull-up assist band
- And more!
Where can I Buy CrossFit Gear?
The best place to buy CrossFit gear is on Amazon because you’ll find the greatest selection, along with low prices. You can also check out Reebok.com as they are the official sponsor of the CrossFit games and have lots of equipment you’ll need for your next WOD.
Is CrossFit Gear Expensive?
You’ll often find that gear made specifically for CrossFit can be quite expensive. However, there are some far cheaper alternatives. For example, general cross-training shoes, or normal workout shorts.
Have your say about the Top CrossFit Clothes and Shoes for Women
What are some of your must-haves for a CrossFit workout? Did we miss any pieces of gear, clothing or apparel from this list? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. It’ll help other CrossFit enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API